Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 86 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

Ridiculous level of pessimism on here. Target has always been 36 pts. Win just two of our next three, and take it to the last game. Oldham won their last 4 games to stay up against all the odds, we only need three.

We need you in the dressing room stenny

Ridiculous level of pessimism on here. Target has always been 36 pts. Win just two of our next three, and take it to the last game. Oldham won their last 4 games to stay up against all the odds, we only need three.
Ah that is the sort of optimism I was expecting, not like yours 57.
Didnt last long though did it stennyvilla.

People asking for big Sam, I'd give him Suso's role straight away so he can start building with Dean a squad that can compete at a premier league level ready for two seasons' time.

I don't want his style of football, but his experience and understanding of top level football as well as his proven track record at bringing excellent talents from overseas as well as developing british players would be huge in a sporting director role.

Interesting to see if Bournemouth and Norwich sack their highly-rated managers or they stick with them, especially Norwich who romped the championship with basically the same team , have now milked 135m and go again
I dont think there is any chance Norwich will sack their manager.
Why would they.

Neither will Bournemouth. Two excellent managers there who I believe are still very well respected by their fans and players.

yes but both have got their teams relegated and their fans will want them out it's the knee jerk to being relegated. Both are Championship clubs and Bournemouth, not even that.

Norwich chose to hardly spend so shouldn't be surprised they're going down, there's more of a justification for them to keep their manager. Bournemouth have badly under performed and have spent decent money over the years, Howe's job should be under threat somewhat.

yes but both have got their teams relegated and their fans will want them out it's the knee jerk to being relegated. Both are Championship clubs and Bournemouth, not even that.
I vaguely remember reading that there were a fair few rumblings of discontent with Howe, wouldn t be surprised if he left. If he did, would you take him?

I think it's fair to say we are relegated now. What are your thoughts on financial standings next year? There's a lot of talk about this season being a very bad time to get relegated, for obvious reasons - I just don't really understand the possible ramifications of it.

Also there was talk about a championship level wage cap being brought in. I can only see that as a bad idea - along with all other FFP.

Regardless of how keen our owners are, would they have the ability to put any money into the club, or are our hands completely tied?

I vaguely remember reading that there were a fair few rumblings of discontent with Howe, wouldn t be surprised if he left. If he did, would you take him?

He's not foreign and a big name, can you imagine the uproar on here not to mention twatter

He was touted as England manager before Southgate , for what he'd achieved at Bournemouth and his style of play so I don't know

People asking for big Sam, I'd give him Suso's role straight away so he can start building with Dean a squad that can compete at a premier league level ready for two seasons' time.

Bit late for Fat Sam now, the damage is done.

As you know I do not rate Smith and although I think he'd do okay in the Championship I've seen all the evidence I need that if he took us back up he'd be just as out of his depth as he has been all this season, so there is no point persevering with him.

Smith and Suso both need to go as they are jointly culpable for the terrible recruitment, and Smith is culpable for the lack of organisation, tactics and performances from the team.