Summer 2013 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Summer 2013

I think Tonev is best described as an attacker.......lol. He is generally considered a winger but I believe he has and can effectively play up front as a striker or in behind the striker/s.

Lennon has suggested that the funds are available that if a player is going to cost £4m to bring in but will fit in with the current wage structure and would still make us money when we sell him on....they will look to go and do that deal.

I have absolutely NO idea who that player might be but it's interesting to hear. He also mentioned that sort of player wouldn't be a young player we want to develop, it would be someone to come in and strengthen the team straight away.

Hooper could be staying.....Wanyama has today come out and said that he is happy to stay and talks over his new contract have started up again.

Whether both players will sign new contracts that have a minimum buy-out clause is yet to be seen but that would be my gut feeling! They may sign with a view to moving on but getting the club more money!

Other rumour is that we may be interested in George Boyd who is available for free from Peterbrough after his loan spell at Hull is over at the end of the season. Hull are very interested in signing him but we wouldn't have to pay a fee for him so could give him more money and we can offer him CL football.....

Personally I'm not much of a fan and he's certainly not one for the CL as I don't think he's of that level!

The comment from Victor was surprising and also very welcome. I'm not convinced Hooper will stay. It depends how far up the table his offers are. Will he want to play in the Champions League or play for a low- to mid-level EPL team. If someone like Liverpool comes knocking, he will go.

Lennon says that we will be looking for the next Lubo Moravcik.

He wants someone with creativity and flair to spark the team. He feels that since Ki left, we didn't have time to replace him and he was the closest thing we had to Lubo. That is the target for this summer.

Lennon also said he expects 5 or 6 to leave this summer and would like to bring in 4 or 5.

Thinking of who they might be and I think he must be including on loan players, I think those moving on might be:
Bangura
Murphy
Miku
the other 1 or 2 are probably from Gershon, Paddy, Toshney

Those are the ones we are likely to let go without much fuss.....others we could still lose include Hooper, Wanyama, Forster, Wilson, Rogne, Kayal, Ledley......

Reports suggest Southampton are considering an audacious move to try and sign three of our players.......Wanyama, Hooper and Forster! Apparently Southampton's assistant manager was in Scotland to watch the game on Sunday.

Wanyama claims he is happy and wants to stay, Hooper may yet stay and who knows about Forster! The report claims that the value of all 3 players would be in the region of £20m. £8m a piece for Hooper and Wanyama and £4m for Forster.

Other clubs are interested and so they will face a battle but if the players don't see Southampton as a good move for them then that will be another battle!

That would be a big deal. I don't see the club selling all three and i'm not sure any of them would want to go to Southampton. Sure the club has stormed back and will stay up. But for how long?

I dunno welch.....I think Southampton are looking in a good position! Being well managed now, as long as they keep a strong team together they will do well!

Norwich are apparently unwilling to pay as much for Hooper as they were bidding in January.....in which case it looks as though they will have no chance of landing him!

Reports suggesting we are looking at Fiorentina striker/attacking midfielder Adem Ljajic. Serbian international, 21 years old, 8 goals and 6 assists in 26 games. Of those 26 games, he started 19 and only finished 2 of those games. Immediately I would question his fitness levels, however he is still young.
Only 1 year left on his contract, his value on transfermarkt is around £6.5m......could this be the £4m signing we are looking at?

Do you see Southampton competing with even Everton and the like for upper middle of the table? I doubt it.

I dunno welch, with some strengthening to the team in key areas....they are capable! Good squad there and it seems a good manager now and they've had some very good results this season, showing they can compete with the big boys!

Anyway.....it's all rumour and the chances of all 3 going to one club are extremely remote!

Do you remember we talked on here before that most of us all felt we could do with a new Chris Sutton type striker? Well I've been watching this big Danish lad for a couple of years and he looks to be turning into a very good player and he definitely reminds me of Sutton! Would give us a different option up front as well! Have a look.

[youtube=R_svojPkPms]

13 goals and 4 assists in 26 league games this season.

Apparently had a scout watching him again at the weekend. Looks like it will be a good move if we can get him!

Steven Mouyokolo, 26 year old French defender formerly of Hull, Wolves and Sochaux is on trial with us at the moment. His time in England was hampered by injury including a cruciate ligament injury. I believe, had it not been for that injury he was expected to be a good player. He is perhaps going to be a late bloomer. He's a CB and around 6"3 tall but lanky, he's not big built.

No footage of him unfortunately.

That sounds half-assed. I think we need to lay out cash for a big, commanding center back. We never really replaced big Bobo.

There is no fucking way Hooper will go to QPR. If he leaves Celtic and the Europesan stage, it would be for an EPL team that is at least as good as, say, Swansea or Fulham. Why would he go back to the Championship?

Harry Redknapp :emoticon:03

What a jackass he is.

Haha! That is funny! Hooper has more chance of breaking into the England squad if he stays here, plays and scores in Europe rather than plays for QPR in the Championship! Just look at players like Charlie Austin, he has bagged about 24 goals or so this season but is still nowhere near an England call-up.

Apparently Leicester think they can tempt Lennon down to manage their club next season after they once again failed to win promotion despite spending a bit of money! REALLY??? NO CHANCE!!!! Yes he's a bit of a legend at the club but not as much as he is here and here he gets to coach in the Champions League!

Had a look for the big strong CB that we perhaps still need to strengthen the team with.

The one I would say is most suitable is probably Nicolas Isimat-Marin. He's a 21 year old , France U21 international who plays for Valenciennes in Ligue 1. There were rumours that 4 EPL clubs ere after him in January and the likelihood was that he would be signed and then loaned back. Newcastle have been busy in the French market and were one of the teams mentioned, along with Fulham, West Ham and Liverpool. So far, no deal has been done!
He's a big, strong, 6ft 2 CB who was playing for Rennes before moving to his current club where he started off in the reserves before being promoted to the first team in 09-10. Only 1 year left on his contract but would still cost £3-4m.

[youtube=Lhy5q5OU_Hc]

Might not be his best video but it is him against a VERY good PSG team and he deals with Ibrahimovic quite easily.

Another option might be Jeffrey Bruma. 21 year old Dutch U21 international on loan from Chelsea at Hamburg but I think due to a couple of injuries or maybe some other reason, Hamburg are not taking their option to buy him. I don't think he will be wanted at Chelsea so could be available. He's around 6"1 or 2 and well built. Priced at around £2.6m but his contract expires in a year so could get him for anywhere between £1m and £2m. When he's been fit, he's been very good from the looks of things. He's talking about looking back to going back to Chelsea where he has made a few appearances but couldn't hold down a regular spot at Hamburg. I think with a decent offer and give him the chance of European football, we could easily tempt him away.

[youtube=EwMWrbPh6fQ]

They both might be young but decent experience in good quality leagues. The next is a bit more experienced but not playing with one of the top clubs in France. Lamine Kone is a 24 year old French born CB (who has also played at RB) and is now representing Ivory Coast; although not currently in the team, I don't think a VISA would be a problem because he was born in France. He plays for Lorient in Ligue 1. He's a similar player to the other two, all are good footballers with pace and strength. Kone only has 1 year left on his deal and is valued around £1.8m so an offer of £1m-£1.5m should do it.

[youtube=1jJZT1nmW78]

Paddy's leaving!!!!!!!

His contract expires after the cup final and although they are set for talks on a new contract, it is widely believed he will take the option of moving to England or even to the US.

Thanks for 5 years of warming the bench/treatment table.......and of course a few moments of genius!

FAREWELL DERRY PELE!!!!

Latest Celtic News