Spurs V Brighton | Page 13 | Vital Football

Spurs V Brighton

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
Toby and Jan look ok , Moura has no excuse being tired, Alli has had rest after injury , Rose looks full of it, Sanchez is not tired or Davies, Wanyama although unfit is on an upward curve, Dier is not fatigued, Winks if he makes it back should be fresh, Aurier the same and Lamela if he makes it.

Eriksen although lack lustre could be for other reasons. Son I would understand being tired so he needs managing over the last few games.

We only have a few games left, a fair break until Spam. I don't expect CL glory but I think the top 4 target will give us enough motivation to give it enough energy.

Luckily fatigue or lack of interest is scuppering our rivals for the top 4 spots. Everyone is in the same boat this time of the season.Yes we have a thinner squad thanx to Daniel but those left standing are giving their all for the manager & us.We're in the semi-finals for the first time in 57 years & nailed to the 3rd spot. Some of you posters need to stop working your personal frustrations out on the boys & Poch ,& give them credit for achieving history.

Toby and Jan look ok , Moura has no excuse being tired, Alli has had rest after injury , Rose looks full of it, Sanchez is not tired or Davies, Wanyama although unfit is on an upward curve, Dier is not fatigued, Winks if he makes it back should be fresh, Aurier the same and Lamela if he makes it.

Eriksen although lack lustre could be for other reasons. Son I would understand being tired so he needs managing over the last few games.

We only have a few games left, a fair break until Spam. I don't expect CL glory but I think the top 4 target will give us enough motivation to give it enough energy.

Oh we'll find the energy; but the 'snap' had/has gone - I've seen it soo many times in soo many situations at every level of the game; the medics will be seeing it too and they'll be a key part of who plays and who gets rested; fatigue is not just physical, it's mental and in many players cases affects them worse than the physical side - they are at least half a dozen of them carrying some niggle or another.

One of our coaches let slip in the lounge post Brighton that he'd never seen so many tired faces, minds and bodies.

Poch has his hands full to get the performances out of them we'll need.

Last edited:
Oh we'll find the energy; but the 'snap' had gone - I've seen it soo many times in so many situations at every level of the game; the medics will be seeing it to and they'll be a key part of who plays and who gets rested; fatigue is not just physical, it's mental and in many players case affects them worse than the physical side - they are at least half a dozen of them carrying some niggel or another.

One of our coaches let slip in the loulnge post Brighton that he'd never seen so many tired faces, minds and bodies.

Poch has his hands full to get the performances out of them we'll need.

We need to beat W'Ham and hope that both Arse & Chavs lose, we'll be able to rest our players for the second leg.

We need to beat W'Ham and hope that both Arse & Chavs lose, we'll be able to rest our players for the second leg.

It seems Vert is saying something similar to me as well...

"The Premier League is so tough, both cup ties and teams you play with your country. It all adds up and it’s starting to show. It is mind over body. We struggled all season a bit with some injuries. Hopefully we can get a couple of guys back soon."

Eriksen was the only one that looked like creating anything and drove us forward plus scored the winner.

Alli/Son/Lucas and certainly llorente may as well not have been there.

You've missed my point Kingy.

One game when he does what he should've been doing all season does not let him off the hook.

I hope you are right NRD, part of me think despite all these challenges we are still in the mix. That tells me a lot about this squad mental fortitude, have we got enough left in the tank?

We should be in a better position than we are in the league points wise, if we just turned one of the defeats against Burnley and Southampton into a draw we would be 2 results head of everyone

One game when he does what he should've been doing all season does not let him off the hook.

You are suggesting that he had one good game all season, which really invalidates whatever argument you are trying to make.

It's important to point out when players are underperforming, but it's as important to acknowledge when the bad spell is over, and for some reason you are failing to do just that.

The trouble is Eriksen is so good, when he's average we think he's bad. He's had a long season so I guess some gloss has come off. I just hope he shines for the last few games and finds that little extra for us. He is human and a footballer so will have dips in performance.

4th top scorer and top in assists, that’s not a player whose nit been playing well all season.

4th top scorer and top in assists, that’s not a player whose nit been playing well all season.

Once again, you’ve failed to understand my post. FFS.
I guess I need to spell it out.

Read this;
‘One game when he does what he should've been doing all season does not let him off the hook’

Got it now?

Nothing there to say he’s not been playing all season.

It’s says he should’ve been doing this ALL season, INSTEAD of just doing it some of the time.

Once again, you’ve failed to understand my post. FFS.
I guess I need to spell it out.

Read this;
‘One game when he does what he should've been doing all season does not let him off the hook’

Got it now?

Nothing there to say he’s not been playing all season.

It’s says he should’ve been doing this ALL season, INSTEAD of just doing it some of the time.

Fml, you understand no professional footballer with the exception of Ronaldo and messi are able to play flawless seasons?

That’s what you are expecting of him