Stay away from Spain | Vital Football

Stay away from Spain

Is Coronavirus better or worse than the effects of a dodgy Paella?

I think the latter wins in the Toilet Paper stakes.

An 18 pack for me, although the packaging reliably informs me they're so long it's the equivalent of 36 rolls.

Could've bought more, there was plenty there, but I feel paranoid now that everyone's staring daggers at you if you buy more than one pack!

Spain is quickly slipping into lockdown.
Any bar or restaurant that doesn't shut down at midnight (until further notice) faces a 60,000€ fine.

I know there are a few towns in the Barcelona region that are shut down at the moment - Igualada, Santa Margarida de Montbui, Vilanova del Camí and Òdena.

316 cases as of this afternoon in Catalonia, apparently. Nowhere near as bad as Madrid (2078 cases), but still not great. Bearing in mind all the measures being brought in across Spain are due to run until the 26th March, personally I would've thought that at the beginning of April it probably still wouldn't be advisable to travel.

Where have you seen that, Valencia? I've seen bars all have to close their terraces, I've not seen anything (yet) saying they actually have to shut down though.

I've been in a few bars earlier , and that was from the owners.
The PM is due to meet the cabinet mañana , followed by an audience with the King.
I would expect more measures announced tommorow.

We have friends who have been in Benidorm for the last few days. They arrived home in Alicante around teatime , not knowing about what has been happening here in the last few days. Benidorm is packed atm , and many Brits will be there , not realising it will be closing at midnight.
I predict a riot.

We have friends who have been in Benidorm for the last few days. They arrived home in Alicante around teatime , not knowing about what has been happening here in the last few days. Benidorm is packed atm , and many Brits will be there , not realising it will be closing at midnight.
I predict a riot.
My daughter is living in Salobreña, just east of Malaga and has heard stories of Spain going into total lockdown (like Italy) pretty soon.
Can't find anything in the news. You heard anything?
I'm guessing my visit on 6th April is a non starter 😥

looks bad and will only get worse next few weeks. Due to visit family in your neighbours in Portugal, end of April. Not as bad in Portugal at the moment, but bound to get worse. Hope you all keep safe.

I've been corrected she's going to the Costa Blanca near Benidorm or planning to. Any updates would be welcome.

On here just under half way down there's a map showing the number of cases by region at the moment

https://www.elmundo.es/ciencia-y-salud/salud/2020/03/10/5e676c5a21efa0082a8bfb15.html

As for the lockdown, plenty of rumours around, but not seen anything confirmed yet. State of emergency set to be announced tomorrow, leading (where I live at least) to long queues at petrol stations (don't know why, everyone's been told to stay indoors, not sure why they need to make sure their tank's full) and tobacconists. As of tomorrow they're shutting just about everything bar supermarkets, grocers, butchers, bakers, chemists, tobacconists and petrol stations.

Non-food shops, bars, restaurants, nightclubs, cinemas, leisure centres, art galleries, you name it, all being closed from tomorrow until the 26th. Schools have already been closed since Wednesday, all the kids' playgrounds where I live were sealed off this morning. Well, I say sealed off, there was a police "Do not pass" type tape across the entrance, but nothing to stop anyone that wanted to jump the fence.

I suspect you'll see the number of cases on the coasts going up in the coming week, apparently there are plenty of people from Madrid who are treating the time off work and school as a holiday and going to their apartments by the coast for a while.