Southampton | Page 8 | Vital Football

Southampton

Well we ate now 4 points adrift from saints.

Byram had a poor game. Confidence will be low now against Sheffield United.

Now why couldn't we play like we did in 2nd half in the 1st???

I feel sorry for those NC fans who made the effort. Sadly the players only tried at half time onwards. I can't see us getting another point in the next 2 games, might be curtains by then. Mental.

Much better 2nd half but awful display generally, made soton look like a top team in first half. