Spurs away | Page 4 | Vital Football

Spurs away

Isak not bringing a lot to the game. Trippier has been worn out by Howe. Need a quality keeper to replace Pope.
Other sides have improved greatly, it's a tough league and we need to up our game again.
Unlucky with injuries but summer transfer window needed to include another striker and Tonali turned out to be a big mistake.
I thought it would be consolidation at best when I looked at the squad and that's the way it's turning out. Do not expect much in the cups and see top 8 as a finishing position.

.At least that explains the choice for Pope I guess.Some players which didn't have game time for a while stood up above everyone's expectation. I still think you can't blame a player too much if you didn't have playtime for a while. In need of matches again and maybe even less will to prove you are the one for that place. Conclusion: either way Dubravka didn't da a very good job in some situations.

Why do people keep saying we've been unlucky with injuries? We haven't

Apart from maybe joe willock and longstaff the rest are burned out due to lack of rotation. Some of us were saying this months ago

Kraft and Dummet both performed well against Man U and not considered good enough since by Howe. They are not top class but sufficiently ok to play the odd game and relieve Tripper and Schar for rest.
I think a few of our players have been carrying injuries and Isak has been a shadow of himself recently for some reason

Why do people keep saying we've been unlucky with injuries? We haven't

Apart from maybe joe willock and longstaff the rest are burned out due to lack of rotation. Some of us were saying this months ago
A lot of the players on the injury list hardly played this season though did they? Murphy, Targett, Botman, Barnes. I remember when SBRs team were going well and it was basically the same 11 Wed and Sat.

A lot of the players on the injury list hardly played this season though did they? Murphy, Targett, Botman, Barnes. I remember when SBRs team were going well and it was basically the same 11 Wed and Sat.
If I'm not mistaken every player you mentioned there got hurt during games. With the exception of Murphy who I think was a freak injury. Howe is renowned for not changing team tactics and personnel. For all we know clubs could have his 4-3-3 sussed out. Howe only ever makes enforced changes if it wasn't for ciaran Clark's fuck up joelinton wouldn't be in our midfield by now. I don't think you can really compare this team with Robson team although I think Bobby's was a better team in many ways they didn't press and run as much as this team. Maybe Howes training sessions are also burning players out who knows. I had a guy in work say the exact same thing that our injury crisis is our own doing and he's a Liverpool fan.

Good points mate, maybe it is the training. But let's be fair, players who have hardly figured or only played a handful of matches can't be "burned out due to lack of rotation".
Agree 100%. I don't think anyone can question the player's efforts lately which is why I'm kinda giving the benefit of the doubt. We've had a few tough defeats lately and a lot of the goals coming in the closing stages says a lot too. We are also missing 1 of the best young centre halves in Europe from our starting lineup. Lascelles has done ok but Botman is a Massive loss for any team.

Here's another 1 - if it weren't for Tonali suspension and our injuries in midfield we would never have seen Miley this season. Howe doesn't change the team unless he has to. In my opinion he has a massive call coming up at left back because young Tino (out of position) has been brilliant and shouldn't be dropped for Burn. So we'll see how that and miley pans out but ATM the team picks itself and howe is almost scared to even use subs

Here's another 1 - if it weren't for Tonali suspension and our injuries in midfield we would never have seen Miley this season. Howe doesn't change the team unless he has to. In my opinion he has a massive call coming up at left back because young Tino (out of position) has been brilliant and shouldn't be dropped for Burn. So we'll see how that and miley pans out but ATM the team picks itself and howe is almost scared to even use subs
Good points mate, you could say Howe got lucky there like he did in my view with Joelinton.

Good points mate, you could say Howe got lucky there like he did in my view with Joelinton.
He definitely got lucky with joelinton but at the same time he got the player's confidence from being non existent to being our biggest enforcer and a place on the Brazilian national squad. He does bring out the best in players and they do genuinely want to play for him it seems. Howe is still a rookie in manager terms and I think its good to see a young English manager coming through because there aren't many at the top level.

Speaking of luck - look at the "luck" fergie got over the years. They say luck favours the brave. I just watched Eddie's interview from last night and he handled it well. A journo asked if he regrets not parking the bus and going for europa? He said no his philosophy is to go for the win. We paid the price but I like his philosophy and he plays good football. He's the perfect fit for what we need atm

Fergie was handed half a world class team on a plate with the "class of 92". Still managed to bugger things up at times with ill advised signings.