Summer 2019 Transfers | Page 52 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfers

So if Godfrey out for a while do we sign a new cb or just bring in a player on a short loan or go with Hanley and Klose and promote a u23 defender as cover or just go with Hanley and Klose and just hope we are okay until Godfrey and zimmer are fit.

So if Godfrey out for a while do we sign a new cb or just bring in a player on a short loan or go with Hanley and Klose and promote a u23 defender as cover or just go with Hanley and Klose and just hope we are okay until Godfrey and zimmer are fit.
Guess it depends on godfreys layoff, if very long then defo need cover imo, crucial that its someone with prem experience as a cb, were very inexperienced at the back bar klose/krul but im not convinced by those two if im honest, klose not had much game time last season either.

I would go with Klose and Hanley if Zimmers and Godfrey are out . They are being paid handsomely as NC players and are part of the first team squad . There should be no reason whatsoever why they can’t step up . If it is felt they can’t , or are not good enough then they shouldn’t be employed by NCFC

Totally agree YB.
We were very lucky last season with hardly any injuries and keeping same team week after week.
One pre season friendly and we pick up an injury. That is just how it is
and the squad for forthcoming season needs to be assembled
asap which should allow for an injury in every position.

A little bit on Oli's deal:

Oliveira has agreed to a 2-year deal, earning him about 1.2m per year while there is also a 6m release clause in his contract. AEK have agreed 1.2 million fee with Norwich.

All this make me wonder is Farke/Webber have forgotten we got promoted are preparing for another season in the Championship
Well, Webber did say we will be going into this window as if we were in the championship, didn't he? Or that we were to get relegated we have aside for the championship.

How much has been spent on Rhodes in loan fees? I get that he is a good team player but why waste money on a player who obviously isn't good enough?

So it will be Rhodes - Srbeny - Drmic - Pukki - Idah

I don't see that as a good forward line for the premiership just my opinion. I do wonder if Rhodes coming in is meaning Idah will now be loaned out.

If Godfrey is out then the plan is for one of the u23 lads to cover like Famewo who is out in Germany too and has league experience. Plus they might stop Bushiri's loan move and have him as cover. Like I mentioned before it might come down to us signing an RB who can also cover CB like Martin was supposed to be able to do.

A little bit on Oli's deal:

Oliveira has agreed to a 2-year deal, earning him about 1.2m per year while there is also a 6m release clause in his contract. AEK have agreed 1.2 million fee with Norwich.
Atleast were getting something, madness that hes going to get the same in a season as his value?!

Our squad is still way too thin for my liking and lacking top flight experience in some areas, still need to sign 3 players for decent sums imo and rhodes wouldnt be one of them! Id sign a proven att, solid experienced CM, and a RB, would cost the earth either, surely we have freed up enough off the wage bill even after all the new contracts?!

Odusina is another who might be going to Telstar on loan for the season.
Spyrou is on trial at a club but no mention of who this is but could be moving in the next few days depending on what the club think of him.

Interesting that the Norwich media boys saying the Rhodes ship has sailed and the club have moved on. The financials for Rhodes contract and fee was just way out of City's remit. But reports today saying that a loan is close. But Bruce leaving means surely nothing will be sorted until a new manager comes in and has a look at the squad before making a decision

I’m not adverse to Rhodes loan deal. The most expensive position to fill is that of striker. In Pukki, we arguably have a player whose true value is about £15m+ and we got him for free.
Any top striker under contract is going to cost as much if not more. We’re massively punching above our weight here.
Drmic is as good a free buy as we’re likely to find and Srbeny convinces nobody. Idah is very young and is unlikely to be up to a full season in the PL just yet.
As back up, Rhodes isn’t a bad option and he is a finisher. Just scoring 1 or 2 off the bench to save a game might be huge in terms of staying up. A loan could be the best thing all round.

I see Srbeny more of an attacking midfielder and we have a few of those. Upfront on his own I think he is probably more suited to L1.

I’m not adverse to Rhodes loan deal. The most expensive position to fill is that of striker. In Pukki, we arguably have a player whose true value is about £15m+ and we got him for free.
Any top striker under contract is going to cost as much if not more. We’re massively punching above our weight here.
Drmic is as good a free buy as we’re likely to find and Srbeny convinces nobody. Idah is very young and is unlikely to be up to a full season in the PL just yet.
As back up, Rhodes isn’t a bad option and he is a finisher. Just scoring 1 or 2 off the bench to save a game might be huge in terms of staying up. A loan could be the best thing all round.
I like rhodes as a champ player, when starting like he did home Versus Villa he was good, but as a impact sub player i saw him miss too many gilt edge chances (millwall aside) and in prem will be a lot harder as he found out before. Make you right about the cost of an established top flight scorer though, but we could spend 10-15 on a player but are choosing not too, i guess they dont want another Naismith or RVW which i understand too!