Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 68 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

We had four players in the semis which is okay, we can deal with that. Tottenham had nine players in the semis. I have no clue how they will do it. That’s a big challenge. It’s a really tough thing to deal with and in the future we have to change it.

Jurgen Klopp

He is spot on. Which is why this of all years we should have been determined to get quality options in fast for the manager.

We had four players in the semis which is okay, we can deal with that. Tottenham had nine players in the semis. I have no clue how they will do it. That’s a big challenge. It’s a really tough thing to deal with and in the future we have to change it.

Jurgen Klopp

He is spot on. Which is why this of all years we should have been determined to get quality options in fast for the manager.

Klopp has a point, but he is a weasel, there's a small excuse hidden in there.

His spending is on par with the biggest teams in the world, it's about time that the media will stop giving him a free pass and start evaluating by the trophies he delivers (or doesn't).

I mean, who are the 4 players he is referring to? Only Henderson and Lovren actually played in the Semi finals, did he really include Trent-Arnold and Mignolet in his count?

Fabinho and Keita had a full pre-season, so did VVD, those are his last big 3 signings and none went to the WC. Allison doesn't need a rest as he is a keeper.

Looking at his extended squad - Matip Robertson, Clyne, VVD, Fabinho, Keita, Mane, Wijnaldum, Allison - all of the are ready to go. With Salah out early I simply can't believe he even raised the WC card

He had 6 assists and started 22 games and was used in another 8. Scoring 3 goals. In the Championship that is nothing special.

If you are going by stats then look at Maddisons, miles ahead.

Onamahs are ahead as well I think

So Onamah is better than Grealish ? It was his comeback season after a near death car accident which changed his outlook . He plays with a lower level of teammates at Villa and is probably held back by them. He ran the middle of the park when he was 19 against Liverpool so he can mix it with better players and he is more mature now.

I'm not saying he is the next Modric but worth a go IMO.

The Homegrown rule is forcing clubs like Spurs not to ignore young players like Grealish who haven't yet answered questions on how good they are or can be. It forces the issue and stops the top clubs from buying more players in from abroad and blocking their progress.

Whilst Poch may not know how much runway Grealish has ahead of him, he is not buying him to simply make up numbers. If he joins, he will get a fair crack at it and whatever happens end up a better player. That might not be instantaneous though.

If Poch is genuinely interested in Grealish I trust his judgement despite previous failures. I quoted Jack's stats because somebody suggested he didn't create much. While the figures are not exceptional it was his return season and there is a foundation to work with.

I cannot believe we are interested in Grealish. Yes he may be a good prospect but is he good enough for us. When we are seeing all our rivals sign players who are proven. Players who strengthen there 11and we are risking 30m on a player who has had one decent season in a lower league.
I want someone who has played and shine at the highest level because that's where we are and that's where we want to stay.Grealish is not the player we need

At this point I would avoid selling Rose, Dembo and Toby (unless Martial comes in). It's too late in the window to get an up and running replacement, and seeing as Rose & Dembo had an easy WC, and Toby missing most of last season, they should be ready to go.

Sell the rest to prepare the funds for next season (GKN, Sissoko, CCV, Onomah, Janssen, Llorente and one of Gazza/Vorm). We are too skint to be playing excess wages anyway.

Rather take a financial hit next season than being left without players.

Unfortunately, there's no way Levy agrees to that.

At this point I would avoid selling Rose, Dembo and Toby (unless Martial comes in). It's too late in the window to get an up and running replacement, and seeing as Rose & Dembo had an easy WC, and Toby missing most of last season, they should be ready to go.

Sell the rest to prepare the funds for next season (GKN, Sissoko, CCV, Onomah, Janssen, Llorente and one of Gazza/Vorm). We are too skint to be playing excess wages anyway.

Rather take a financial hit next season than being left without players.

Unfortunately, there's no way Levy agrees to that.

Just close the thread, it's a waste of time.

Just so you know, Zaha has told Palace he wants to leave.

It's either us or Everton according to the pundits - I'm pretty certain it's us, we've been talking to him/them for nigh on a year now trying to work a deal.

Simon Jordan (ex-Palace chairman) believes that as Mahrez went for £60 mill, Zaha is at least the same.

And to think we could have had him for £12 mill when Manure wanted to let him go., said we should have made our bid then and then again the following year when we could have paid around £18 mill for him.

I'll be delighted if we can get him over the line - it would challenge mutiple players in multiple formations in differing positions.

I cannot believe we are interested in Grealish. Yes he may be a good prospect but is he good enough for us. When we are seeing all our rivals sign players who are proven. Players who strengthen there 11and we are risking 30m on a player who has had one decent season in a lower league.
I want someone who has played and shine at the highest level because that's where we are and that's where we want to stay.Grealish is not the player we need

These are exactly the same arguments that were made about Delli - m aybe lightening can't strike twice; but there are some very shrewd scouts who all agree that he could be as good as, if not better than those we currently whorshipp...

Of course, he'd be a punt, just as Alli was - but let's at least try and keep an open mind that these scouts, managers and our own ex-coaches may all be onto something..

A report looks into where Grealish could play for Spurs. He can play on either wing or through the middle as an attacking MF. But lastly due to his finishing skills it has been suggested he could be a back up striker as an unlikely option.

Just so you know, Zaha has told Palace he wants to leave.

It's either us or Everton according to the pundits - I'm pretty certain it's us, we've been talking to him/them for nigh on a year now trying to work a deal.

Simon Jordan (ex-Palace chairman) believes that as Mahrez went for £60 mill, Zaha is at least the same.

And to think we could have had him for £12 mill when Manure wanted to let him go., said we should have made our bid then and then again the following year when we could have paid around £18 mill for him.

I'll be delighted if we can get him over the line - it would challenge mutiple players in multiple formations in differing positions.

Getting Zaha for 70 million on deadline day seems Spursy enough to me.

He's a Sissoko mark II, but hey - got to appease the fans with a 'marquee' signing...