Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 93 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walsh or Jackson are the only two I can imagine us letting leave on loan from the first team squad?

Unless we're classing Gallagher and Ahui as part of the first team squad.

Be happy to be proved wrong but just can’t see the other half of this means us getting him in on loan. You would have thought others will be ahead of us on this one but would be very decent if true.

Head of Operations Leigh Bromby commented:

“He is currently recovering from injury, so we will have to be patient until that process is complete – we expect that to be around the World Cup break”.

Never mind, then!

The only departures I can see are the young lads going out on loan - Draper and Gallagher.

Then again, I suspect they’d be going to the National League or below, so there’s no rush to get those deals confirmed today.

Losing Poole or Scully - especially the former - at this stage in the window would be a shame.
Shame? More like disaster.

Well that is awkward, Diamond is the fourth.

Perhaps that is why we are only signing one, not willing to sign someone permanently.

Just wondering whether Walsh’s 45 mins were to prove his (short term) fitness, and put him in the shop window. Especially as cb is an area we are well overstocked

Peterborough chairman will be looking for a left sided cb if they sell their star cb so could be interest

Alex Gilbey off to Stevenage it looks like, an interesting one particularly if us and other L1 were in for him. I know they've started the season in L2 well, and Stevenage is close-ish to Charlton, but still....

Not the end of the world for us by any means, but a good deal for them you'd have thought and I wonder why he chose them?

Alex Gilbey off to Stevenage it looks like, an interesting one particularly if us and other L1 were in for him. I know they've started the season in L2 well, and Stevenage is close-ish to Charlton, but still....

Not the end of the world for us by any means, but a good deal for them you'd have thought and I wonder why he chose them?

that’s funny, look what you could have won pointing to the red and white speed boat. But don’t worry we will give you the bus fare to Stevenage

Suppose if it's just a season long loan, finance doesn't really come into it because he'll still get his Charlton wage. Probably backing himself to stay local in L2 and pick up a good contract next season.

BBC news deadline day reporting that Forest are closing in for Bowler from Blackpool for a fee over 4m. Let’s not think Scully won’t be sold to Blackpool just yet.

Suppose if it's just a season long loan, finance doesn't really come into it because he'll still get his Charlton wage. Probably backing himself to stay local in L2 and pick up a good contract next season.
I know we were interested - it might mean our interest waned for one reason or another......

The mindset, linguistic skill, football knowledge and as many meat pies as he can get off the legend that is Steve ' och aye I'm yer man ' Evans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.