Spurs V Spam Lasagne | Page 9 | Vital Football

Spurs V Spam Lasagne

Dave the Yid - 26/10/2017 13:53

ScottDaYid - 26/10/2017 12:22

Nick Real Deal - 26/10/2017 11:09

Finishing 2nd in the PL and doing well in the CL gives me more pleasure than winning the Haribo cup.

That is the biggest pile of **** I've ever read on this forum.

Haha, you wait til I start posting regularly again, mate. The sh!t will start flying all over the place! Haha

:19:

Last night was shocking, and it was sad to see the 'soft underbelly' and 'Spursy' tags re-emerge with validity. Fair enough we played the 2nd string against there 2nd string, but there was f'all leadership on the field from us when it started to crumble - we don't have a Kevin Nolan when things get tough if Kane is not on the field. The smug say that we are not a one-man team and point to the goal contributions last year of Alli, Eriksen and Son but Kane brings so much more to the team than goals.

It was quite an odd suad and starting 11 in my view which, to be fair, surprised me to go 2-0 up (Alli's was a massivey fortunate defection though) but we never seemed to be interested in raising our game to bury them in that first 45 and I question that attitude massively.

3-2 down and our genius manager takes off the striker and brings on a not very fit looking Dembele - why? as whenever he got the ball and went forward he reverted back to his oldstyle of stopping and passing sideways. I would never have started with both Son and Llorent if there was no other striker on the bench, beause with 20 mins to go what was open to us if goals were needed? At that point bringing on Son or Llorente would probably have been a game changer.

Piss-poor management thinking which, like every one of the last three seasons, removes the possibility of a trophy. Lucky for us that Porky is only interested in winning the PL and CL eh?

total spurs - 26/10/2017 15:53

Apparently Toby said words to the effect of 'we have learnt a lesson, we need to keep momentum going even if we are winning''..... Now don't get me wrong, I rate Toby and it is rare anyone would have a reason to criticise anything he does on the pitch, and for me personally whilst yesterday wasn't his best display, I can forgive him the very odd ****e game.

BUT, if he really thinks not keeping momentum going is a lesson learnt, then really he should have been reading this forum for a few years.......cos everyone on here knew that about Spurs donkeys years ago!

The problem isn't that we only got to the last 16, its that we lost to the spam, we gave them the 2nd half, we may have given their season momentum......just imagine the nightmare of them lifting the frigging cup, in basically what is our stadium....now that is the stuff of nightmares

He's saying they took their foot off the pedal because they were 2-0 up and Spam were ****... and got gubbed for 3 goals in 15 minutes. That's the lesson.

It wasn't a god-awful performance except for a **** 20-25mins in the second half, when Spam suddenly looked up for the game and caught us by surprise. We didn't have to get out of 2nd gear because they were awful and didn't react quickly or decisively enough when they suddenly upped their game. It was poor and shouldn't have happened, but some of the reactions on here have been ridiculous, as if we were a shambles and got thoroughly out-classed.

Bottom line is it’s all about money and profile. Poch’s priorities have to be top 4 finish and the knock- out stages of the CL to increase our club profile to sponsors and ensure that we have CL football in the new stadium next season. The team last night highlighted well known deficiencies in the squad which tend to be papered over most of the time when our key players are all playing. Poch protected Lloris, Kane, Vertonghen, Aurier, Eriksen, Winks, Sanchez from injury in a match that is not on the club’s priority list ( not just Poch’s list). Sad to lose any game but those that played were simply not good enough as a team and that is something that Poch should be working on. If the team on Saturday play the same way, then we will have something to truly complain about.

ScottDaYid - 26/10/2017 15:57

Nick Real Deal - 26/10/2017 12:57

Finishing 2nd in the PL and doing well in the CL gives me more pleasure than winning the Haribo cup.

It's how I feel and you have disrespected that in a clumsy way.

I just don't understand how any fan can find more pleasure in being a loser than a winner.

