Starting XI v Gillingham? | Vital Football

Starting XI v Gillingham?

Well shall we assume everyone is fit and dandy

Palmer
Eyoma Montsma Walsh Edun
Jones Bridcutt Grant
Scully Hopper Johnson

Subs Long Jackson Mcgrandles Rogers Anderson Melbourne Howarth

Now we know the 2 clubs only is not a thing this season I would have Lewis as back up Right Back but I think we know that won’t happen. Might be a new face by Tuesday

In coming (s) on Monday ? two out quickly like that, planning as they do would be surprised if that was not the case.

Urghh this predictive text changing! Obviously I said Gotts!!!!!!
You can edit your posts. Predicktive text gets me all the time, so I'm quite familiar with it. As yet, I've escaped the grammar police, but maybe they're too busy with Covid fines😂
Anyway, I suspect unchanged from the last league unless Hopper is ready to go.

I think we have the following players fit:

GK: Palmer, Long
DF: Eyoma, Jackson, Edun, Roughan, Melbourne, Cann
MF: Grant, Bridcutt
W: Howarth
FW: Scully, Johnson, Rogers

Injured: Montsma, McGrandles, Archibald, Morton
Covid: Anderson, Walsh, Hopper, Jones

Hopefully some of the missing players will be available, but doubtful whether the Covid cases will be physically up to it.

Didnt MA suggest in an interview a couple of days ago that Harry should be fit again for Tuesday, possibly Walsh as well? You'd expect medical staff to be over them like a rash to ensure VO2 max and other stats are up to levels before rushing them back and MA isn't one given to too much diversionary BS.

I think we have the following players fit:

GK: Palmer, Long
DF: Eyoma, Jackson, Edun, Roughan, Melbourne, Cann
MF: Grant, Bridcutt
W: Howarth
FW: Scully, Johnson, Rogers

Injured: Montsma, McGrandles, Archibald, Morton
Covid: Anderson, Walsh, Hopper, Jones

Hopefully some of the missing players will be available, but doubtful whether the Covid cases will be physically up to it.

Very threadbare squad if this is still the case on Tuesday. Push Edun into CM? I think we'll need Melbourne's physical presence in the back 4 to deal with Oliver's aerial threat, regardless of who else is fit.

Gillingham's away form in the league this year is W5 D1 L5, so who knows which side will turn up. Either way, we should be looking to take the game to them.

Palmer
Eyoma Jackson Melbourne Roughan
Bridcutt
Grant Edun
Scully Johnson Rogers​

If Walsh is fit, then Melbourne moves to LB. Harry comes on from the bench early in the second half if he's available.

LincolnshireLive:

Further Covid issues

Appleton confirms there have been further Covid issues in the camp.
Four players will be unavailable but Harry Anderson will be back in the squad.

the invisible man mcgrandles back in training, good news. also a bit of a dig from ma:
“Put it this way, if everyone in the league had the same attitude – in terms of willingness of wanting to get games played – as we have, the season will be done in the time it should be done.”