Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 100 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not exactly a surprise so I’m sure we’ve identified potential replacements. Question is if we can do to others what is done to us .
On positive side you show this to potential signings this can happen if you do well.

indeed we can lean on the lower leagues and leverage our position

There will not be a replacement coming in for Scully if he goes. The recruitment team and MK expected him to go, and replacements are already with the club.

The only doubt was whether he would move today on loan first or, as LCFC preferred, it would be a sale.

Agree r.e. the points on Hopper, he does a good job defensively for us and is as important there as he is for his hold up, flick on and winning free kicks work.

There were plenty asking if Scully and Diamond were competing for the same position which sort of answers the question about a replacement.

If the 'other options' being reexamined includes a striker, that would be better for squad as it stands.

How about you give the team a chance rather than saying it is another shocking transfer window?
It’s clear where we are short, CM and that’s resolved. Out wide and a striker are the area of concerns for me and now we lose another option who can play down the middle if needed.

Its not about giving the team a chance, I’m talking about a man who in my eyes and many others offers the club nothing. Has recruitment got better or worse since George came in? For me the answer is clear

It’s clear where we are short, CM and that’s resolved. Out wide and a striker are the area of concerns for me and now we lose another option who can play down the middle if needed.

Its not about giving the team a chance, I’m talking about a man who in my eyes and many others offers the club nothing. Has recruitment got better or worse since George came in? For me the answer is clear
Scully down the middle has never really worked, he's strong for his size but gets out muscled by most CBs so the ball never sticks.

You do realise that since the wage cap was removed we have gone way down the order when it comes to signing players because we can't now compete on a more level playing field?

Last seasons recruitment absolutely shocking and this summers not much better. To lose Scully last minute without a replacement is a travesty.
Ask Cambridge fans what they think of the man….

So it’ll be Jez who has authorised the sale of Scully on his own will it? There was me thinking Clive and the other directors may have had an input!

I’m not really bothered what Cambridge fans think. I’ll take comfort from the fact Clive trusts him, which given what Clive has done for the club to date, is good enough for me.

Regarding recruitment, I’ll agree that there’s been some misses as well as hits, but maybe our pot of available cash is decreasing and we are feeling the effects. I’ll also admit to being concerned (and being honest fully expect to struggle this season), but I’d suggest simply blaming Jez is a little simplistic.

Is that the guy who helped recruit Edun, Bramall and perhaps Scully to develop and sell profitably to the Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.