Spurs V Brighton | Page 10 | Vital Football

Spurs V Brighton

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
We have needed an alternative at attacking midfield for ten years. To challenge for a title it is an essential. I dont get why we dont just throw money at Eriksen and get a top young prospect to understudy him.

Because, apparently, he is bang average and easily replaceable.

I'd say he needs space, hence he does well against attacking teams that leave gaps. He couldn't dribble past the 1st player he faced today. Moura was the same. So basically we had no attacking threat in a crowded area. Son't think Trippier put in a cross today. Llorente was wasted in this setup.

Moura can't beat a defender for the life of him, but the bigger problem is that we don't have a single player in the squad who can beat a man from dead ball.

Dembele did that, but we need that option up front.

I'd say he needs space, hence he does well against attacking teams that leave gaps. He couldn't dribble past the 1st player he faced today. Moura was the same. So basically we had no attacking threat in a crowded area. Don't think Trippier put in a cross today. Llorente was wasted in this setup.

We got to wide areas but failed to pinpoint a cross.

Imagine people wanting Spurs without Eriksen

Sorry mate, but that statement holds no water. He's been bang average for too long. I'm sure a replacement would've contributed more over the last 4-5 months than Eriksen and been hungrier to retain his spot. Thus, not having us in a situation where we're struggling to stay 3rd.

I know its all here say, but Eriksen will not redeem himself in my book until he shows that he deserves his spot each week. One swallow does not make a summer.
I'm grateful for his goal...BUT

* Why the hell are we struggling to score against BHA when Bournemouth easily knock past 5 ...away?
* The player that should be making Eriksen fight for his position may also have scored.

I'm just a bit anti Eriksen right now. Drawing an obscene wage and contributing about 5000 pound a week worth of effort IMHO.

Just as well he scored.

Sorry mate, but that statement holds no water. He's been bang average for too long. I'm sure a replacement would've contributed more over the last 4-5 months than Eriksen and been hungrier to retain his spot. Thus, not having us in a situation where we're struggling to stay 3rd.

I know its all here say, but Eriksen will not redeem himself in my book until he shows that he deserves his spot each week. One swallow does not make a summer.
I'm grateful for his goal...BUT

* Why the hell are we struggling to score against BHA when Bournemouth easily knock past 5 ...away?
* The player that should be making Eriksen fight for his position may also have scored.

I'm just a bit anti Eriksen right now. Drawing an obscene wage and contributing about 5000 pound a week worth of effort IMHO.

Just as well he scored.

I didn't see the game but my guess is Brighton had a go at scoring against Bournemouth and fancied the 3 points so left themselves open.

That was 88 minutes of puerile tripe and one flash of magic from Eriksen who together with Danny Rose are the only two who can hold their heads up.....and what is the point of Keiran Trippier I ask...you could put a man with a wooden leg out there @n£ he would be as effective.

Yes a great 3 points but really it shows how much quality we are lacking and how little tactical awareness we have in games like this.

Let’s hope we wake up before the Hammers game.
The difference is The Hammers ‘should’ come to play unlike Brighton tonight.

It was frustrating to watch for sure. We played Llorente in the centre up top but put no decent balls in for him to head down or hold up.
We tried to give width but kept being drawn narrow and couldn’t stretch them at all.
Their tactics were so negative but I get why. Rose was our best player and the ref should have given a yellow much sooner than he did when Rose was being targeted.

Ultimately though, we missed Sissoko!

One of the biggest Bus Parking examples I’ve seen. They hardly put an attacking move together in the second half, let alone the first half. We were dire in our passing and our shooting was ......... I was going to say that I was speechless but in fact I was shouting at the screen. How frustrating to watch. I know they had to try and get a point but why weren’t we more clinical? We lingered on the ball instead of fast and accurate passing. We were afraid of them. We should have pressed more and pushed through them. Anyway, I’m ok now I’ve TAKEN MY PILL! The cat might not survive though.

One of the biggest Bus Parking examples I’ve seen. They hardly put an attacking move together in the second half, let alone the first half. We were dire in our passing and our shooting was ......... I was going to say that I was speechless but in fact I was shouting at the screen. How frustrating to watch. I know they had to try and get a point but why weren’t we more clinical? We lingered on the ball instead of fast and accurate passing. We were afraid of them. We should have pressed more and pushed through them. Anyway, I’m ok now I’ve TAKEN MY PILL! The cat might not survive though.
You’re right. I was there and our passing was a yard short and too slow for most of the game. The only time I saw any of their players in our half whilst we had possession, was right after we scored!

Just got back from game. Loved the stadium but couldn't have picked a worse game from an entertainment point of view.

It's great that we won, but I can't defend Poch at all. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over. We did that for 80 mins and Poch is so lucky he got away with it. He finally made changes at the end of the match, 20 mins after they should have happened in my opinion.