Steep prices Vs Steep Hill | Page 2 | Vital Football

Steep prices Vs Steep Hill

Maloney ball in full effect once again today. 90 mins played and 1 shot, with 0 on target. Absolutely shockingly awful for a home game against a bang average opponent.

Maloney needs to get out at the end of the season. Tactically inept!
Not sure he needs to go.....just needs to stop reigning them in.

Well that was shite I must say...I've seen more talent in a schoolboy match. Lang his usual garbage, Humps couldn't be arsed moving, Clare is the most careless respecter of possession I ever saw who continuously gives it away, Adeeko needs to know which way we are playing and Watts is a fuck up waiting to happen...apart from that it was a great game.

Two teams similar set ups just cancelled each other out. The game livened up a bit when McManaman and Wyke came on.

I said in earlier posts that there would be a time when Charlie Wyke's game would be the way to go and today was one of those days.

Humphrys was totally inept today as he barely got into the game and when he did get the ball he was so well marshalled he didn't have anywhere to go.

When Charlie came on he started to press their two central defenders and caused problems. It was the change in system to a more direct game that shifted the balance.

I am still baffled as to what the ref saw to cancel out Sze's goal and will have to look at the highlights but for me seeing it first hand the keeper simply spilled the ball under pressure.

Not the best game, but you've got to give credit to Lincoln's pressing. They worked their bollocks off all afternoon and gave us bugger all time and space. Thankfully, creatively, they were just as poor as us.

Up front, Jonny Smith showed why he's been nowhere near the first team so far, Humphrys seemed to generally struggle to get into the game, and when he did, his ball control let him down. Lang ran about a bit, but was more often than not too deep when he did anything meaningful with the ball. Jones stood out as the only one of the front 4 to show anything decent today.
Both Smith and Adeeko have had better games, the Watts and Morrison were OK but both made mistakes (though nowhere nearly as many as Clare), but only Hughes could be pleased with his performance today.

It was one of those days where you've got to earn the points ... we certainly deserved a draw, and I have no idea what the ref thought was wrong with the goal ... and we earned our point with a dogged if dour performance.

A comfortable position in the league, still in 2 cups, and of course some still aren't happy ... but then again, maybe they're just unhappy for life !

Going from Martial Godo to Jonny Smith is like dumping Mila Kunis for Susan Boyle, so it shouldn't be a surprise that we looked as threatening as a wet fish going forward. I suspect it may be a painful run of games over Christmas.

Well that was shite I must say...I've seen more talent in a schoolboy match. Lang his usual garbage, Humps couldn't be arsed moving, Clare is the most careless respecter of possession I ever saw who continuously gives it away, Adeeko needs to know which way we are playing and Watts is a fuck up waiting to happen...apart from that it was a great game.
I say that about Adeeko every time he plays, he has bags of skill, looks ever so comfortable when he has the ball, but by heck he does not know to play anywhere other than backwards, he is a serious talent in the making imo, but he needs to look the other way.

Did you go then, firestick broken is it?

Going from Martial Godo to Jonny Smith is like dumping Mila Kunis for Susan Boyle, so it shouldn't be a surprise that we looked as threatening as a wet fish going forward. I suspect it may be a painful run of games over Christmas.
At least Susan Boyle has some talent, Jonny Smith is devoid of any, surely we have a youngster in the u 11s you we could play instead of him.

At least Susan Boyle has some talent, Jonny Smith is devoid of any, surely we have a youngster in the u 11s you we could play instead of him.
FFS SCM, give the lad a chance. He was admittedly very poor today, but on wednesday, he was better, and did great to get on the end of Sze's pass for the first goal.

If he's picked for the next half dozen games, and hasn't progressed, then fair enough, write him off then, but he wasn't by himself today.

Bugger all wrong with the goal.

Just as I thought when I saw it live, the keeper comes for the ball and collides with Charlie, who is stood still, and spills the ball. I hope the referee has a good look back at that because he has just denied us three points with a shocking decision.

Just as I thought when I saw it live, the keeper comes for the ball and collides with Charlie, who is stood still, and spills the ball. I hope the referee has a good look back at that because he has just denied us three points with a shocking decision.
Nothing the ref can do now though only apologise.

We all make mistakes.

FFS SCM, give the lad a chance. He was admittedly very poor today, but on wednesday, he was better, and did great to get on the end of Sze's pass for the first goal.

If he's picked for the next half dozen games, and hasn't progressed, then fair enough, write him off then, but he wasn't by himself today.
He was crap on Wednesday moonay, like today he did nothing, he miss hit/scuffed his shot for his goal, that is the only reason it went in.