Finishing 2nd in the PL is an achievement, getting to quarters or semis of the CL is too. I don't like losing but would rather channel the best players into the best competition. If you don't , like in the Haribo and go with a compromised team you stand the chance of losing. But you preserve your best players for the big days. It's not like we were dominated and humiliated, if you strip away the pride and look at the first 2 goals they were not capitulation but pretty random pinball jobs.

Remember there are some big teams left in the League Cup so progression with reserves is difficult. I do feel sorry for the fringe players as lesser cups are their opportunity to shine. Maybe we should have a look at the fringe players performances against the Lasagne poisoners and decide if they deserve to be given chances.

I am sorry I didn't explain my opinion that deeply, I am on the road most of the time and fire off posts quickly.

ahx00 - 26/10/2017 16:29

total spurs - 26/10/2017 15:53

Apparently Toby said words to the effect of 'we have learnt a lesson, we need to keep momentum going even if we are winning''..... Now don't get me wrong, I rate Toby and it is rare anyone would have a reason to criticise anything he does on the pitch, and for me personally whilst yesterday wasn't his best display, I can forgive him the very odd ****e game.

BUT, if he really thinks not keeping momentum going is a lesson learnt, then really he should have been reading this forum for a few years.......cos everyone on here knew that about Spurs donkeys years ago!

The problem isn't that we only got to the last 16, its that we lost to the spam, we gave them the 2nd half, we may have given their season momentum......just imagine the nightmare of them lifting the frigging cup, in basically what is our stadium....now that is the stuff of nightmares

He's saying they took their foot off the pedal because they were 2-0 up and Spam were ****... and got gubbed for 3 goals in 15 minutes. That's the lesson.

It wasn't a god-awful performance except for a **** 20-25mins in the second half, when Spam suddenly looked up for the game and caught us by surprise. We didn't have to get out of 2nd gear because they were awful and didn't react quickly or decisively enough when they suddenly upped their game. It was poor and shouldn't have happened, but some of the reactions on here have been ridiculous, as if we were a shambles and got thoroughly out-classed.

The problem for me, and I think many others, is we don't seem to learn that we are not good enough to take our foot of the pedal, or lose momentum, or showboat, or treat it as a training game or whatever....if we are 3/4 nil up with 10 mins to play....yeah I can get that we can breathe easier, but equally how nice would it have been when we came out for the 2nd half, two nil up and quickly made it 3 or 4 or 5 and totally put the spam to the sword..

I say again we are not good enough to stop our focus, momentum, intensity call it what you like until we are so far ahead and there is so little time left that basically it is impossible to feck it up for ourselves. That is a lesson we should have learnt dozens of times, but we don't appear to have done... But yes I will accept it isn't such a common event nowadays.

What supporter of any team, in any sport, likes losing?

If they do, then I don't think they quite get the idea of competition and sport. Win Lose or Draw.

total spurs - 26/10/2017 16:59

The problem for me, and I think many others, is we don't seem to learn that we are not good enough to take our foot of the pedal, or lose momentum, or showboat, or treat it as a training game or whatever....if we are 3/4 nil up with 10 mins to play....yeah I can get that we can breathe easier, but equally how nice would it have been when we came out for the 2nd half, two nil up and quickly made it 3 or 4 or 5 and totally put the spam to the sword..

I say again we are not good enough to stop our focus, momentum, intensity call it what you like until we are so far ahead and there is so little time left that basically it is impossible to feck it up for ourselves. That is a lesson we should have learnt dozens of times, but we don't appear to have done... But yes I will accept it isn't such a common event nowadays.

That was the first time we've had a 2 goal lead over-turned since Poch has been manager...

Foyth still learning, Davies and Rose not sharp due to time out, Vorm don't play much, Llorente not well apparently.

Dier , Toby, Alli, Sissoko , Trippier and Son no excuses .

Son lost the ball and they broke on us , led to a goal. Vorm couldn't push the ball out of danger which at that pace may be a bit harsh. It has been suggested Foyth could have done better for the 3rd but I havnt checked.

