Summer 2013 | Page 5 | Vital Football

Summer 2013

If we really want this guy--and his numbers look very good--we should be able to beat £1.7m. You cannot get a good striker for less than £2 million. We paid that much for Stokes, I think. Offering half of £1.7m is just stupid.

I'm not convinced it's true......we knew how much they wanted so unless we were looking to offload a player to them as well as half of that £1.7m then I think it's crap! We wouldn't be that stupid, they would never accept so little. Initially it was said we had agreed a 2 or 2.2 million deal......

I don't think Russell will be coming here, maybe in a few years we will go for him again if he does quite well at Derby.

Tonev is another strange one, he desperately wants to play CL or at least European football, we are the only club in for him that can offer him that.......

We go through this bollocks every year. The club almost never signs a big important target early in the window. Lawwell like brinksmanship and takes things to the edge to make sure he doesn't overpay or undersell. This has cost us players in the past but works more often than not.

However, this season I would like to see important business done early in the window. Balde is just that. We have CL qualifiers coming up. Sure, Hooper will likely be here but if a big club is in talks his head may not be in the game. It would be great to get good froward in, let him practice with the established players and get a feel for things and head straight into European competition.

Hello bhoys :emoticon:07 I'm gonna make a conscious effort to try and post more here. Wrong thread I know but how's life?

On topic, Balde.... could be a good omen. Never heard of him until now but he scored what? 9 goals in a vastly superior league than the SPL so he should bang them in here but lets hope he doesn't fail like some of the other strikers we brought in.

Balde has apparently said hes a different style to hooper,and hopes to partner Gary next year. He said his style is more like Emmanuel adebayor.

Onto hooper,he will leave IMO. Rumours that stoke consider using Walters as bait for hooper. Steve Bruce hoping hull will come back from with an improved bid for hooper. Celtic will hope for a bidding war with qpr,Sunderland,reading monitoring the situation. I think celtic holding out for the 6m they got offered in January from Norwich.

I heard Hull upped it to £6m but we are holding out for about £7.5m........

I think he'll go if we get the right offer, simple as that!

now Southampton is in. I think Hooper will go and it will be up to Stokes, Sammy and Balde to step up.

id sell hooper for 6m+ and wanyama for 14m + think we may keep wanyama but sell hooper. this new dutch guy sounds decent. and heard besikitas want ambrose for 4m which id take straight away

Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino is set for a triple snub with THREE
high-profile players set to reject the club.

The ambitious Saints chief is keen on talented Cagliari midfielder Radja Nainggolan, powerful Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama and Roma striker Pablo Osvaldo.

But Nainggolan, chased by a string of bigger clubs, maintains he would only move to Southampton as a last resort.

He said: "My priority is looking for a brighter future for my career and Southampton is my last choice.

"Southampton gave me the biggest offer at the moment among the other clubs
but I don't play football for money."

Wanyama, 21, is understood to have rejected an offer on the table from Southampton after confirming the Scottish champions had agreed a £12.5million deal for him.

Rome striker Osvaldo - a one-time target for Fulham and Spurs - is also set to snub a move to Southampton.

The Argentine-born Italy marksman wants to stay in Serie A or move to Spain this summer after being told he can leave.

Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino worked with Osvaldo during his spell at Espanyol but has so far failed to persuade the 27-year-old star to move to the Premier League.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-transfer-news-southampton-suffer-1984923#ixzz2X4tilaNw
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Celtic lost 3-2 to Crewe today in a bounce game. Commons scored twice. Balde and watt started up front. Vvd started alongside the boy on trial from wolves

I didn't even know we'd had a bounce game organised with Crewe.

Not bad to get the win but losing two goals to Crewe is not too good. Only a bounce game and I imagine there were perhaps a good few youngsters in the team?

Glad to see some bhoys back here posting. We actually lost the match, Wee Od. I read that Lenny had no CBs so maybe Marcus Fraser and some other youths got some action. Ambrose and Wanyama were out. Rogne was gone so choices were few.

Yeah I realised my mistake when I read it in an article in a paper talking about Mouyokolo. My bad! That's quite poor then!

Fraser is injured, likely to be out for about 6 months and then another 6 months rehab probably.

I read that the Crewe manager is hoping for a link-up between the clubs. I think that would be a very, very good idea. Crewe have a very impressive track record of providing a breeding ground for young players.

I think players like the Twardzik twins would benefit from 6 months or a season down there. Patrik is yet to break into the first team so could do with the experience while Filip was injured last season and needs games to get back to form and fitness to push for the first team again.

Hull looking close to signing Charlie Austin. Therefore dropping interest in hooper. Norwich might get him by paying half of what they offered in jan

Wanyamas future to be sorted out this week according to his father.

Good on you for staying loyal Bhoys. :emoticon:07
Thanks for continuing to use the forum while I'm trying to keep front page up to date.

Did you know you can now comment on front page articles using Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn accounts? Hopefully might make interaction a little easier. :emoticon:42

Thanks again.

welch47 - 3/7/2013 16:17

What are the odds that we keep Hooper?

Given the clubs after him would you leave? What is he ever going to win with any of them?

Looks like with have signed the trialist from wolves on a one year deal. He's had his injury problems but a one year deal is a safe option to undertake.
Signing another centre half cover further enhances my belief that lennon will deploy 3-5-2 in some games.

Southampton looking clear favourites to sign big victor. Cardiff pulling out after their latest offer has been rebuffed. Southampton manager being quoted yesterday he's confident off getting the deal over the line.

Q.p.r now favourites to sign Gary hooper. A 5 million deal plus add ons believed to be enough to suit all party's. But can harry convince hooper to drop into the championship.

Rumours continue to circulate that Celtic are in for Barry bannan. Barry has a year left on his contract and is a huge celtic fan.
And Celtic also being linked to mcclean from sunderland. Lennons keen on adding a left sided player but would mcclean,who dicanio is looking to move on fit the bill!

Latest twitter rumour is there's interest in turkey from ambrose

Latest Celtic News