Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 158 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

PL transfer window shuts 8th August.
La Liga shuts 2nd September.
Serie A shuts 23rd August.
Bundesliga shuts 2nd September.
Ligue 1 shuts 2nd September.

So there is every possibility that Eriksen and Toby could leave for new clubs after our window has shut.

FFS.
I can't see that happening without replacements in situ.
Unless we go down the loan route. RM give us Bale and Modders for the season plus a fat wad of cash we can spend in January! I could probably. Live with that for Christian!

I personally don't care about how much money he made for us from selling them players. He and others failed to replace both players with good enough players. Also the impact it has had on the clubs preseason preparation is evident.

An unsettled squad going into the new season has won us what?

As for the VDV deal, one jammy deal doesn't mask nearly 20 years of failure to win trophies.

I don't disagree. But it was an impossible task when RM or United came calling...

So there is every possibility that Eriksen and Toby could leave for new clubs after our window has shut.

FFS.

Can't see that happening. Probably more chance them both leaving on free's the following summer.

Can't see that happening. Probably more chance them both leaving on free's the following summer.

Toby uy out clause only runs from start of window to beginning of the last 2 weeks.
If he isn't gone in the next 2 weeks don't see him leaving and he will walk next summer.
I said last week I can see him giving us another season.

Eriksen clearly is a worry. We need to say to him and his agent any deal needs to be sorted before the end of the PL window

Toby uy out clause only runs from start of window to beginning of the last 2 weeks.
If he isn't gone in the next 2 weeks don't see him leaving and he will walk next summer.
I said last week I can see him giving us another season.

Eriksen clearly is a worry. We need to say to him and his agent any deal needs to be sorted before the end of the PL window

Agree on Toby. I have had the same feeling since last summer that he will see out his contract. I'm fine with that.

Eriksen not so much. I can see his performances dropping even more than last season and his agent has just made it clear again his client wants out.

As some of us have said since the January transfer window this is a deal we can't drag out all summer. I would rather sell for 50m now than for 70m a month later if it means we can get in our targets earlier.

How many times has Poch said he wants all his targets in for preseason as it's vital for the clubs progression?

Athletico Madrid have now entered the race for Trippier!!!
That's AM, Juve and Napoli.

It's a funny old game

FFS.
I pointed that out on another thread Chiv . It’s totally ridiculous . All the windows have to be open for twelve weeks . Therefore ours was open about three weeks before any other window .
What is the point in that .
It pisses me off with the non “common sense” approach our authorities apply, to put us at a disadvantage for no apparent reason .
What was the problem in buying players after the season had started ?
I’m just getting a grumpy old man I think . Maybe it’s time to take up domino’s

Let's see that mutual respect and him signing a new contract, if his move to RM doesn't happen.

I assume there's one unlikely scenario where he does sign a new deal but there is the type of clause that Toby has in his contract.

I still think everyone involved will figure out a way for him to be at RM next season though.

FFS.

That will only happen if we've already got cover, if we haven't, neither will be going anywhere - that said, the 'cover' may not be immediately obvious to everyone.

I pointed that out on another thread Chiv . It’s totally ridiculous . All the windows have to be open for twelve weeks . Therefore ours was open about three weeks before any other window .
What is the point in that .
It pisses me off with the non “common sense” approach our authorities apply, to put us at a disadvantage for no apparent reason .
What was the problem in buying players after the season had started ?
I’m just getting a grumpy old man I think . Maybe it’s time to take up domino’s

It was decided by the PL chairman, who felt that on balance starting a season with players who wanted to be elsewhere was undermining the ability to get business done and undermining team preparations.

Overall, I think they were right. If you're going to have windows, close them before the season starts.

It was decided by the PL chairman, who felt that on balance starting a season with players who wanted to be elsewhere was undermining the ability to get business done and undermining team preparations.

Overall, I think they were right. If you're going to have windows, close them before the season starts.

I have wanted the transfer window shut before the season starts for years. Would help if all countries have the same dates of course.

We can still do business with them clubs anyway. Clubs sign players outside the transfer window all the time. Even the chavs sign players when they have a ban. :lol: