Specubollox 23/24 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Specubollox 23/24

I await all sorts of specubollux headlines linking us with M’bappe now he has declared he won’t sign a new contract after his current one expires in 2024…..

Although I expect he’s clearing the way for a move tom Real MAdrid now that Benzema is leaving.

Kylian Mbappe: Paris St-Germain are prepared to sell France forward https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65882905
Considered by many as the best forward on the planet I do not want him near our club, even if he is a major upgrade on Flash. Just another, me, me, me, type.

If true, a ludicrous amount for a holding midfielder, is he that much better than our Porky, I don't see it. Will Arse face criticism for ruining football?

Spam fans will go mental if he does sign for the arse. :giggle:

If true, a ludicrous amount for a holding midfielder, is he that much better than our Porky, I don't see it. Will Arse face criticism for ruining football?

Answer to the question:- No.

They will be lauded for "investing in the squad to challenge City"

It would be a sad way to end his time at the club and I agree with Rising possibly short sighted. I can understand his disappointment at not starting in the UCL Final - who wouldn't want to - but as a reason for leaving it's a bit shallow.

I can however see him feeling that at 33 his time at the club is ending and, like many players, they have a chance at a final, longer contract at only certain points in their career so could understand that as a rationale. With Rico Lewis coming along nicely and clearly highly rated by Pep it may be another factor. I don't blame anyone for taking as much control over their destiny as they can - managers and clubs can be ruthless (can't they João?) - .... but just don't bullshit the fans or sulk. Leave on a high and respect those who gave stuck with you.

A

Apparently unhappy with playing time and very disappointed not to start CL final.

It could be that the squad is getting older BD and we need to introduce younger players to reduce the average age.

The one example with JoMU, who hung on to their players too long that they could no longer perform like the used to.

we have done the opposite with a few players we would have loved to stay with the club forever, DS21, Yaya, Vinnie, and so on, but the bosses always have a plan for replacement for those getting the taxi

It could be that the squad is getting older BD and we need to introduce younger players to reduce the average age.

The one example with JoMU, who hung on to their players too long that they could no longer perform like the used to.

we have done the opposite with a few players we would have loved to stay with the club forever, DS21, Yaya, Vinnie, and so on, but the bosses always have a plan for replacement for those getting the taxi
Yep, I guess now is the best time for a rebuild too.

On average age, it was something I was looking at recently, apart from Pep's first year he's kept the average age of the squad at 27 consistently.

Yep, I guess now is the best time for a rebuild too.

On average age, it was something I was looking at recently, apart from Pep's first year he's kept the average age of the squad at 27 consistently.
That profile is just about perfect regarding age and experience, with a potential then to get two or three seasons worth.

I must admit when I heard about/looked at the age of the players, it does cry out 'refresh', and we've got the fondest memories possible of this awesome group.