It was a Hoch Poch team which has cost us before. Instilling the mentality of fight till the end and play safe would have helped but it's not something that happens very often with our best players. Last season we had a reputation of recovering from going down in lots of games.

ahx00 - 26/10/2017 17:20

total spurs - 26/10/2017 16:59

That was the first time we've had a 2 goal lead over-turned since Poch has been manager...

Two goal one goal no goals.....that's not my point....my point is we switch off or we don't switch on from the whistle, we play slow tippy tappy no pace football then we far too often have to up the pace/intensity/focus call it what yuou will...... we came alive again in the final 10 mins or so yesterday when we were chasing the game....why don't we kill them off and make sure they are killed off...anyway nuff said.......except we would have had the gooners in the quarters

Don't really think Vorm can hold much blame for any of the goals. They were either well placed it he'd done well to save the initial shot. The fault lies with those who allowed the spammers the time and space to shoot in the first place

Didnt we almost fluff the league game when 3-0 up. Maybe the players thought it was to easy. We are so much better than them even without our stars but you cant have a mindset of this is to easy in any game.

kcspurs - 26/10/2017 19:07

only an idiot takes off 2 forwards when you need a goal and replace with a winger and dembele
no

I have to agree I was fuming. Like many others I payed a lot of money for my tickets and I want to win every game and every competition. Last night it looked by his actions he wanted to lose the game. I now have to listen to my family take the piss out of me. F**King spammers

Dave the Yid - 26/10/2017 18:05

Don't really think Vorm can hold much blame for any of the goals. They were either well placed it he'd done well to save the initial shot. The fault lies with those who allowed the spammers the time and space to shoot in the first place

The biggest culprit being that showboating ponce Ali.

His attitude and body language all game was a disgrace, it seemed to have become infectious to the rest of the team as the game wore on, get rid, it's a joke him and his agent think he'll end up at Barca or Real, he'll last 2 minutes at a big club with his chav attitude.

Nick Real Deal - 26/10/2017 16:46

ScottDaYid - 26/10/2017 15:57

Nick Real Deal - 26/10/2017 12:57

It's how I feel and you have disrespected that in a clumsy way.

I just don't understand how any fan can find more pleasure in being a loser than a winner.

Finishing 2nd in the PL is an achievement, getting to quarters or semis of the CL is too. I don't like losing but would rather channel the best players into the best competition. If you don't , like in the Haribo and go with a compromised team you stand the chance of losing. But you preserve your best players for the big days. It's not like we were dominated and humiliated, if you strip away the pride and look at the first 2 goals they were not capitulation but pretty random pinball jobs.

Remember there are some big teams left in the League Cup so progression with reserves is difficult. I do feel sorry for the fringe players as lesser cups are their opportunity to shine. Maybe we should have a look at the fringe players performances against the Lasagne poisoners and decide if they deserve to be given chances.

I am sorry I didn't explain my opinion that deeply, I am on the road most of the time and fire off posts quickly.

It's not an achievement, finishing 2nd is like losing in a cup final...2nd. Yes over the season you would have done well and would obviously mean you are a bloody good team (which we are) but ultimately it means nothing and certainly wont mean nothing in a few years time, it's all about putting trophies in the cabinet.

Also there is no way our big players will stick around for much longer if we don't start winning things. I read somewhere earlier that we are like the Newcastle of the 90's, amazing team and so close to something special but ultimately nothing to show for it.

The game is about glory!

Oh yeah they will treasure their League Cup medal, that will keep them at Spurs.

Getting 2nd means CL, it means in our case challenging for the title.

Nick Real Deal - 26/10/2017 22:18

Oh yeah they will treasure their League Cup medal, that will keep them at Spurs.

Getting 2nd means CL, it means in our case challenging for the title.

Silverware! If we won the League Cup it would very unlikely affect our league position.

We need to become winners and with our current team winning something like the League Cup could well become the start of big things, at the moment we are just 'nearly men'.

It's why I was also so up for going all out for Europa League previously, we've gone from winning nothing in years to all of a sudden 'we must win the league or the CL' - get real ffs!