Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

Pollo - 10/12/2017 12:22

I remember the debates here about Charlie Austin.

He gets injured too often, but 5 million bought Southampton last season 6 goals & 1 assist in 940 minutes , and today he banged his 5th of the season in 315 minutes. The guy is a goal machine.

Now compare that to Janssen & Soldado mark II who cost us a combined 29 million.

You could not go wrong with 5m for a PL scorer. Shame the club had other ideas.

unlikely to be a revelation, he'll be playing for England.

Would love us to sign him but he'd be 2nd fiddle here too realistically. If he does get fed up he'd be more likely to join if we sold Kane or go to a mid table club where he'd be top dog.

Unfortunately I agree with 80, however, our place in top 4 is still under threat and probably will still be come January so my hope is he wants to keep the CL money flowing next season, and doesn't want Europa in the new stadium and will therefore take a calculated risk to bring in a player who will strengthen our first 11. He's not known for his calculated risks, but prior to Ex recently saying the relationship has soured, all talk has been of his trust in Poch - if you were ever going to properly back a manager, surely it has to be this one.

Matic - 10/1/2018 23:05

Bienvenu17 - 10/1/2018 22:46

£12mill for Francis Coquelin - the world has gone mad! Why? How? What has he done besides been a weak link at the arse for a few seasons?

What interests me is why Valencia have signed him. Does it signal an acceptance that Kondogbia won't be theirs again next season? We've been linked with him a lot this season as the ideal Dembele replacement, and Poch stated that we have "better lined up" in the summer after not going for Barkley. I know 1+1 doesnt = 3, but I like to have a little prediction now and then when a few rumours seem to connect.

I looked him up (thought he was still at Inter) and according to Wikipedia Valencia is loaning him with an option to buy, so I’m not sure where that leaves Spurs, yet I can see that he’d be a player Poch would be keen on signing.

So CCV has been recalled and supposedly we're close to signing Ben Wilmot from Stevenage. There seems to be some typical agent douchebagery going on from Toby's agent who has apparently been talking to Man Utd. Man Utd have enquired about Toby but we told them where to stick it but since the last contract talks haven't gone well his agent is either engineering a move or is forcefully trying to get Levy to change his stance. Man Utd are ready to bid around the £65m mark for him but we won't accept anything less than £75m if Toby does force a move. Even then, nothing will happen this month. We all know how the WC can add another £10m on to a players value and honestly, I think we're preparing for life without Toby.

142 million gives them the real opportunity to read in the paper who everyone else are after ,then declare their own interest and pay over the top for him

I keep reading the ebay at the end of the thread and think its a post!

...its a worry we seem completely at sea. On the plus side - we are not getting the usual reports of 'so and so' is leaving. The existing squad seem pretty settled.

So strange, after hanging out with a few people with historical attachments to Team America, I was pretty damned confident the Sessegnon brothers were Spurs bound.

Then the chairman comes out and says Ryan is not leaving in the January window as he is important to their run for promotion.

Hmmm.....

Matic - 16/1/2018 12:00

So CCV has been recalled and supposedly we're close to signing Ben Wilmot from Stevenage. There seems to be some typical agent douchebagery going on from Toby's agent who has apparently been talking to Man Utd. Man Utd have enquired about Toby but we told them where to stick it but since the last contract talks haven't gone well his agent is either engineering a move or is forcefully trying to get Levy to change his stance. Man Utd are ready to bid around the £65m mark for him but we won't accept anything less than £75m if Toby does force a move. Even then, nothing will happen this month. We all know how the WC can add another £10m on to a players value and honestly, I think we're preparing for life without Toby.

Even if Toby signs a new contract, which apparently he is going to, this scenario could still play out.

80deg16minW - 24/1/2018 12:12

If you read the recent Deloitte Football report you would see that our revenues are up almost £100,000,000. £77,800,000 of that is due to CL football.

There might be a chance we spend some money.

Well you'd bloody hope so! I don't get the feeling it will be seen like that at the top of the food chain though. January always seems to be a month they'd rather didn't exist.

Spursex - 13/12/2017 18:58

As tonight shows yet again, you can't play Dembo two game sin a row still.

Barkley is a must, and by all accounts, playing within 30 days is a real possibility.

Weirdly I have just got off the phone to someone, normally in the know when he actually 'imparts knowledge'...who said the same thing, well actually up and running easily before the end of January, were his exact words....

I think he would be a massive asset and I hope we go out and get him ASAP

xvausch - 11/1/2018 08:04

So strange, after hanging out with a few people with historical attachments to Team America, I was pretty damned confident the Sessegnon brothers were Spurs bound.

Then the chairman comes out and says Ryan is not leaving in the January window as he is important to their run for promotion.

Hmmm.....

It is a common chairman technique for getting more money though. By saying the player isn't for sale and that the player is too important to them it is also saying "only a special bid will work".

It's all a big game of bluff. Although, I would be massively surprised if we bought him now anyway. Unless we sell Rose for the price we want.

I'd rather Keep Toby for another year and lose out on the money, unless ManU are willing to throw Martial/Rashford as part of the deal.

We should not sell to PL rivals, and another year will give Sanchez time to grow while we scout for another CB.

If Toby is set for a summer departure though, you'd hope the replacement would be signed now before the prices will soar once teams realise we have the cash. De Vrij is an excellent option.

Matic - 24/1/2018 15:05

80deg16minW - 24/1/2018 12:12

If you read the recent Deloitte Football report you would see that our revenues are up almost £100,000,000. £77,800,000 of that is due to CL football.

There might be a chance we spend some money.

Well you'd bloody hope so! I don't get the feeling it will be seen like that at the top of the food chain though. January always seems to be a month they'd rather didn't exist.

77.8 million minus bonus payments straight to debt reduction would be added to ENIC's valuation...minus taxes if any.

Taricco the yid - 6/1/2018 17:03

Countinho to barca for 142m. Suprised they have let him go before the summer but that is big money

Levy will be crying himself to sleep tonight, Liverpool paid 8.5 mil for him , he paid 30 mil for Sissoko :19:

Toby did say recently that he would very much like to finish out his career playing beside Jan with both club and country.

Taricco the yid - 10/12/2017 20:08

Pollo - 10/12/2017 12:22

I remember the debates here about Charlie Austin.

He gets injured too often, but 5 million bought Southampton last season 6 goals & 1 assist in 940 minutes , and today he banged his 5th of the season in 315 minutes. The guy is a goal machine.

Now compare that to Janssen & Soldado mark II who cost us a combined 29 million.

You could not go wrong with 5m for a PL scorer. Shame the club had other ideas.

We have a policy of not buying anyone we can't get insured. Given how much he was and how much we waste in fees and wages anyway, always thought this policy should have been reviewed...

As Spurs fans, clearly all we want is Rose to stay and us to sign Sessegnon as well. With Davies on the books that would be a great trio of LB's. That being said, you have to wonder whether we'll end up with either Rose or Sessegnon for next season once the big money starts to be offered.

I still think there is a deal for Sessegnon to be had but only if he is loaned back to Fulham for the promotion push. Part of me would be willing to let Rose leave now for big money on the basis we got Shaw on loan for the rest of the season and an agreement in place for a permanent deal in the summer.

If we can't have Rose and Sessegnon on the books, then Shaw and Sessegnon is the next best thing knowing that Davies is always dependable.

Watching JD's two goals - can't help but feel that having him sit on the bench might have been a better idea too..