Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 70 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

Zaha is nowhere near the level of Mahrez. There is easily a 20m difference in terms of quality.

We had opportunity to get Mahrez three seasons ago at considerably less cost than Zaha, but instead chose to stick with the crumbs from the table Lamela was providing. My god if we displayed some foresight in our thinking, we would be more prosperous, maybe have rewritten our history and be so much better.

These are exactly the same arguments that were made about Delli - m aybe lightening can't strike twice; but there are some very shrewd scouts who all agree that he could be as good as, if not better than those we currently whorshipp...

Of course, he'd be a punt, just as Alli was - but let's at least try and keep an open mind that these scouts, managers and our own ex-coaches may all be onto something..

Delete was 18 and 5, mill . Grealish is 22 and they are quoting 30 mill and above. There is a massive difference. If we pay 10 mill then worth a go but anymore is just not worth it.

Mahrez was only interested in going to ManC - he'd been tapped up for the last 18 months, no matter what we could offer, we'd have been wasting our time and his agency made that abundantly clear to anyone that asked.

He's 'home grown' and we have a home grown problem, he's PL experineced and has almost every pundit excalming how good he was last season and how much better he may become in a better side...

I hope that better side is us - I saw enough of him last season to know he'd compete in our starting 11 and may even be better given time.

That said, dismayed to learn that it's the chav's we're up against to get him - they must be getting ready to sell Hazard.

I'd laugh so hard if they sold hazard and replace him with wilf. The chelsea fans would be so pissed off.

Well, the market is getting hot - it seems Everton have indicated that they're prepared to pay what Palace ask....!!

I guess we saw them pay massively over the odds last season for one or our rejects, so if they are driving the market, it wouldn't surprise me to see them be prepared to break their records yet again.

Not sure he will go to everton, he wants to stay in london. Plus he wants to play for a big club and thats not everton.

Delete was 18 and 5, mill . Grealish is 22 and they are quoting 30 mill and above. There is a massive difference. If we pay 10 mill then worth a go but anymore is just not worth it.

Those days are gone. MK dons must be kicking themselves they let dele go for so low, unless they have a sell on clause.

the markets long since moved on - transfer pricing inflation has been running at 100% since the last big media deal....so #10 mill players then, are 30 mill now.

Last edited:
the markets long since moved on - transfer pricing inflation has been running at 100% since the last big media deal....so #10 mill players then, are 30 mill now.

Grealish is still not worth 30 mill he is a 10 mill at tops . He is average 22 year old who does not deserve to be in our squad. Not for 30mill definitely

A report looks into where Grealish could play for Spurs. He can play on either wing or through the middle as an attacking MF. But lastly due to his finishing skills it has been suggested he could be a back up striker as an unlikely option.

he played deeper for Villa last season by what I read... I'd assume we're interested in him as a box to box CM.

We had opportunity to get Mahrez three seasons ago at considerably less cost than Zaha, but instead chose to stick with the crumbs from the table Lamela was providing. My god if we displayed some foresight in our thinking, we would be more prosperous, maybe have rewritten our history and be so much better.

Speaking of rewriting history... is this before their title winning season when he was off the back of an incredible four! goals in 1 season, following an equally impressive three in the championship the year before?

He'd done nothing to show he was a top half of the table player at that point, let alone one we should be pinning our future on.

50 million accepted for Richarldson

Levy needs to realise that’s the market we now operate In

I'm sorry I agree with Polio this is Sissoko again. As a squad option for even 40 million in this mad climate yes. He has useful assets. But if you were going to go anywhere near 60 then why not buy Marhrez who would have made goals for Kane for fun. At 60m there are endless better options. Including Lamar and Costa (who killed us in the ECL). If he comes I'll back him 100%. However im convinced I could find a better fit for the money quoted.