Summer 2019 Transfers | Page 54 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfers

Good under the radar signing again imo, cheap, good age, if he fulfils his potential then its a real bargain. Only worry is buying from W Ham, hope hes not another Jarvis!

I wonder if he will also be looked at to play in that defensive midfield role or even cover the right wing too. Very pleased with this. Next season it is true we could be getting big money for Aarons, Lewis and Godfrey.

I see that Bayern have transfer-listed Kwasi Wriedt. He was linked with us earlier in this window. Apparently, Bayern had a look at him and decided that he isn't up to making the step up so are looking to cash in.

Do we go for him? Do we need another forward? He smashed loads of goals for their 2nd team but then again I am sure Srbeny was a goal machine in German second tier. Can play in a few roles which would be appealing to DF.

The words goal machine and Srbeny not often used in same sentence
without word "not" appearing :grinning::grinning:
Hehe I know.

But looks at his record before coming to us:

22 games - 10 goals
33 games - 18 goals
18 games - 9 goals
--------------------- joins us

14 games 1 goal
20 games 3 goals

Is anyone else surprised he is still here? I mean 1 1/2 seasons in the championship and 34 games and 4 goals now a step up. The thing is I never hear anything bad about him. He is a player I would send on loan to say a L1 club or one of our dutch connected clubs

I really like the pragmatism of Daniel Farke. This is what he had to say about Sam Byram. "needs some time to adapt to our group and our way of football, but if he's able to use his potential again we have a really, really good signing". DF cannot be blamed if it does not work out and I am sure he will do his best to bring out the quality that obviously exists. The rest is up to the lad himself. (hopefully not another Jarvis). At least we don't lose so much if it does go wrong.

I really like the pragmatism of Daniel Farke. This is what he had to say about Sam Byram. "needs some time to adapt to our group and our way of football, but if he's able to use his potential again we have a really, really good signing". DF cannot be blamed if it does not work out and I am sure he will do his best to bring out the quality that obviously exists. The rest is up to the lad himself. (hopefully not another Jarvis). At least we don't lose so much if it does go wrong.

Pretty much no risk, someone would sign him off us in a couple of seasons if he doesn't pan out at a small loss, if he does pan out we have a very cheap Aarons replacement for when Max takes that next step to a top 4 club.

I still think we'll see one splash signing - feel like we're keeping money back for DM...we'll see

I see that one of the gks we were linked with is on his way to Luton for 1.5 million. Simon Sluga has a medical tomorrow.

Bloody hell even Luton can spend more on 1 player than we can ??