Steve McClaren | Page 3 | Vital Football

Steve McClaren

Paul Kannell - 4/6/2015 13:52

ManxMag - 4/6/2015 13:31

banjo9 - 25/5/2015 21:03

We haven't had a decent manager since Bobby Robson so we are well due a top class managerial appointment. McLaren is a slight step up from Pardew, nothing more.

Not even sure I would allow him that Banjo. I reckon he's about a rung and a half down. He'll be a similar appointment though - no power, an irritating pain in the arse, a patsy, a singer from Mike's song-sheet, and a mediocre coach.

I reckon he's a better manager than Pardew and definitely easier to listen to. As others have said though it makes little difference as long as that fat ****'s at the helm.

Dunno about easier to listen to . His Geordie accent might interesting though.

Tbh, Marv was better than any of the midfielders we've had this season and certainly an improvement on Ameobi.

Do you think we would've been where we were last season if we had him, Mbiwa, Santon and Ben Arfa in the team?

Fuuk next season! Get ready for more of the pathetic flops to be given their
umteenth chance to come good (impossible in most cases) under the guise of 'everybody's got a clean slate'. I honestly believe that the likes of williamson, obertan and marveaux will not only still be here but likely starters again, and i kind of hope that i am right just to piss off all the dickheads that renew their SDU tickets. Add in that strolla mk2 will sign a new 1 year deal to keep his brothers seat warm in the physio room and that only 3 players come in that could go straight into the first 11. McClaren or carver will spout the usual bolloxs (that the sheep will swallow) about how everyone's pulling together to get this club going again.

You know what i hate most about ashley? It's not that he fails repeatedly to invest or even his lies but that he's made me despise something that used to give me enormous pleasure everytime we played, win or lose! Yes losing pissed me off but there was always the next game. Now i really only hope they lose and that's all his fault.
Sick of ashly, sick of all the lies and sick of football. #giveusbackourclub

Marveaux was never really given a fair shake . He seemed to be thrown on in games where we needed a goal. When he was picked he was a victim to Pardew's compulsion to play players out of position. So of course for an attacking/left midfielder it was the right wing. I remember though that in some games he played myself and others on here commented he could look lightweight for the english game and a little lazy.

Head coach Steve McClaren has said that the trip to the Liberty Stadium was a waste of a day as the Newcastle 'learned nothing' from the opening day draw......

Read more: http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/#ixzz3izdDZo00

Lazy and lightweight was the impression I got with Marveaux, as said above, undoubtedly a natural footballer though and would like to see him get a run for a few games in his preferred position, fitness permitting mind. So lazy, lightweight and injury prone, could be perfect for us.

Ameobi Jnr was playing 7 a side at Powerleague in Gateshead last night.

Having been playing on the court next to him,i feel like ive still got a shot at a pro career.You'd think on a smaller pitch his control & skills would come to the fore.
Nope he was about the 8th best player on the pitch.
Absolute dogshite of a pro.

I love the way Ashley has said that the appointment is the responsibility of the football board solely. The fat lying **** interviewed McClaren in Nottinghamshire personally in September 2014 which I posted on here at the time. As if he would leave the appointment of a manager to a little arsewipe like Lee Charnley.

Head coach Steve McClaren has said there are plenty of positives we can take from the draw against Manchester United this weekend and he believes we have given ourselves......

Read more: http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/#ixzz3jeoSnjOG

Officemonkey - 5/6/2015 11:58

Tbh, Marv was better than any of the midfielders we've had this season and certainly an improvement on Ameobi.

Do you think we would've been where we were last season if we had him, Mbiwa, Santon and Ben Arfa in the team?

I agree that Mbiwa, Santon and Ben Arfa would've made a significant impact last season but I always thought Marvellous Marv was always total shite.

Marveaux was/is utter dross. Just another one of Carrs Football Manager 2011 signings, he just didn't get lucky that time.

Obviously they learnt nothing knew. Everybody but the hierarchy has known the defence has been rubbish for years.

West Ham have made Stuart Downing available, and are currently offering the former Villa and Liverpool man around, but a Steve McClaren reunion with the winger isn't likely despite claims to the contrary.

Read more: http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=404065#ixzz3eXsgaZ2s