Spring 2018 Chat Line | Page 2 | Vital Football

Spring 2018 Chat Line

Been to Liverpool to see the visiting Chinese Terracotta Warriors exhibition - amazing.
The sheer size and complexity of these burial 'pits' is difficult to visualise.

Well worth a visit - the rest of the museum wasn't bad either!!!

Pouring down here today, good for the garden.
An amazing sight the Terracottas, they were here not all that long ago.
At the moment The Beatle Boys are here again.

Lovely sunny spring day here!
Just waiting for some friends to arrive for a morning coffee - and chat!

And chat ... gossip you mean ha ha.
Hope you have a lovely Easter with your family Sue.
I won’t be in tomorrow as the power is shutting down again due to improvements ( hopefully)
Shutting down again on April 10 and hopefully that will be it all done.
Again, enjoy your weekend.

I think I'm back in the land of the living - I have no idea how those people flew for seventeen hours from Perth to London (mind they didn't have to encounter Manchester Airport - I don't think I'll be encountering it again for a long time).

Had a lovely time in Jamaica - was luckily given an upgrade to a view overlooking the sea which was super to wake up to every morning and have coffee on the balcony. We've done absolutely nothing except sit on the beach (mostly under a brolly as it was rather hot), paddle, read, doze and eat - oh and a lot of walking as our 'quiet' room was as far as you could go at one end of the complex to the beach/restaurants we went too! Unfortunately a couple of days before we went I hurt my knee - been quite painful sometimes while we were there so although I did do the walk there and back and back and there a few times a day at night time we tended to call for a 'cab' - a golf cart!

Back for football today and big Steve Evans coming back. Friends popping in Monday, though had a peculiar text saying things might change due to the expected snow and they will phone tonight. Hopefully going to see our granddaughter in Newcastle Tuesday/Wednesday and our daughter and partner are going up there doing various walks for a week so will get to catch up with them too.

Some bad news is that the first day we went away my co-ed on here, bald to be a Miller, had a slight heart attack, though he's home now and Taff who used to come on here had a stroke plus my son has been made redundant from next month - onwards and upwards as they say.

Hope they get the power sorted Oz. Hope the coffee and chat went well, Sixpence!

Happy Easter to anyone who reads this!

So sorry to hear all the bad news! Hope all of you with health problems are recovering well.
Hope your R soon finds another job he can enjoy.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday - I have all my family together for Easter which doesn't happen often and is lovely!

Good to see you back Caz and glad you enjoyed yourself. Too bad about the young lad but I hope he manages to find something soon.
Sorry to hear about your mates on VFR and hope they make a good recovery.
Sue and I missed you and I’m glad you had an enjoyable Easter.
Sue, sounds like you had a nice time as well and I hope Mos did also.
One more day on the 10 th of the power being off and hopefully that is that.
BBQ with pork belly here and cold XXXX beer which is from Queensland. Very nice indeed.
Love and best wishes to you all.

We are having pork too - pork chops, but not on a barby - in the oven.

Friends who were coming for a few hours tomorrow morning on their way from Bristol to York are now coming up today and staying over due to the weather forecast of snow so I'm cooking (not my favourite thing to do I confess). Yorkshire pudding mix already in the fridge.

Looks like our water was off while we've been away - every time we turn a cold tap on it coughs and splutters.

What are they doing with your electric, Oz?

We had been having lots of short time blackouts Caz and we were well fed up with them plus the poles were looking a bit worn and so after many many complaints they decided to fix the worst of them, which they did. However the brains behind that decision forgot that when you renew one part of something, generally it weakens other parts.
Finally they decided to renew the whole suburb and so that’s whats been going on. Hopefully the next time it’s off will be the last time.

Let's hope so!

Last year we were like it in Rotherham with the water and gas - one or the other seem to be off for months.

Friends finally left around noon when the snow had gone on their way to babysit for the rest of the week in York. We had thoughts of going to Newcastle today but put it off until tomorrow so I'm going to listen to the Millers win this afternoon!

Hhhhmmmmm! Perhaps not!

My family from London came to me on Thursday and we all went over to my sons in Rochdale on Saturday (hey are the only ones who can sqeeze us all in). The London crew brought me back yesterday and set off home early evening.

I'm shattered but the 2 cousins (my granddaughters) had a great time together. It's a shame they only meet up a couple of times a year.

They have been renewing gas pipes near me - I haven't been withoutgas but the temporary traffic lights have caused many problems for all of us and the surface of the roads and pavements is even worse than before!

We are at my son's overnight and my daughter has been too. Her and her boyfriend are in the North East for a few days on a walking holiday stopping at various places. It's the first time we've all been together since December so it was good to do that.

Going to do the front lawn again today. Won’t be long before the growing season is over so I’ll have to get on to the little jobs around the joint.

I don't think our grass will actually dry out until August! It's like a quagmire at the moment. Suns out now though!

Off to meet my sister at Meadowhall

My granddaughter was happy at their house splashing in her wellie in the mud - Grandma wasn't too pleased as her wellies were in Rotherham1

He, he, he!

Plastic carrier bags over the shoe and tied round the ankle - we used one summer in Northumberland when the caravan site was inches deep in water!!