Summer 2013 | Page 17 | Vital Football

Summer 2013

Always did get the Twardzik's mixed up, another brother is a goalie if I'm not mistaken...a plague of Twardzik's :emoticon:10

wishaw bhoy - 3/9/2013 22:02

:emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:19 Jeezo ,, the huns will be turning in their graves ..... :emoticon:05 :emoticon:05 :emoticon:05

:emoticon:19 :emoticon:59

Correct. We have the twins and their older brother was at Aberdeen but I think he has now signed with Dundee or someone like that. Not sure if he's much good but can't be that bad if he made it to the Bayern Munich B team......anyway, what matters is our two of the brothers.......still hoping Filip makes it back from injury and gets himself into the team, Patrik I've about run out of hope for!

I agree with Welch's assessment of the summer window - management chose to sit back and use last year's positive CL memories instead of investing another 5-10 million in this squad to improve our chances. We're playing for third in this group and the only good news is that Ajax seems to have taken the same approach since they've moved two starters and will be plugging in untested players.

I don't think it's the worst strategy, since finishing ahead of Milan or Barca even with another 20-30 million would still be a major stretch. We'll win the league, one of the two cups, and hopefully play European football past Christmas.

Well, if they are kicking back--and they are--we better win two domestic cups, the league and get far along in the Europa League. If we do well in Europe and survive into January, they better spend some cash in the window, though everything is overpriced in January.

January windows are even more bollocks than the summer ones and only an injury pile up will see us doing any worthwhile business imo .

That would certainly be nice to see money spent in January, even if it means paying 10% extra. Getting another player or two mid-season would allow them to become part of the team in plenty of time for next summer when we will have to go through another three rounds of the only competition that will really matter in perhaps our final Hun-less year.

A long run in Europe makes a treble tough as Lenny will prioritize that action over cup games. That always leaves us vulnerable. That's why we needed one more forward so we don't have to have Stokes and (presumably) Pukki playing 50 games this year.

What we've had to endure since the SC final can never be underestated and by my reckoning will stand us in good stead going forward ,, NL stated that the pressure of qualifying for the CL was all consuming but also declared that the pressure lifted through achieving that objective will stand us in good stead now it's gone ,, sanwiched in between that we won our first domestic game ,, put out a very strong side at Pittodrie and won ,, played an ICT team worthy of their top spot and clawed back a draw then exited Tannadice having once again claimed maximum points .... given that we had lost three first team starters and were trying to bed in new players under duress it really speaks volumes for our resolve and when you look at how our associations other representetives fared then we can gain a perspective of our achievements thus far ..... we are making big strides and with a bit of luck will manage to negotiate and function well on both fronts .... a domestic treble is a realistic proposition and our CL exploits are effectively elevating us to a level of performance that is beyond our domestic challengers reach .

What a wonderful wonderful day for Stan and his charities and once again the Celtic support confirmed their reputation as the best in the business ,, where else in the world would you see 60,000 turn out for a charity match ? life can deal some very cruel blows at times but being connected to Celtic always ensures that no matter what ...... you will always have the weight , love and support of the Celtic family to watch your back ............ proud of everyone connected to and involved today ......YNWA STAN :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:55

I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!

SO glad I got tickets, it was sensational!

To see my boyhood heroes line-up in the hoops was great! I never got to see them play when I was young, only ever on the tv, so for me it was even more special! I can die happy knowing that I've seen the King of Kings play!

I'll post more about the game later but it really was exceptional there today!

Tears were blinding me watching it mate but they were tears of unbridled pride & joy ...... days like this just serve to remind us that we are part of something very very special indeed ........ :emoticon:55

There was 7 of us all went through for the game. My cousin's partner who has only recently moved over from Dublin came along and he's not been that in to football, especially not Scottish football but it seems he was quite amazed by the stadium and the fans.
My uncle came along as well, he's a Hibby but he admitted afterwards as well that it really is quite an unbelievable stadium compared to just about anything else! He also felt Henrik really did look another class compared to many on the pitch!

Lubo and Henke have both still got the skill and ability and that shows just how classy they were as players!!

We need to find us another Lubo, Naka was the closest we had to him and we've had nobody even close since Naka left!

I tell you another thing, that Celtic team that started the game may all be old and retired, but they showed just how good you can play and how much space you can make on a pitch which would put many teams nowadays to shame!

Glad to hear your family had a great day and CP experience.

Paradise has always been a special, special place and even the worlds best players are completely blown away after sampling it.

Lubo was Zidane's idol, which tells you everything. Just wish we'd signed him sooner.

Living in the States, I have yet to visit Celtic Park. I watched highlights from the testimonial and it was amazing - I used the footage to convince my wife that our next family vacation has to include Glasgow to attend a Celtic game - she's finally convinced. I might make it this spring, or might wait until August in an attempt to catch a CL qualifying game.

A question for those of you lucky enough to attend games regularly:

How available and at what cost would tickets be to a game like Ajax? Would they be available at any price against Barca or Milan?

I don't get to go often unfortunately but CL tickets will not be easy to get, not even Ajax tickets!

One little warning as well though.....the Commonwealth Games are on in Glasgow next year, Celtic Park is being used as a venue, so the qualifiers would clash. Instead of Celtic Park, we may be moving some, if not all of our qualifiers to Edinburgh and playing at the national rugby stadium, Murrayfield. Murrayfield is a slightly bigger stadium and you can get a pretty good atmosphere in there as well. That could make it slightly easier to get tickets as some might not be able to travel through, alternatively there could be many more Edinburgh based fans (like me) who try and get some tickets.

For the actual group games, we will be back at CP and tickets will be scarce unless we somehow moved into pot 3 next year and then get some minnow from pot 4 in our group.....unlikely.
Price wise, I'm not sure but probably about £40 or something.

Latest Celtic News