Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 3 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

I was talking to the grandfather of a footballer this last week, no insider secretive stuff or claims to be ITK from the inner circle, our meeting was a pure coincidence, anyhow we got talking about where we originated from and he told me his grandson has agreed in principle a deal to sign for us in the summer after is current contract ends.
He is no spring chicken and is coming as part of Maloney's coaching team but will also combine that with a playing role, he has no intention of giving that side up.

He is well known to us and it will come as no surprise when it is announced.

I suspect it's Kelly. Maloney pretty much said he wanted him as a player and a coach at a fans forum not so long ago.

I was talking to the grandfather of a footballer this last week, no insider secretive stuff or claims to be ITK from the inner circle, our meeting was a pure coincidence, anyhow we got talking about where we originated from and he told me his grandson has agreed in principle a deal to sign for us in the summer after is current contract ends.
He is no spring chicken and is coming as part of Maloney's coaching team but will also combine that with a playing role, he has no intention of giving that side up.

He is well known to us and it will come as no surprise when it is announced.
Based on absolutely nothing, but maybe Jamie Jones?

That could be a really good shout, returning as goalkeeper coach and number two

Jones hasn't got a single appearance this season and hasn't even been on the bench for a lot of games so i imagine there's a good chance he will get released this summer when his contract expires.

With Amos going we'll need a new back up keeper, i'm not sure if our other young keepers are quite ready yet and it will probably be a bit tricky trying to attract someone decent when they know their chances of dislodging Tickle are very slim. We know Jones was happy to sit on the bench, he liked it here and Maloney liked him, so it's not a bad shout that he could end up back here helping to mentor the young keepers.

Why would we want some old player with his better days behind him. Just sent one back to Brentford. And our form immediately improved. With Morrison and Kerr back.

Why would we want some old player with his better days behind him. Just sent one back to Brentford. And our form immediately improved. With Morrison and Kerr back.

A couple of experienced players does help on and off the pitch. I fully expect we'll still focus on signing younger players but adding one of two older pro's into a very young squad wont do us any harm, especially if they are back ups.

Looking at the list of players who's contracts expire this summer, beside Kelly or Jones who've been mentioned- Jenson Weir from Brighton and Ben Woodburn from Preston are both likely to be let go. We've been linked in the past so it wouldn't be surprising if we were still interested if they are free.

You're amazing ... you can add 2 + 2 and somehow get 73 ... or any result you want
Can’t believe fans talking about bringing. Old players into the club. After past experiences. Be plenty keepers about. We need one that will fight. for a place in the team. Not one who is happy to be a number 2. And pick up a wage for nothing. Experienced Centre back. If we think Kerr is fit after his injuries. We should. Be going all out to sign him back on. We want players. That are going up the leagues. Not down. We have had. To Many of these. Free loaders. In the past.

Can’t believe fans talking about bringing. Old players into the club. After past experiences. Be plenty keepers about. We need one that will fight. for a place in the team. Not one who is happy to be a number 2. And pick up a wage for nothing. Experienced Centre back. If we think Kerr is fit after his injuries. We should. Be going all out to sign him back on. We want players. That are going up the leagues. Not down. We have had. To Many of these. Free loaders. In the past.
I'm convinced that you don't properly read posts.

If IF it is Kelly who SCM was on about, then he said he would be coming as "part of Maloney's coaching team" but still had aspirations to continue playing.

From the very few games in which we saw Kelly, that would be an excellent acquisition.

I'll go as far as saying that if he hadn't got injured, then we wouldn't have been relegated.

Jones hasn't got a single appearance this season and hasn't even been on the bench for a lot of games so i imagine there's a good chance he will get released this summer when his contract expires.

With Amos going we'll need a new back up keeper, i'm not sure if our other young keepers are quite ready yet and it will probably be a bit tricky trying to attract someone decent when they know their chances of dislodging Tickle are very slim. We know Jones was happy to sit on the bench, he liked it here and Maloney liked him, so it's not a bad shout that he could end up back here helping to mentor the young keepers.
Where is Jones this season?

I'm convinced that you don't properly read posts.

If IF it is Kelly who SCM was on about, then he said he would be coming as "part of Maloney's coaching team" but still had aspirations to continue playing.

From the very few games in which we saw Kelly, that would be an excellent acquisition.

I'll go as far as saying that if he hadn't got injured, then we wouldn't have been relegated.
Think you have answered your own question. Injured. Not played a first team. Game for well over a year played one game for us. So after one game was going to keep us up. Maybe ok as a coach. Once your out the game for a long spell. At that age your playing days are over. How many times has this club walked down this path. Like I say as a coach. Be ok.

Marlon Pack at Pourtsmouth, He was 31 when they signed him and 33 now but he's been their POTY.

Perkins was 32 or 33 when he arrived here and he was superb for us.

So i don't think signing older players is necessarily a bad thing, it's just making sure you get the right ones.