Spurs Player Ratings 2021/ 22 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Spurs Player Ratings 2021/ 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE Dele. I will certainly agree it was a big improvement on previous performances from, his effort alone should be praised but he's still so wasteful in possession. Hopefully the more he plays the better he will get but I still think he's the weak link in our midfield.

I don't think he's good enough with the ball to be playing CM, if he's playing I'd rather him further forward as he will get goals if he's playing in a confident, scoring team.

Lets hope he carries on improving.

His improvement still leaves him on the periphery of the game, your observations about him being wasteful in possession and not good enough with the ball support that theory. I don't see him as a good enough CM either, going to the ground and selling himself like a kipper early doors wasn't pretty. Stay on your feet, Dele! His place, is as you mention, further forward, but he's not a good enough footballer to make a consistent difference.

His improvement still leaves him on the periphery of the game, your observations about him being wasteful in possession and not good enough with the ball support that theory. I don't see him as a good enough CM either, going to the ground and selling himself like a kipper early doors wasn't pretty. Stay on your feet, Dele! His place, is as you mention, further forward, but he's not a good enough footballer to make a consistent difference.

Rich like it or not, he made a singular difference on Sunday, but unquestionably we need more improvement.

Rich like it or not, he made a singular difference on Sunday, but unquestionably we need more improvement.

My challenge to him is to make a consistent difference. Not when we're on top, and the game is easy, but in adversity under pressure and second best. Is Dele good enough to put his hand up, take responsibility and change a game? For three years, he hasn't been. A massive improvement is needed.

My challenge to him is to make a consistent difference. Not when we're on top, and the game is easy, but in adversity under pressure and second best. Is Dele good enough to put his hand up, take responsibility and change a game? For three years, he hasn't been. A massive improvement is needed.

Well he did just that in the last game, so let's see..

Vs. Pacos -

Gollini 6
Doherty 4
CCV 4
Romero 5
Davies 5
Sessegnon 6
Lo Celso 5
Winks 5
John 5
Scarlett 5
Gil 6

Clarke 5

A poor night. Players understandably not playing as a unit as they were effectively thrown in together. This may be a bit harsh but……!
Gollini. 6
Doherty. 4
CCV. 2
Romero. 4.5
Davies. 4.5
John. 3.5
Lo Celso 3.5
Winks 3
Sessignon. 5
Bryan. 4.5
Scarlett. 3.5

Nuno. 3

Clarke 3.5

Gollini 6
Doherty 3
CCV 3
Romero 5
Davies 4
Winks 4
John 4
Gio 5
Bryan 6
Scarlett 6
Sess 6.5

Subs
Clarke 5
Bennett 5.5
Paskotsi N/A

Nuno 5

Ref 3

Mismash of kids and undercooked players against good seasoned pros who clearly knew how to work the ref and a set system, so not really disappointed at all;

Gollini 6
Doherty 3
CCV 2
Romero 4
Davies 4
Winks 5
John 3
Gio 5
Bryan 6
Scarlett 5
Sess 6.5

Subs
Clarke 5
Bennett 5.5
Paskotsi N/A

Nuno 5

Average player ratings across 5 posters and 5 media/ web reports. I'm not going to stretch this one out and thanks for your input for such a sorry spectacle !
Media is second column and combined averages third column.

Gollini 6, 5.60, 5.80
CCV 2.40, 3.40, 2.90
Romero 4.70, 5, 4.85
Davies 4.70, 5.60, 5.15
Doherty 3.20, 4.60 , 3.90
Loco 4.10, 4.40, 4.25
Winks 3.80, 4.40, 4.10
Sessegnon 5.40, 6, 5.70
Nile John 3.70, 3.80, 3.75
Gil 5.70, 5.60, 5.65
Scarlett 4.50, 4.60, 4.55
Clarke 3.90, 4.60, 4.25

Nuno 4.20.

v Wolves

Hugo - 7 Alert and great block on 1-on-1

Tanga - 6 - Tormented by Adama
Sanchez - 6 - as above
Dier - 6 - A lot of good work undone by the run, losing ball, almost conceded.
Reggie -6 - Like the other 3 defenders, constantly pounded.

Loads of collective last minute blocks, struggled to play out of the back as passes to Hoj/Skipp often got pinged back.

Hoj - 6
Skipp - 6.5

The pivot is non-existent with these 2

Dele - 7- Another grafting display and well won and taken penalty.

