Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 4 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Championship would be a big step up for Sorenson. I think Edun and Scully were better in their respective positions than Sorenson is and they couldn't nail a place down.

I think we'll see some high interest in a handful of our players this season.

I think he's a really good player for us at this level but I tend to agree - I think the jump is bigger than some people think sometimes. I keep thinking of Poole as a yardstick for moving upwards as I really thought he'd get a Championship move - seems like he will get there bit sadly after a big acl injury... but if he couldn't get one I'm suspicious about some of the players linked with moves up, same with o'connor in the summer.

And even though I really rate Lasse the amount of suitors must dwindle quickly when realistically it would be a club looking for a right wing back, so has to be a team playing 3/5 at the back and then you'd rule out the Premier league chasing ones who still seem to throw a few quid about. Slightly different if teams are just looking for a centre half of goalscorer.

Not to take anything away - really good player who I like a lot!

Poole was apparently irreplaceable at the start of the season, we have the best defence in the division.
That's a great point. We have replaced Poole with Mitchell, who makes the same last-ditch blocks in the centre that Poole did. It really goes to show that there are some good players available to us, provided our recruitment is right. We have no right to believe the players we currently have are the best we can get, regardless of how good we think they are. Virtually every team we play will have at least one player we would like in our team, and probably more.

It's going to be a very interesting summer for us. Much will depend upon which division we find ourselves in come August, but you'd expect several other clubs are watching our players especially the likes of Erhahon, Sorensen perhaps even Roughan House and Jensen. Some of them have deals expiring this summer. Others have deals expiring in the summer of 2025. Could we really turn down a good offer for the likes of Erhahon and risk losing him for nothing as we did with Poole?
I think it will be fascinating.

It's going to be a very interesting summer for us. Much will depend upon which division we find ourselves in come August, but you'd expect several other clubs are watching our players especially the likes of Erhahon, Sorensen perhaps even Roughan House and Jensen. Some of them have deals expiring this summer. Others have deals expiring in the summer of 2025. Could we really turn down a good offer for the likes of Erhahon and risk losing him for nothing as we did with Poole?
I think it will be fascinating.
Do you think House? I like him but given how at length we discuss Bish and his injury record no one mentions the same about Ben

Do you think House? I like him but given how at length we discuss Bish and his injury record no one mentions the same about Ben

That's why I classed him as among the possibles rather than Erhahon who I think we will have a bid for in the summer. House was on a few clubs radars last summer but they may have been put off by his injuries this season. Think his current deal is up in 2025 so again might be a cash in now discussion by the board. That's essentially what I was trying get at.
Bishop is another interesting one. To me he's worth another deal but he just might get himself a better offer elsewhere based on his performances since the turn of the year and with his injury record, he's probably having to consider taking the best financial a turning 28 in the summer footballer can get. That might not be with us.

If somebody makes Bishop an irresistible offer, fair play to him. Otherwise he knows the club, Skubala likes him/vice versa and plays him in his favourite position. Add to that, the coach is quite happy to manage his minutes and work with his availability issues.

Anything can happen but it wouldn't surprise me if the discussion comes down to how long the contract is extended for. We might offer one, Teddy might ask for three and they could settle on two.

bishop stayed at ipswich for something like 15 years, been at lincoln for 3, doesn't seem like the kind of player to be voluntarily looking around for the best £££ deal every season.

as with all the squad, we might be looking at better. as skubala said, better never ends.

bishop stayed at ipswich for something like 15 years, been at lincoln for 3, doesn't seem like the kind of player to be voluntarily looking around for the best £££ deal every season.

as with all the squad, we might be looking at better. as skubala said, better never ends.
His interview suggests he wants a new contract !

His interview suggests he wants a new contract !

On the wage he is rumoured to be on currently, there’s no wonder.

Whether ee make the playoffs or not this season, we will be looking to improve the squad for next season. For the out of contract players, the question will be “can we bring in better quality “.

Bishop will be a difficult one with being one of the higher earners and injury record (apart from the past month). Mandroui too as he is also out of contract according to some reports.

Wherever we finish, it will be an interesting summer.

We have to remember that whilst our players are on decent wages compared to the rest of us mere mortals their football careers usually finish at 33.
I think it is fairly common knowledge that our wage structure doesn't pay anything like what the likes of Pompey, Derby etc pay and they are in our league.
If somebody comes in for any of our players we are always going to struggle to hold on to them however important they are to the team.
It's a constant revolving door that is why it's so important to keep finding players to bring in as replacements.
Wherever we finish this season players will come and go in the summer its a simple fact of life.

Would be sad to see the likes of Sorensen or Erhahon go but we have to start selling players to become sustainable. I worry that if we don’t start selling more players regularly soon the investors may start to question whether making Lincoln sustainable is possible. Have to trust in the recruitment team to then bring in even better talent.

We have to remember that whilst our players are on decent wages compared to the rest of us mere mortals their football careers usually finish at 33.
I think it is fairly common knowledge that our wage structure doesn't pay anything like what the likes of Pompey, Derby etc pay and they are in our league.
If somebody comes in for any of our players we are always going to struggle to hold on to them however important they are to the team.
It's a constant revolving door that is why it's so important to keep finding players to bring in as replacements.
Wherever we finish this season players will come and go in the summer its a simple fact of life.
A footballer is allowed to get another job after 33. One or two also prove their mortality on the physio table.

Darren Pratley is 38, plays for Orient and was part of a midfield that nullified us.

Pre match I thought he would play the holding role but played on the left of the diamond.

If we do lose Erhahon, and I think he'd be better served with another full season here anyway, we could do without taking as long to replace him as we did with Bridcutt.