Stay away from Spain | Page 2 | Vital Football

Stay away from Spain

I suspect you'll see the number of cases on the coasts going up in the coming week, apparently there are plenty of people from Madrid who are treating the time off work and school as a holiday and going to their apartments by the coast for a while.
I can confirm that there are more Madrilños around.

My daughter is living in Salobreña, just east of Malaga and has heard stories of Spain going into total lockdown (like Italy) pretty soon.
Can't find anything in the news. You heard anything?
I'm guessing my visit on 6th April is a non starter 😥
I've been corrected she's going to the Costa Blanca near Benidorm or planning to. Any updates would be welcome.

Off course I will try to update you with any updates/sit reps.
As Madrid said , Govt response tommorow.
On the ground , so to speak , my life is pretty basic tbh , I go from my village to the next village where I have some land and my man cave. I expect it's different for folk living in cities.

If you’re short of toilet paper over there I seem to remember Sticky Vicky having plenty of hankies tied together.

Couple of friends who were going to do the Saint James walk were just told it was cancelled. TBH much relief. They were elderly and ready to cancel.

Nationwide lockdown announced starting Monday for 2 weeks. Only allowed out to go to and from work, shops (food shops are the only ones open), doctor, to care for elderly relatives or children, and banks. Also for any other duly justified emergency situations. I assume taking the dog for a walk counts.

Only allowed out individually unless you're with someone who can't be left home on their own. So I can take the kids with me to walk the dog, but not my wife.

God knows how they're planning on enforcing that, mind.

Nationwide lockdown announced starting Monday for 2 weeks. Only allowed out to go to and from work, shops (food shops are the only ones open), doctor, to care for elderly relatives or children, and banks. Also for any other duly justified emergency situations. I assume taking the dog for a walk counts.

Only allowed out individually unless you're with someone who can't be left home on their own. So I can take the kids with me to walk the dog, but not my wife.

God knows how they're planning on enforcing that, mind.
Dog walkers in my village will have to avoid other dog walkers , no stopping to chat etc

One of my lady friends at work packed it in last week, her and her fella are moving to Spain. They left the UK the day before yesterday (Friday) Her latest update yesterday evening said that they were stopping over in France last night, but she'd heard that Spanish border patrol were turning people back at the Spanish border. Don't know how true that is.

One of my lady friends at work packed it in last week, her and her fella are moving to Spain. They left the UK the day before yesterday (Friday) Her latest update yesterday evening said that they were stopping over in France last night, but she'd heard that Spanish border patrol were turning people back at the Spanish border. Don't know how true that is.
Not heard about it myself , but it wouldn't surprise me. From Catalonia to the Basque region there are serious problems, and travelling south from France they would cross into these regions.
I hope they're ok , but they're probably better off turning round and going back.

I gather planes heading to Spain were being turned back in mid-air.

Couple of friends who were going to do the Saint James walk were just told it was cancelled. TBH much relief. They were elderly and ready to cancel.

Hostels and auberges an absolute no no in current climate so that shut down was nailed on even before all the rest. I have cycled the Via De La Plata from Seville to Compostela and walked the English route and really enjoyed both. Wonderful countryside, a genuine welcome everywhere and good eating and drinking. I hope your friends get to do it some time in the not too distant future.

I'm due to fly to Lanzarote to Playa Blanca on 23rd with Ryanair. Think they are making a decision around Thursday if not sooner regarding whether they will stop that route. Also have Ibiza booked in May with Easyjet, which I'm guessing is now doubtful. Think I'll be climbing the walls if I don't get away. I can't go to any customers as all staff are working from home. Still, the garden should look nice if nothing else.

All hotels in Spain to close within the next week. Any British tourists over here advised to make arrangements to return home as soon as possible.

All hotels in Spain to close within the next week. Any British tourists over here advised to make arrangements to return home as soon as possible.
Same in Malta.
Given that 15% of their GDP is tourism and another 15% is online gambling, they know that they have serious problems coming.
No tourists and few sporting events will cost their tiny economy dearly.
The economy minister has said publicly that foreigners laid off will be deported back to their home country.
They don’t have the resources to see it through .

Same in Malta.
Given that 15% of their GDP is tourism and another 15% is online gambling, they know that they have serious problems coming.
No tourists and few sporting events will cost their tiny economy dearly.
The economy minister has said publicly that foreigners laid off will be deported back to their home country.
They don’t have the resources to see it through .

A woman from Leeds says that she and her partner are currently trapped in their hotel in Gran Canaria, in what she's described as a "holiday from hell".
Laura, 38, and her partner Roy, 37, paid £1,300 for a two-week holiday to Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria because Laura said she's been struggling with her mental health recently and needed to relax.

But she says that her holiday has had the opposite effect, as the resort she's staying in has gone into lockdown - making her mental health worse.

Shortly after arriving at their hotel, Laura and Roy had a note through the door saying that they weren't allowed to leave their hotel room, unless to buy food, or visit a pharmacy, bank, medical centre, hairdresser, or to do laundry.

The note read: "Any other type of travel is totally prohibited, this also includes going for a walk, going to the beach, leisure areas such as bars, pubs, shopping centers."

Don't go. We were lucky - got back last tuesday. If we'd have gone the following week it would have been a worry.

No one can legislate for bad choices Arthurly.

We know an older lady and her partner who travelled to Gran Canaria last week full in the knowledge of the potential problems and with health issues.
Although going for a week, she said she was taking enough medication for three weeks in case they got stuck there.

Unbelievable in my humble opinion.

After a quick Google search , I found this image and have decided getting arrested might not be that bad after all 😍
34366307_1050245988465994_111635249519132672_o.jpg