Summer 2020 transfers | Page 4 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

IF Krul leaves we will be left with Mc Flap and youngsters.
It will then be time to start over again with keepers as they never risk
young keepers as they do outfield players.
Agreed. I have faith in Oxborough but I also had faith in Rudd and Matthews but they were both seen as not good enough (Rudd has improved). If Krul does leave it will be another free agent I think, which isn't the end of the world as long as they are good and Oxborough will be number 2 with the view to be number 1 the season after. I think it is time to give him the shirt and see how he does. Like you say DG the outfield youngsters have been given a go.

We will end up like Huddersfield Town .... lose Webber , lose our German manager , lose our best players , lose our local derby 2-0 , end up with Lincolns manager , and have to battle against relegation to League One

Think that won’t happen all you blinkered Norwich fans out there ? Well go and ask Huddersfield Towns fans if it can’t happen !
Bloody good point YB.

We could need a whole new side! and after this season I am unsure of Webber's abilities at bringing in the right players.

Krul - McGovern (out of contract or did DF give him a new one until 2021 for some reason)? - Oxborough is out of contract too but with have a extension option.

Aarons - Lewis - Heise - Raggett - Godfrey

Leitner - Cantwell - Emi - McLean - Duda (obviously)

Drmic (Would he stay)? - Morris

Then you have the u23 players out of contract and any other players deemed not good enough or not wanting to stay like maybe Thompson

Last edited:
Just few updates on the debate -

Webber is not planning a major splurge with funds from PL, parachute and any player exits. money this summer. It Simply does not fit the philosophy of the club. I would expect the club to be targeting more than frees and loan players.

PD very honest saying that one of the big issues is that we are far too predictable and trying to always score a perfect goal....clubs can let us come on to them and then tackle us and get up and score as we are all so far forward. He says for this to change DF will need to change his whole thinking and game which he can't see happening.

He says that if we stay up all of the player currently out on loan will either go back out on loan of be sold/released but if we go down then Sitti, McCallum, Gilmour wt al will be considered.

PD seems to think after talking with DF that it will be the same formation and team that lost on the weekend to play Southampton on weekend?

Surely he won't go with the same.

Change it up DF - Drop Duda and Pukki throw in Idah and Drmic go with a 4-3-1-2

PD seems to think after talking with DF that it will be the same formation and team that lost on the weekend to play Southampton on weekend?

Surely he won't go with the same.

Change it up DF - Drop Duda and Pukki throw in Idah and Drmic go with a 4-3-1-2

He will go the same. He always keeps a losing side and there has been a lot of losing going on !

I would be happy with them actually announcing day and time of the man ure game so I can get family to organise weekend.

I remember a few of us on here (me included) were saying we should try to sign Drinkwater from Chelsea - well dodged a bullet I think. His loan at Burnley ended early due to a fight at a nightclub or something and it looks like his Villa loan is ending too after a fight with Jota (we ended up with Amadou so didn't work out that well).

I see we have been linked with West Ham midfielder Josh Cullen, though face competition from Leeds, Bournemouth and West Brom.

Agreed. I have faith in Oxborough but I also had faith in Rudd and Matthews but they were both seen as not good enough (Rudd has improved). If Krul does leave it will be another free agent I think, which isn't the end of the world as long as they are good and Oxborough will be number 2 with the view to be number 1 the season after. I think it is time to give him the shirt and see how he does. Like you say DG the outfield youngsters have been given a go.

Rudd was unlucky he had Rab to deal with!

HAVE WE LEARNT SOMETHING?

In the Prem you need big fast players.

Well our January signings are tall;
Sitti 6'
McCallcum 6'
Ruup 5' 11"

and Sinani (assuming he has finally signed a contract) 6' 1"

Players we have been connected with:
striker - Loader 20 years old 6' tall
CAM - Turnbull 21 6'
DM - Pobega 20 6' 2"
LCB - Botman 20 6' 4"

and hopefully are very own Jayesimi 22 in May 5'11 will join the first team wingers.......the Swindon fans say he has a lot of pace and knows where the goal is!

HAVE WE LEARNT SOMETHING?

In the Prem you need big fast players.

Well our January signings are tall;
Sitti 6'
McCallcum 6'
Ruup 5' 11"

and Sinani (assuming he has finally signed a contract) 6' 1"

Players we have been connected with:
striker - Loader 20 years old 6' tall
CAM - Turnbull 21 6'
DM - Pobega 20 6' 2"
LCB - Botman 20 6' 4"

and hopefully are very own Jayesimi 22 in May 5'11 will join the first team wingers.......the Swindon fans say he has a lot of pace and knows where the goal is!
Heard only good things about jayesimi.