Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2 Swansea lads are really starting to gel now ,I would go for both think we would have something really good there.
Certainly both beginning to show some signs of quality. It's not easy coming into a side with 21 points from 21 games and some "supporters" booing the team, as a relatively inexperienced player but there is an obvious improvement in both.

I would be reasonably happy with either of them, should that be possible.

Mate of mine works for Mansfield. If they fail to get promoted, dead cert that Matt Longstaff coming our way on free from Newcastle

Was surprised he's dropped that far, as at one point he was involved around Newcastle's team and linked with a move to Serie A. I think he's more of a forward thinking midfielder compared to his brother who is more of a defensive midfielder, from what I remember.

Certainly both beginning to show some signs of quality. It's not easy coming into a side with 21 points from 21 games and some "supporters" booing the team, as a relatively inexperienced player but there is an obvious improvement in both.

I would be reasonably happy with either of them, should that be possible.

I think I'm not totally sold on Cullen, I think his best position is the striker dropping in but we have players contracted already that can operate in that area.

Mate of mine works for Mansfield. If they fail to get promoted, dead cert that Matt Longstaff coming our way on free from Newcastle

Brilliant. This is exactly what this thread is for. My mates cousin Fat Barry saw Johnny Howson in a pub in Leeds pissed up and he said he’s defintely signing next season to replace Liam Bridcutt. Apparently he loves the Dambusters and can’t wait to hear it played before matches.

Brilliant. This is exactly what this thread is for. My mates cousin Fat Barry saw Johnny Howson in a pub in Leeds pissed up and he said he’s defintely signing next season to replace Liam Bridcutt. Apparently he loves the Dambusters and can’t wait to hear it played before matches.
The "fat Barry"?

..... and he loves sirens even for throw inns and low level passes by the Lancaster

I think I'm not totally sold on Cullen, I think his best position is the striker dropping in but we have players contracted already that can operate in that area.
I think being totally sold on any player we will sign is unlikely. There has to be some doubt or the big boys with all the cash will come in and steal them.

Having said that despite conceding a penalty and a poor finish from a glorious position against Portsmouth, he is fairly regularly getting on the end of things and to me looking better game by game.

Not saying we can sign him or necessarily we should. I don't know what's available or possible but as I said I think he is beginning to look like a good player for someone next year.

Loans are funny things, was thinking about last season’s main 4 loans. We probably wouldn’t have predicted what this season brought for them. One might be heading to the World Cup, one we signed permanently and two have had wasted seasons to be honest.

I think being totally sold on any player we will sign is unlikely. There has to be some doubt or the big boys with all the cash will come in and steal them.

Having said that despite conceding a penalty and a poor finish from a glorious position against Portsmouth, he is fairly regularly getting on the end of things and to me looking better game by game.

Not saying we can sign him or necessarily we should. I don't know what's available or possible but as I said I think he is beginning to look like a good player for someone next year.
I think we have enough young players on our books, plus any new loan signings. Think we need two or three more experienced players (preferably not injury prone 🤔) for defence and midfield.

On the experienced front I would love to see us go for Vadaine Oliver if Gillingham go down. Always been impressed with him in recent years and would be the proper target we need for all the crossing positions we get in, has that experience and know how when games go tough, has pace and desire to press/counter attack and most importantly the ball sticks to him to feed other players like Kendall and Scully. Could be a more realistic target too but I guess you wouldn't have hopper and Oliver on the same books and some may laugh at the mere suggestion of bringing him back!

On the experienced front I would love to see us go for Vadaine Oliver if Gillingham go down. Always been impressed with him in recent years and would be the proper target we need for all the crossing positions we get in, has that experience and know how when games go tough, has pace and desire to press/counter attack and most importantly the ball sticks to him to feed other players like Kendall and Scully. Could be a more realistic target too but I guess you wouldn't have hopper and Oliver on the same books and some may laugh at the mere suggestion of bringing him back!

The one thing Oliver is not is a realistic target for Lincoln.

Can see the headline now -

Lincoln resign 30 year old journeyman

- ex Mansfield/Notts County/York City/Morecambe forward who only played 21 games last season for relegated Gillingham is the way forward for Lincoln.

For so many reasons never going to happen.
More likely to sign Harry Kane.

The one thing Oliver is not is a realistic target for Lincoln.

Can see the headline now -

Lincoln resign 30 year old journeyman

- ex Mansfield/Notts County/York City/Morecambe forward who only played 21 games last season for relegated Gillingham is the way forward for Lincoln.

For so many reasons never going to happen.
More likely to sign Harry Kane.

perhaps it shows what a poor season we have had as in the 2 matches against us we made him look like Harry Kane!!

Journeyman who scored 17 league 1 goals last season, 9 this in a struggling team. I think we need someone who can hold the ball up to get the most out of some of these nippy players, wins free kicks, is able to help us attack and defend set pieces and gets on the end of crosses from the full backs. Hopper is mostly that guy but I really think the collective would improve from a player like him and with our budget struggling to think of other experienced players we could afford.

We are well set for forwards next season with Hopper, House, Kendall, Scully, and Draper.

We are short of wide players, what us oldsters would call wingers. However MA doesn't really like out and out wide players - having released Anderson, Elbo, and Archibald - all of whom are doing well elswewhere. With Adulakan to be added to that list.

Priority would seem to be a right sided wide forward. Plus a right back and several midfielders!

We are well set for forwards next season with Hopper, House, Kendall, Scully, and Draper.

We are short of wide players, what us oldsters would call wingers. However MA doesn't really like out and out wide players - having released Anderson, Elbo, and Archibald - all of whom are doing well elswewhere. With Adulakan to be added to that list.

Priority would seem to be a right sided wide forward. Plus a right back and several midfielders!
On the contrary, House and Kendall have been signed as 'projects' by MA; Draper is 17 and a long way short of being League One standard; and Scully won't be here. That leaves just Hopper from that list, far from being well set. Loads of work to be done across the whole squad.

On the contrary, House and Kendall have been signed as 'projects' by MA; Draper is 17 and a long way short of being League One standard; and Scully won't be here. That leaves just Hopper from that list, far from being well set. Loads of work to be done across the whole squad.

Agreed.

In terms of numbers then yes, we are well stocked for strikers.

But Kendall, Draper and House are unproven at this level. Even if Scully stays, he’s more of a winger than a number 9.

So yeah, just Hopper really. Fingers crossed The Project Trio can hit the ground running.

Status
Not open for further replies.