Students Only: Live football and a FREE DRINK | Page 2 | Vital Football

Students Only: Live football and a FREE DRINK

Luke Imp - 30/10/2015 10:23

And presumably this will be plastered all over Lincoln Uni/Bishop Grot?

Do students have Uni email addresses? Must be easy to ping an email to everyone.

Plastered might be what they end up being....

Jamesimp - 30/10/2015 13:12

Steve O'Dare - 30/10/2015 11:41

Jamesimp - 30/10/2015 11:32

SIMJON - 30/10/2015 10:10

Why don't they do it for IT people too?

Why don't they do anything like this for the existing ST Holders? Why don't they say pre-season that if you get a ST we will let you in the friendlies cut price or free? That way maybe they will sell more ST's?
Existing season ticket holders do get a reduction on the cost of a pint at the club. Just show your season ticket.

Where did I mention wanting a pint? Be nice if I could get in for £6!
£6 is the early bird price for a student. £7 on the gate. So really the only thing that they get out of this is a free pint. That was my point! So if they just gave you a free pint with your season ticket then they would be matching what they are doing now. :glug:

Steve O'Dare - 30/10/2015 15:51

Jamesimp - 30/10/2015 13:12

Steve O'Dare - 30/10/2015 11:41

Jamesimp - 30/10/2015 11:32

SIMJON - 30/10/2015 10:10

Why don't they do it for IT people too?

Why don't they do anything like this for the existing ST Holders? Why don't they say pre-season that if you get a ST we will let you in the friendlies cut price or free? That way maybe they will sell more ST's?
Existing season ticket holders do get a reduction on the cost of a pint at the club. Just show your season ticket.

Where did I mention wanting a pint? Be nice if I could get in for £6!
£6 is the early bird price for a student. £7 on the gate. So really the only thing that they get out of this is a free pint. That was my point! So if they just gave you a free pint with your season ticket then they would be matching what they are doing now. :glug:

Oh ok, fair enough :gent:

Not really sure I understand peoples' gripes with this. The club are trying to get more folk in at a time when the team are doing well, so hopefully they'll come back to watch more games. Yes the tickets are cheap - that's the point, to entice. It's not taking money out of your pocket and (provided we don't lose money in selling the tickets, which we can't) benefits the club. Also it says 3 fixtures - so not on all the time. More paying customers coming through the turnstiles is all good in my book.

Not cheaper than normal, though.

It's £6 for student early bird anyway, just a free pint included.

Luke Imp - 31/10/2015 12:11

Not cheaper than normal, though.

It's £6 for student early bird anyway, just a free pint included.
:clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

I think its a great idea will get more bums on seats extra revenue.
My wife is now going used her BGU card when she normally would not.

I am a season ticket holder, but say an extra 50 turn up because of this offer that another £3000 in the club coffers. No problem with that.

A club is for life

Bloodaxe - 31/10/2015 12:25

I am a season ticket holder, but say an extra 50 turn up because of this offer that another £3000 in the club coffers. No problem with that.

A club is for life

I agree, as long as they're not all claiming their free pint when I'm in the queue at the bar! ;)

A club is for life

£300, surely?

NottyImp - 31/10/2015 12:33

A club is for life

£300, surely?

Your right of course, had a senior moment :he he:

A club is for life

Rob the Imp - 30/10/2015 23:48

Not really sure I understand peoples' gripes with this. The club are trying to get more folk in at a time when the team are doing well, so hopefully they'll come back to watch more games. Yes the tickets are cheap - that's the point, to entice. It's not taking money out of your pocket and (provided we don't lose money in selling the tickets, which we can't) benefits the club. Also it says 3 fixtures - so not on all the time. More paying customers coming through the turnstiles is all good in my book.

Rob let me explain my gripe. I have held a season ticket for several seasons, the cost has never gone down, we had various increases if you take into account all the on-off charges for the now defunkt trust. I've e-mailed the club in June suggesting they do something to help ST holders and maybe get more fans from MATCH 1 until the end of the season, I never got any acknowledgement or reply. I reckon we're paying more than the people in the family stand and twice as much as students, yet we pay up front when we have no idea how the team are going to do, the benefits are now all but non existant. I like most people would love to see the club suceed but I like most people am a bit skint.

Jamesimp - 31/10/2015 14:34

Rob let me explain my gripe. I have held a season ticket for several seasons, the cost has never gone down, we had various increases if you take into account all the on-off charges for the now defunkt trust. I've e-mailed the club in June suggesting they do something to help ST holders and maybe get more fans from MATCH 1 until the end of the season, I never got any acknowledgement or reply. I reckon we're paying more than the people in the family stand and twice as much as students, yet we pay up front when we have no idea how the team are going to do, the benefits are now all but non existant. I like most people would love to see the club suceed but I like most people am a bit skint.

The Trust is not "defunkt". It's not even "defunct".

I thought there were quite a few benefits that go with being a season-ticket holder. A Fans Forum exclusive to them, for example. I suppose you've always got the option of not renewing if you're not satisfied.

Michael Foley - 31/10/2015 15:13

I thought there were quite a few benefits that go with being a season-ticket holder. A Fans Forum exclusive to them, for example. I suppose you've always got the option of not renewing if you're not satisfied.

Firstly anyone could of gone to the fans forum, nobody asked for any proof of having a ST, secondly you neglected to mention the oven chips n baps which you would of known about had you made any effort to support the club. Now we move onto the defunct trust (please excuse my earlier spelling), I was of course referring to the old trust, the new one has no doubt lost the best part of its backing/members by inviting you on board, no-one will want to create a trust which simply causes bitter in-fighting which your involvement will cause. Incidentally I'm sat in the co-op stand supporting my club as I have done for several seasons not on a yacht in France.

Jamesimp - 31/10/2015 15:55

Michael Foley - 31/10/2015 15:13

Firstly anyone could of gone to the fans forum, nobody asked for any proof of having a ST, secondly you neglected to mention the oven chips n baps which you would of known about had you made any effort to support the club. Now we move onto the defunct trust (please excuse my earlier spelling), I was of course referring to the old trust, the new one has no doubt lost the best part of its backing/members by inviting you on board, no-one will want to create a trust which simply causes bitter in-fighting which your involvement will cause. Incidentally I'm sat in the co-op stand supporting my club as I have done for several seasons not on a yacht in France.

Do I detect a slight note of envy along with the malice? Not Nice traits.

I cannot think of any good reason for anybody to be in any way envious of you MF. Me, I'm by no means rich, but I'm healthy and happy with many friends, that'll do me.

Well. I have to say that, with a crowd of just over 2500 the students didn't appear to flock to this game!

Yes I expected a bigger crowd without the students. Just over 2400 Lincoln fans is less than I'd hoped for.

Do we even know whether it's been advertised at the Uni? It was put on the Uni football Twitter page that I can see, but that was it.