Summer 2020 transfers | Page 5 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

If the season is void and we go again will the players who we thought would leave leave? Would this mean we would have no bloody money again? Webber has said that we don't need to sell and there should be money.

As I mentioned in another thread (I don't know which one. I am one of those 'vulnerable aka damn useless' people), it may be that cover-19 will stop transfers.

:lol:

I just read that Turnball (the winger we were after a lot of the pre-season but turn us down for Celtic for that move to be screwed because a knee issue - which was lucky for them because he then had a knee injury) has come out and said he was very tempted to join us. Is he trying to maybe force another move through? He has only just returned from a long injury - a talent but one with a weak knee it seems.

'My head was all over the place. I was talking to Stuart Webber and he was really good. He promoted what they had done with the academy, what they were doing with the first team. He told me everything. It was really good and it was making my head turn. I went down to the Norwich training ground on Thursday morning but my heart was set on Celtic, just because they had been in from the start and it had been going on so long. My representative and me had decided that was the day (at Colney) when we chose whether it was Norwich or Celtic. We were sat in an office, just me and him, and Celtic came back with another offer. I couldn’t turn that down'

So it sounds like he wanted the Celtic move all along and may be used the Norwich interest to get a little more money.

Any else seen this report about our top 8 earners (apparently - is this someone making shit up or have they access)?

Trybull - 15k a week
Heise - £16, 192 a week
McGovern - £17k a week
Stiepermann - £17.5k a week
Vrancic - 20k a week
Klose - 20k a week
Hanley - 25k a week
Byram - 30k a week

If this is true then Heise on 16k a week!!!
McGovern 17k a week??? surely his new deal was lower wage then this?

Now if reports are true Cantwell and lewis are on around 5k a week so if they know this and it is true they must be thinking - McGovern, Stiepermann, Heise, Vrancic....come on pay me some more.

They will all be much lower soon. Well maybe not all as all the ones going to premier clubs will get even more money.

Any else seen this report about our top 8 earners (apparently - is this someone making shit up or have they access)?

Trybull - 15k a week
Heise - £16, 192 a week
McGovern - £17k a week
Vrancic - 20k a week
Klose - 20k a week
Hanley - 25k a week
Byram - 30k a week

Now if reports are true Cantwell and lewis are on around 5k a week so if they know this and it is true they must be thinking - McGovern, Stiepermann, Heise, Vrancic....come on pay me some more.
They are on much more than those figures, Bears. That comes from my mate and his occasional conversations with a club official. If relegated there are relegation clauses but top earners, he says, are on £40k odd a week. That’s still very cheap for the PL but very affordable at this time for NCFC. The squad last season had low salaries, hence the need to improve that last summer with new contract extensions and, where a lot of the spare cash went, I believe.

I just read that Turnball (the winger we were after a lot of the pre-season but turn us down for Celtic for that move to be screwed because a knee issue - which was lucky for them because he then had a knee injury) has come out and said he was very tempted to join us. Is he trying to maybe force another move through? He has only just returned from a long injury - a talent but one with a weak knee it seems.

'My head was all over the place. I was talking to Stuart Webber and he was really good. He promoted what they had done with the academy, what they were doing with the first team. He told me everything. It was really good and it was making my head turn. I went down to the Norwich training ground on Thursday morning but my heart was set on Celtic, just because they had been in from the start and it had been going on so long. My representative and me had decided that was the day (at Colney) when we chose whether it was Norwich or Celtic. We were sat in an office, just me and him, and Celtic came back with another offer. I couldn’t turn that down'

So it sounds like he wanted the Celtic move all along and may be used the Norwich interest to get a little more money.

On another website there was a reference to his support for City on Twitter before our transfer interest. There is a natural pull for Scottish lads towards Celtic and Glasgow Rangers so I wouldnt blame him for that.

As for his knee, it depends on what they had to do. Reminds me of the doc being told prior to the Ron Davies pre signing medical that in so many words
that the doc wasn't to fail the player on his medical!!

Given that Turnbull plays in the central attacking midfield position and has an "eye for goal" then I would like us to have another go at signing him. Furthermore a deal can be structured to protect us.

Trybull - 15k a week
Heise - £16, 192 a week
McGovern - £17k a week
Vrancic - 20k a week
Klose - 20k a week
Hanley - 25k a week
Byram - 30k a week

Sorry FC BEARS, that report is a pile of ****!

Last edited: