Steve Evans pre match bingo | Page 3 | Vital Football

Steve Evans pre match bingo

Little dig about our budget being double or treble theirs 🙄
After the game our budget had increased to 3 or 4 times theirs, making us one of the top few in the division. He managed to mention that somewhere in his almost non stop comments about the refs performance.

After the game our budget had increased to 3 or 4 times theirs, making us one of the top few in the division. He managed to mention that somewhere in his almost non stop comments about the refs performance.
He must be using their minuscule budget well then, don’t think we’d have been making 4 changes yesterday

Ironically it was Stevenage bringing on experience whilst our academy lads were nursing our bench. Done well Stevenage, but no way are they feeding from the dog bowl.

Evans has always claimed to have a small budget, designed cynically to make his coaching skills appear world class, as he has claimed them to be.

From 'The Comet' 26 May 2023

Phil Wallace (multi millionaire owner of Stevenage)

We'll go into the season with a much bigger budget than we've got this year and we will fund the club with additional money.

"We are looking to get above a mid-table budget next season but it will involve some investment and that will probably come from me into the club as equity, so it is not repayable, it’s not a debt.

"It’ll gives us a fighting chance next season so we think we'll be alright and we think we could surprise a few people.

"It'll be great to be in League One but I'd rather be at the top of League One thah at the bottom and I think we can."

I'm so pleased we've got two or three times their budget

From 'The Comet' 26 May 2023

Phil Wallace (multi millionaire owner of Stevenage)

We'll go into the season with a much bigger budget than we've got this year and we will fund the club with additional money.

"We are looking to get above a mid-table budget next season but it will involve some investment and that will probably come from me into the club as equity, so it is not repayable, it’s not a debt.

"It’ll gives us a fighting chance next season so we think we'll be alright and we think we could surprise a few people.

"It'll be great to be in League One but I'd rather be at the top of League One thah at the bottom and I think we can."

I'm so pleased we've got two or three times their budget
Heaven forbid. So could Steve Evans actually be not telling the truth