SPAR Town v SPA Town | Page 6 | Vital Football

SPAR Town v SPA Town

It isn't the result that they are saying is a disaster nor the performance - its the entertainment value from both teams.

Tonight was just shit, absolutely shit to sit there and watch once again.
Cheltenham like other recent teams are as much to blame with their own dull tactics.

I'm afraid I'm falling out of love with the game.
WHEN we go forward we look pretty good,
but we are like a tortoise, we keep going back into our shell.

What a load of shit that was. Absolutely dire once again with next to no entertainment on offer. What on earth goes on in training all week to produce this yawn fest. Are our defenders getting paid by the pass? Everyone in front of them stands still and have no interest in finding space.

Marginally better second half, but not by much.

There were about ten blokes that said fuck it and left at half time. I know one of them, they went back to the pub. That’s how bad it’s becoming. I’m off to watch a national league tomorrow and expecting far more entertainment than I saw tonight.

We’re do we start with that crap.
Good points.
1 nice bloke
2 crossed a ball and scored a memorable goal.
3 cheap as chips. 2nd choice after being sacked
Clearly bad points that need addressing soon
1 passing backwards and sideways will never work in league one
2 tactics for playing at home awful.
3 now turning good players Into crap players.
4 Charlie Hughes going backwards.
5 Matt Smith going backwards. Not the same player. To deep
6 pissed Humphrey’s off
7 pissed Wyke off.
8 Godo. Gone backwards
9 Watts disappeared
10 Morrison must be pissed off. One of the seasons better players

Charlie Hughes has in no way gone backwards. He's had a couple of poor games here and there but he's developed far more as a professional. The fact he can stay calm on the ball at his age and continue to look for movement when there's 6k people screaming at him is testament to that.
Matt Smith and Godo arrived here as academy lads. Their entire first team development has come under Maloney. Again, they've had some off games but that's to be expected at their age in their first full professional season. Those good performances were also down to our coaching staff and tactics.
Humphreys only has himself to blame. He has a free role that suits him but even I can work out that he's going to do 6 step overs and hit it at me regardless of if there's an opening or not. He's rightfully been dropped.
Not sure why you would think Wyke would be pissed off. He's struggled (understandably), for a couple of years now yet has still bagged a move to the league above.
Yep maybe Morrison will be disappointed not to be playing, but surely as a professional he's aware that happens. He's been great this season but could he really argue he would have been an improvement on Hughes, Kerr and especially Chambers tonight?
As Moonay says above, yes it can be hard to watch at times, but it's speed of execution rather than tactics and that is something that all the playing and coaching staff share responsibility to improve.

What a load of shit that was. Absolutely dire once again with next to no entertainment on offer. What on earth goes on in training all week to produce this yawn fest. Are our defenders getting paid by the pass? Everyone in front of them stands still and have no interest in finding space.

Marginally better second half, but not by much.

There were about ten blokes that said fuck it and left at half time. I know one of them, they went back to the pub. That’s how bad it’s becoming. I’m off to watch a national league tomorrow and expecting far more entertainment than I saw tonight.
Loads was walking down to the concourse with 15 minutes to go in the first half

I'm sure I must watch a different game to some on here. Don't get me wrong ... I'm not saying we played well tonight (first half especially) but "7 at the back"?! When we had the ball it was 3, but those in front just didn't find space ... either that, or we made poor passes to their players ... and apparently, both of those are down to the manager.

Of course the manager makes the selections, but he cant then be responsible for every pass they make ... or rather, don't make.

What the manager absolutely IS responsible for is the pace of the game. He's obviously told them to be patient, protect the ball, and work it around to find the opening. In the first half, we did this far too slowly, but the second half saw a marked improvement ... partially due to Thelo dropping a little deeper, picking it up earlier and far more frequently, and more or less becoming the playmaker we all want him to be.

We made some decent chances, and should really have won with Jonny Smith's late chance ... but, we didn't, and like I said earlier in the thread, a draw isn't disastrous ... regardless of what some might have us believe.

EDIT - Forgot to say ... well played Luke Chambers great game.
Got to say the second half was definitely an improvement on the first but there was a lot of huff and puff and at the end of the match we had two shots on target which isn't great.

Got to say the second half was definitely an improvement on the first but there was a lot of huff and puff and at the end of the match we had two shots on target which isn't great.
Shots on target aren't necessarily a good measure. The woodwork for example isn't on target, yet Jonny Smith's lame, tame shot is/was.

Charlie Hughes has in no way gone backwards. He's had a couple of poor games here and there but he's developed far more as a professional. The fact he can stay calm on the ball at his age and continue to look for movement when there's 6k people screaming at him is testament to that.
Matt Smith and Godo arrived here as academy lads. Their entire first team development has come under Maloney. Again, they've had some off games but that's to be expected at their age in their first full professional season. Those good performances were also down to our coaching staff and tactics.
Humphreys only has himself to blame. He has a free role that suits him but even I can work out that he's going to do 6 step overs and hit it at me regardless of if there's an opening or not. He's rightfully been dropped.
Not sure why you would think Wyke would be pissed off. He's struggled (understandably), for a couple of years now yet has still bagged a move to the league above.
Yep maybe Morrison will be disappointed not to be playing, but surely as a professional he's aware that happens. He's been great this season but could he really argue he would have been an improvement on Hughes, Kerr and especially Chambers tonight?
As Moonay says above, yes it can be hard to watch at times, but it's speed of execution rather than tactics and that is something that all the playing and coaching staff share responsibility to improve.
Get your facts correct please. Matt smith played a full season in league one at Doncaster and they got relegated

We’re do we start with that crap.
Good points.
1 nice bloke
2 crossed a ball and scored a memorable goal.
3 cheap as chips. 2nd choice after being sacked
Clearly bad points that need addressing soon
1 passing backwards and sideways will never work in league one
2 tactics for playing at home awful.
3 now turning good players Into crap players.
4 Charlie Hughes going backwards.
5 Matt Smith going backwards. Not the same player. To deep
6 pissed Humphrey’s off
7 pissed Wyke off.
8 Godo. Gone backwards
9 Watts disappeared
10 Morrison must be pissed off. One of the seasons better players
Nail on head.
11 The most boring football in Latics history.
12 Swapping and changing too much.

How the mighty have fallen a Wigan fan saying a good point against Cheltenham at home. Unbelievable

All about context. 9th in league without the deduction is excellent from a side starting the season coming out of admin. About right for a club of our size with our attendances. Top 3 Bolton Derby Portsmouth. All have double our average attemdance. Money talks end of day.