Suella Braverman (n/g) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Suella Braverman (n/g)

Unfunded tax cuts scaring the markets too, as was just reasoned now on the radio.
She was voted in by tory MPs and party to carry out policies she announced.
She announces stated policies and virtually overnight somehow she gets voted out by same people.
The people with real power just flexed their muscles.

Read the memoirs of harold wilson to see what they tried to do and actually did to him.

I may be wrong and the people and parliament are all powerful and throughout history there has never been a run on money for political purposes or gain.

The Mail and Express clearly lap it up so maybe she's on a retainer for every front page she can dominate and take away from Sunak, who they hate. For most others she is like a huge, fast growing boil on the backside of the Tory party and nervous Conservatives are now edging away from the pus 'splash zone' for when it finally bursts.

Am I missing something with this story?

On the back of the police saying that they can not stop the Pro Palestine march, she throws a strop and says the police favour, and are softer on, left wing marches than right wing marches.

What makes the Pro Palestine march a left wing march?

Is she saying her party, and therefore the government, is anti-Palestine and has taken a side?

If so, after accusing Labour and Corbyn of being anti semitic, there is no doubt that the Tories are even more Islamophobic.

Vile and genuinely dangerous person.

I think she will genuinely be pleased if it "kicks off" tomorrow. Shocking.

Grossly irresponsible to deliberately stir up trouble, to do it as Home Secretary is incredible.

Thatcher and her Cabinet were a golden age compared to this self serving shambles of a "Government".

Johnson finally has a rival as the person who will do and say anything to become Tory leader.

Biggest irony is calling other people "haters".

Vile and genuinely dangerous person.

I think she will genuinely be pleased if it "kicks off" tomorrow. Shocking.

Grossly irresponsible to deliberately stir up trouble, to do it as Home Secretary is incredible.

Thatcher and her Cabinet were a golden age compared to this self serving shambles of a "Government".

Johnson finally has a rival as the person who will do and say anything to become Tory leader.

Biggest irony is calling other people "haters".
The most terrifying thing for me is she is the police's representative in parliament..Bit like the health secretary saying doctors are killing patients.

Not really because if there is no violence it will be in spite of her incendiary rhetoric and if there is any it'll be because she has whipped up a load more hatred.
Well, if she ca't be proved right, at least she can be proved wrong. Hopefully that will be the case!

Chap on the BBC did a twenty to the dozen analysis of every possible motive for Braverman doing this -positioning and all that. On the basis that nothing which she might be said to chasing was remotely worth the hugely powerful position she currently held, he concluded that she actually believed what she said and acting on that. Now that is worrying.

Chap on the BBC did a twenty to the dozen analysis of every possible motive for Braverman doing this -positioning and all that. On the basis that nothing which she might be said to chasing was remotely worth the hugely powerful position she currently held, he concluded that she actually believed what she said and acting on that. Now that is worrying.

On further thought, I'd agree.

I think she's in a win win situation for her.

She gets to spout this bile that she believes, and it's either tacitly approved by the PM, which is a win for her.

Or she gets sacked, Rishi gets a vote of no confidence, and she stands for the leadership election, which is a win for her.

On further thought, I'd agree.

I think she's in a win win situation for her.

She gets to spout this bile that she believes, and it's either tacitly approved by the PM, which is a win for her.

Or she gets sacked, Rishi gets a vote of no confidence, and she stands for the leadership election, which is a win for her.

Exactly. This is what I was alluding to in the OP.

I reckon the tories are trying to create a record of non-elected PMs. How mamy since 2016...4?
No PMs are elected by the public under our system.

The vote is for the party that gets most seats and the PM is always the current leader (elected from within their own party members) of the majority party.

The media etc do like to pretend otherwise just as they pretend we do not have a 'written' constitution just because its not on a single document.