Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 5 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Just seen someone say that Sean Clare has taken down all references to Latics on his Instagram, i just had a look and he has left up images from other clubs but taken down all the Wigan stuff. He also seems to have removed Latics stuff from Twitter but left up everything else.

I wouldn't be unhappy if he is going.

He has kinda reminded me of Nyambe from last season as he was clearly a decent player at this level but hasn't been the best fit for our style of play. Never questioned his commitment on the pitch but there may have been some attitude issues off of it.

He has kinda reminded me of Nyambe from last season as he was clearly a decent player at this level but hasn't been the best fit for our style of play. Never questioned his commitment on the pitch but there may have been some attitude issues off of it.

I think you are being very kind comparing him to Nyambe. Nyambe was very good defensively but not comfortable enough to pass the ball out.

For me, with the exception of a couple of games at the start of the season and maybe the Charlton game Clare has just been really poor for us.

I know a couple of lads that live there, have you ever been, we stay in the next village /small town to it Irvingstown on occassions.
Yes I've been a couple of times staying for a couple of weeks touring round with brother in law. Fantastic fish and chips in Killybegs Donegal

Looking at the list of potential free transfers from L1 and Championship clubs, there are obviously some good options but other L1 sides and even some Championship clubs are likely to be competing with us for them. Unlike in years gone by we wont be able to blow everyone out of the water on wages so we'll probably have to be a bit more creative in our recruitment.

There are a number of promising young players from L2 that i think we'll probably be looking at that we might face less competition for as for all of their potential they are untested at this level. I think we're also probably going to be looking at lot at the SPL and young lads like Matt Smith who are released from Prem sides without getting much game time. We may even be looking further afield for talent like we used to.

Anyone out of contract who rejects a new deal but is still under 24 would mean the players news club would have to agree a compensation fee or failing that pay a tribunal fee. Those fees are generally quite modest but include decent sell on clauses. It was something that we had no option to do last season but i could see us exploring this season.

We need players that are going one way. Up the football league. Not down. Or we finish up we’re we have been before.
Young lads 23 24 year old. Not any one over the age of 30.
As I think we keep Calum and Josh

We need players that are going one way. Up the football league. Not down. Or we finish up we’re we have been before.
Young lads 23 24 year old. Not any one over the age of 30.
As I think we keep Calum and Josh
We have plenty "young lads", we need one or two older heads in the middle of defence and especially the middle of the park, players who can influence the kids we have.

We have plenty "young lads", we need one or two older heads in the middle of defence and especially the middle of the park, players who can influence the kids we have.
If we keep hold of hughes.be ok if he goes. Total rebuild of the back four once again. One thing we don’t want is any old players on 3 year deals. Should try and get Morrison back on loan. Be surprised if we keep the Liverpool lad. Some seem to think Watts will be here next season. Can’t see it myself. Not sure about the rumours about Clair. The young lad on loan in Scotland will come into the team and be the full back.

Out of the handful of first team players still contracted to us next season nearly all of them are in their early twenties. We'll probably bring through a few from the academy, sign a couple of young loans from the Prem and look to offer contracts to other young players we think we can develop and sell on down the line.

All of the lads in their mid twenties and above could potentially be be leaving, so i think we'll need to try and get some experience in to balance that out. Could really do with a couple of players who have been there and done it and good leaders on the pitch - even if they are getting older on short term deals.

Last edited:
If we keep hold of hughes.be ok if he goes. Total rebuild of the back four once again. One thing we don’t want is any old players on 3 year deals. Should try and get Morrison back on loan. Be surprised if we keep the Liverpool lad. Some seem to think Watts will be here next season. Can’t see it myself. Not sure about the rumours about Clair. The young lad on loan in Scotland will come into the team and be the full back.

Watt's is on a free in the summer, but i can't see us offering him a contract after we've not played him in months.

No disrespect to any other lads but as soon as Morrison came back into the team the results improved.

100% - never should've been dropped. He's a great player and brings out the best in Hughes.

I rate Kerr but he never should've been in ahead of Morrison, let alone anyone else.

I had hoped we'd try and sign him but if there was ever any chance of that, I can't see it after we underservedly pushed him down the pecking order for last few months.

Morrison will be a class player. No doubt about that. Never panics. You can see why he’s at a top German top side. Unbelievable to drop him and put Goode in the team.
I imagine the fact we were able to get him was not just Maloney’s Scottish connections, but also the fact Anthony Barry is there with Tuchel. As Tuchel is leaving any hope of getting him to stay here is likely to be a little harder - but that’s obviously a lot of speculation on my part

I like Morrison. He's a decent player. However, reading recent thoughts about him, you'd be forgiven for thinking we hardly conceded a goal with him in the team.

You'd be wrong.