Bergwijn - 6.5 - one piece of great skill, struggles for end product
Moura - 5.5 - an off day. Ball didn't stick for him and was not alert.
Son - 6 - a very quiet day, easily marked out of the game.

Kane - 6 - Still no pace, but offered much needed support in midfield.

Nuno 6 - The craftsman has half empty toolbox.

Ratings vs Wolves

It would be easy to mark the defenders down because they took a real roasting from Traore throughout. Ultimately though somebody always got a body or a boot in when it mattered, whereby the defence won us the match, as compared with the midfield which was outclassed, and the attackers who were anonymous due to the lack of service and support from the midfield.

Lloris 7.5, Tanganga 5.5, Sanchez 8.5, Dier 8, Reguilon 7.5, Hojbjerg 6, Skipp 5,5, Dele 6.5, Bergwijn 5.5, Moura 5.5, Son 5.5, Lo Celso 5.5, Kane 6.5

Nuno 7 - Two out of two is good enough for me, this was always going to be a difficult game.

Hugo 8
Played the captains part great save from 1 v 1 with Traore -helped get us over the line.

Tangy 5

Thought he had a bit of a mare really, Traore was a tough proposition and was on top of him and away from him all the game, what did strike me is how badly wasted Traore is there and how much Tangy has yet to learn.

Sanchez 6
Afraid he again showed up against physical tough attackers, he gets exposed, did OK, but I can see why we're still trying to shift him on.

Dier 7

Had a good game, but yet again one brain fart when he allowed himself to get caught f'ing about in the middle by Neves, which almost gifted Traore a goal.
But was our best defender and solid, if only he'd cut out the brain farts.

Reggie 5.5
Made the penalty with a pass for Dele, but apart from that thought that he was unsettled in possession and didn't do that well against their attacking threat, as I said did ok, but he needs to do better. Davies will be taking his place soon enough if he carries on like that.

Skippy 6
Did well in one tackle against Traore - probably the only one that did, run around alot without too much success, tried hard and covered the spaces, but no great quality moments from him like we saw in the city game - tough afternoon for him, will bring him on a lot, will improve for it.

Hojbjerg 6

Was trying teh doubling up tactic again, but it didn't work so well against their attacking threat mainly because he's just not quick/sharp enough, but almost scored or should have scored towards the end, did more than most. Worked hard and gave it his all.

Dele 8

His defensive work was impressive, again our leading yard coverer – put his body on teh line when he had to and timed his run well to make their keeper commit and forced the ref to make a decision - wasn't the penalty for me, but overall his tireless workrate was excellent, still need more from him, but he was again showing he's leading teh comeback charge. More please.

Lucas 5

Did sfa , did what he's been known for now, excllent game last week to disappearing this week, no idea how he stayed on so long.

Berg 6

Had one go, might have scored, set up chances for Kane and Son, but could perhaps should have set up Dele before half-time, his final ball/final third is still weak. Short of the smarts and composure needed if he's to retain his place and also short of work rate in a game where we again needed more defensively from him.

Son 6
Couple of shows, but was basically another who was back to being out of the game for too long.

Subs

Lo Co 6
Still looks short of match sharpness but added some much-needed energy when he came on, nothing to get excited about really.

Kane 7

Could have made himself a hero - blew his lines; but he tried which given what's going on is more than I expected from him. Showed why we better replace him well or suffer the consequences....!

The Times:

H Lloris 7 — J Tanganga 5, D Sanchez 5, E Dier 6, S Reguilón 6 — P Hojbjerg 6, O Skipp 7, D Alli 8 — L Moura 7 (G Lo Celso 67, 6), Son Heung-min 6 (H Kane 71), S Bergwijn 7

Average player ratings V Wolves across 5 forum posters and 5 media /websites. Forum first column, media second , combined third.

Lloris 7.50, 7.80 , 7.65
Tanganga 5.80, 5.90, 5.85
Sanchez 6.70, 6, 6.35
Dier 7.10, 6.30, 6.70
Regulion 6.30, 6.80, 6.55
Skipp 6.20, 7.20 , 6.70
Hojbjerg 5.80, 7, 6.40
Dele Alli 7.50, 8, 7.75
Bergwijn 5.90, 7.10, 6.50
Moura 4.70, 5.30, 5
Son 5.70, 5.80, 5.75
Kane 6.30, 6.20, 6.25
Loco 5.30, 5.40, 6.35

Nuno 6.40

Forum MOM was Dele at 79.2 % which is reflected by Forum and media.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.