Steve Evans Requests Football Association Simulation Action | Page 6 | Vital Football

Steve Evans Requests Football Association Simulation Action

It was interesting to see in the Liverpool v Man City game today a similar incident to Friday nights...

Salah is another notorious diver. But all this showed was the difference in class young Brennan needs to bridge to be a world-class diver. Note how Salah didn't leap up into the air, therefore making the referee's decision much easier.

Work for the video analysis team I think
0.jpg

Dont give the ref a decision to make, simple.

That really isn't the point David.

If that's a penalty, which it probably is, then there's a penalty at every single corner.

Although at corners you may as well toss a coin because players from both sides are at it.

The point of this thread is about the deliberate faking of falls, and I see we've had plenty rationalising Brennan Johnson's actions.

Naturally, the very same people will be purple with rage the next time we have a penalty awarded against us for the very same thing.

But I'll remind them that our players shouldn't "give the ref a decision to make"

Dont give the ref a decision to make, simple.

What does this mean. The defender should not make a challenge is case the forward dives.

This is where football has got to - sadly.

How about award penalties when there is a foul and send off players that dive.

If both happen in the same incident, so what.

Taking intent out of the laws has been a massive mistake meaning all this rubbish about there being contact, justifies this sort of muddled thinking.

What does this mean. The defender should not make a challenge is case the forward dives.

This is where football has got to - sadly.

How about award penalties when there is a foul and send off players that dive.

If both happen in the same incident, so what.

Taking intent out of the laws has been a massive mistake meaning all this rubbish about there being contact, justifies this sort of muddled thinking.

Players should always make challenges (Legal ones). However in the case of Johnson on Friday, and Salah yesterday both times the defender grabbed the shirt. That is not a challenge, it is a foul. If the defender does not grab the shirt, there is no foul. I accept, that in both cases the grab was not massive, however the laws say it is an offence; Where do you draw the line ?

I also agree about punishment of offenders. If a player can be sent off for punching the ball off the line, then they should be for diving. I would take it a stage further that any benefit from a dive should be declared as reversed retrospectively. Ie if a team wins through a dive, the result is reversed and that player is banned for x amount of games. How to obliterate diving at a stroke.

Simple solution is to give a yellow card for exaggeration, wherever the action takes place on the pitch.

So a player who unnecessarily goes down like they have been shot, or makes an overstated dive, or fabricates multiple rolls is booked, even though they may get the freekick or penalty in their team's favour.

Simple solution is to give a yellow card for exaggeration, wherever the action takes place on the pitch.

So a player who unnecessarily goes down like they have been shot, or makes an overstated dive, or fabricates multiple rolls is booked, even though they may get the freekick or penalty in their team's favour.

I think that's not a bad solution, actually.

I think that's not a bad solution, actually.

Just another thing for managers and pundits to moan endlessly about while watching interminable slow motion replays and at the same bringing the ref's every decision into question by a bunch of people who when presented with the opportunity to ref would run a million miles from the responsibility..

Just another thing for managers and pundits to moan endlessly about while watching interminable slow motion replays and at the same bringing the ref's every decision into question by a bunch of people who when presented with the opportunity to ref would run a million miles from the responsibility..

Well, perhaps. I'd rather see a solution that works football-wise on the pitch, as it were, than worry about that, though. I generally don't listen/read much about football so I usually avoid those interminable whines in any case.

That really isn't the point David.

If that's a penalty, which it probably is, then there's a penalty at every single corner.

Although at corners you may as well toss a coin because players from both sides are at it.

The point of this thread is about the deliberate faking of falls, and I see we've had plenty rationalising Brennan Johnson's actions.

Naturally, the very same people will be purple with rage the next time we have a penalty awarded against us for the very same thing.

But I'll remind them that our players shouldn't "give the ref a decision to make"

I will be purple with rage if our defenders defend like Gillingham's did. The fact there was most probably no need to pull him back with other defenders between him and the goal would have had me fuming. It's just that simple as far as I'm concerned. One man's opinion.

for me you point out the difference.
simulation is trying to show something has happened, that actually hasn’t happened. in this case it means no foul has happened, but a player simulates a foul happening. (Not what Brennan/Salah did)

exaggeration would be where a foul has happened, and the ‘dive’ exaggerates the foul. (as with Brennan/Salah in this case)

i don’t think there is a separate rule for ‘exaggeration’, but imo there should be one. Then both cases are covered.

I expect someone will quote the fifa small print soon enough. )))

I expect someone will quote the fifa small print soon enough. )))
It's not FIFA small print, it's called the laws of football.

Why would anyone want to know the rules of the game they watch?

Law 12 Cautions for Unsporting Behaviour
if a player..."attempts to deceive the referee".

Why don't the referees use it?

It's not FIFA small print, it's called the laws of football.

Why would anyone want to know the rules of the game they watch?

Law 12 Cautions for Unsporting Behaviour
if a player..."attempts to deceive the referee".

Why don't the referees use it?
at the risk of repeating myself...
No one has deceived the referee, a foul was committed, the referee gave a foul.
deception would be if no foul was committed and a player attempted to convince the referee that a foul had been committed.
A rule covering exaggeration would be something different, and would cover this, but apparently doesn’t exist.