Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 4 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Marlon Pack at Pourtsmouth, He was 31 when they signed him and 33 now but he's been their POTY.

Perkins was 32 or 33 when he arrived here and he was superb for us.

So i don't think signing older players is necessarily a bad thing, it's just making sure you get the right ones.
But they hadn’t been injured and out the game. For long spells.

Martin Kelly is an excellent player and a fantastic bloke. His personality and experience would do wonders for the development of our squad. Off field stuff plays a huge part in the modern game, so schooling academy grads to on and off field maturity makes them more desirable to clubs higher up the pyramid.

That's if it is Kelly. SCM is teasingly (and understandably), liking the post of every name mentioned. I believe Max Power is also doing coaching badges and is still of playing age, but I can't see him cutting his Saudi contract early

Think you have answered your own question. Injured. Not played a first team. Game for well over a year played one game for us. So after one game was going to keep us up. Maybe ok as a coach. Once your out the game for a long spell. At that age your playing days are over. How many times has this club walked down this path. Like I say as a coach. Be ok.
Other than me not actually asking you a question, I agree ... he played one game, but in that one game, he looked masterful.

As a coach and an option as a sub if the need should arise, I don't see what there is to moan about.

Martin Kelly is an excellent player and a fantastic bloke. His personality and experience would do wonders for the development of our squad. Off field stuff plays a huge part in the modern game, so schooling academy grads to on and off field maturity makes them more desirable to clubs higher up the pyramid.

That's if it is Kelly. SCM is teasingly (and understandably), liking the post of every name mentioned. I believe Max Power is also doing coaching badges and is still of playing age, but I can't see him cutting his Saudi contract early
Who the hell would want Max Power back here. When he turned his back on the club. Last game of the season. Could even be McLean.

But they hadn’t been injured and out the game. For long spells.

They hadn't and of course that has to factor in. It's a case by case basis.

In Kelly's instance I'm not saying it's a good or bad move as I have no idea what he's physically like at this point or how influential he is behind the scenes. But Maloney clearly rated him very highly and believed he has more to offer than just as a player. Guess we'll see.

Who the hell would want Max Power back here. When he turned his back on the club. Last game of the season. Could even be McLean.

Power in L1 is very good. But I dont think he's likely to come back. I think he'll probably end up at back at Tranmere when he leaves Saudi.

Wrexham just got promoted with McLean and paid a decent fee for him so he'll be playing for them next season in L1.

Looking at the list of players who's contracts expire this summer, beside Kelly or Jones who've been mentioned- Jenson Weir from Brighton and Ben Woodburn from Preston are both likely to be let go. We've been linked in the past so it wouldn't be surprising if we were still interested if they are free.
If I hear Jenson Weir linked with us again I'm going to scream. He's SHITE! You'd think multiple relegations and failed loans would finally see the penny drop. There's a reason he never lasts anywhere.

Oooooh your a tease :rofl:
Well Zakky, I can tell you one fact I did glean in my chance meeting with this lovely man we met and made friends with, his surname wasn't Jones or Kelly.

But of course that could be because he was the father of the players mother ;) ;) :ROFLMAO:

If I hear Jenson Weir linked with us again I'm going to scream. He's SHITE! You'd think multiple relegations and failed loans would finally see the penny drop. There's a reason he never lasts anywhere.
Some of these young lads we thought was good are not turning out to be. Cruel word football.

He's still only 22 and had 16 goal contributions last season for Morcambe so i don't think he's a write off because his 2 loans this season haven't worked out.

I've barely seen him play to judge myself but he is obviously someone Rioch knows well and Maloney admitted we tried to sign him this season. So i imagine they still think he's got potential.

Just seen someone say that Sean Clare has taken down all references to Latics on his Instagram, i just had a look and he has left up images from other clubs but taken down all the Wigan stuff. He also seems to have removed Latics stuff from Twitter but left up everything else.

I wouldn't be unhappy if he is going.

Think you have answered your own question. Injured. Not played a first team. Game for well over a year played one game for us. So after one game was going to keep us up. Maybe ok as a coach. Once your out the game for a long spell. At that age your playing days are over. How many times has this club walked down this path. Like I say as a coach. Be ok.
who have we "walked down this path" with in the past, which player have we ever signed that had not played for 12 months because of injury ?