Steve Cooper | Page 2 | Vital Football

Steve Cooper

"There were never any qualms when it came to results. Cooper probably overachieved in that respect but the style of play was a recurring gripe..........

Swansea’s success, particularly in Cooper’s second season, was largely based on a strong defence and grinding out results. It was undoubtedly effective but it was not pretty or exciting to watch."

A strong defence and grinding out results is exactly what will get us out of this mess; anyone who thinks a new manager is going to come in and flick a switch and everything will be alright is misguided.

I have a feeling playing fancy football in league one next season will not be to everyone's liking.

But Haughton plays defensive football and tries to grind out results and we are bottom of the league!

John Percy
@JPercyTelegraph

·
1h

#nffc ready to open talks with Steve Cooper, after Chris Hughton is sacked following six defeats in seven matches. Forest hope to appoint Cooper before the weekend, with new CEO Dane Murphy leading the process
He has decent credentials so certainly wouldn’t be averse.

I wouldn’t mind Wilder either but my guess is they don’t want someone who will open their mouth the way he does.

Irony of that is the fact that Cooper walked over a lack of backing at Swansea so what will he make of us??

Btw, Absorb had a blinder for Sheff Utd at the weekend. Two goals in a 6-2 win.

Three assists from Billy Sharp as well.

Also, Brereton looks silkier since he became a South American. Still can't finish for shit though. Did get an assist though.