Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 87 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

All over bar the shouting...... and there should be plenty of that after putting up with the shit we've suffered (once again) for most of the season.

Results today really have us pretty much down. Would really need us to win our last 4 games to have any chance of survival. Would be astonished if we got 4 goals never mind wins. Have a bad feeling we're going to struggle in the Championship next season.

Sorry for the pessimism, it just seems appropriate atm.

Hopefully next season we won't have suso or that slimeball Purslow and we ditch this director of football nonsense for someone who actually knows what it takes to play in England, not Spain or chuffin Belgium.

We, of course, won't although I think old Hezus will be on his bike as the scape goat for Purslow's fuck ups . Hopefully, Purslow will go as well after all he's only interested in his career and money, he'd be ideal involved with the PL top brass with his ego

Results today really have us pretty much down. Would really need us to win our last 4 games to have any chance of survival. Would be astonished if we got 4 goals never mind wins. Have a bad feeling we're going to struggle in the Championship next season.

Sorry for the pessimism, it just seems appropriate atm.
We will struggle with this manager for sure.

Talking of experience, not a coincidence that the two clubs with experienced managers are the ones who've dragged themselves towards safety. You'll remember that Pearson was the manager who dragged Leicester out of it before they went on to win the league with almost the same group of players a year later.

Before we even think about winning games we need to score a bloody goal. Cue Smith playing the scoring machine Davis up top on his own - absolutely clueless at this level.

Before we even think about scoring a goal, we need to shoot.

Before we even think about shooting, we need to supply the ball in challenging positions.

This list could go on for a long time!!!!

One thing I haven't seen mentioned on here yet is that West Ham and Watford have to play each other next Friday night, so they can't both win.

Of course, for that to be at all relevant we have to make tomorrow and Thursday count.

No, me neither.

When we got relegated in 2015-16 it was on the back of five seasons of decline and felt inevitable by Christmas. This year, it is more anger than resignation, as we had the elation of the play-off win followed by the optimism of all the new signings and a decent-ish start to the season. Yet since Christmas and a seriously-pathetic January transfer window the team has shown no cohesion, no attacking ability and most-significantly no fight. The only emotion possible from fans is anger. The two "stars" who we pinned our hopes on have epitomized this lack of fight, despite receiving unlimited adulation from the supporters. That makes me seriously angry.

I would be very very very very very shocked if we finished above 19th.
The calorie challenged? Slow metabolism person? Would look pretty if lost weight person who is a good singer but does charity work for people who are vocally challenged is on his/her/its third verse.

Despite my earlier post, and all the pessimism, it does remains a statistical fact that IF Villa win just 2 of their next 3 games, then on the final day we will be either be just 1 point adrift of either West Ham or Watford, or 2 points adrift of both (if they draw on Friday) PROVIDING they both lose their penultimate games. Watford's is home to Man City. West Ham's is away to Man Utd.

So there is a chance we can still go into the last game with all to play for. I do realise this all sounds like bollards given our recent record, but it really, really, really does mean we still have a match tomorrow which 100% counts. If we can manage that first win, we will be in with a fighting chance!!

One thing I haven't seen mentioned on here yet is that West Ham and Watford have to play each other next Friday night, so they can't both win.

Of course, for that to be at all relevant we have to make tomorrow and Thursday count.

No, me neither.

I was hoping West Ham win and are already safe by the last game. Watford have Man City at home and Arsenal away as their last 2 so will do well to get anything from those games. The biggest problem of course is that we need to pick up points ourselves to overtake them - I just can not see it happening unfortunately.

Despite my earlier post, and all the pessimism, it does remains a statistical fact that IF Villa win just 2 of their next 3 games, then on the final day we will be either be just 1 point adrift of either West Ham or Watford, or 2 points adrift of both (if they draw on Friday) PROVIDING they both lose their penultimate games. Watford's is home to Man City. West Ham's is away to Man Utd.

So there is a chance we can still go into the last game with all to play for. I do realise this all sounds like bollards given our recent record, but it really, really, really does mean we still have a match tomorrow which 100% counts. If we can manage that first win, we will be in with a fighting chance!!

West Ham would smash us if it came down to a last game decider.

Talking of experience, not a coincidence that the two clubs with experienced managers are the ones who've dragged themselves towards safety. You'll remember that Pearson was the manager who dragged Leicester out of it before they went on to win the league with almost the same group of players a year later.

To be fair, it could be argued that Pearson was the one who got them into it in the first place.

But there is a lesson there. When they were promoted he moved to a more cautious approach. Didn't work. Shipped goals and didn't score enough.

Then with relegation staring them in the face he want back to attack. It worked, remarkably well. Think he's a good manager. Would have taken him here in spite of the impression he's always on the verge of strangling someone.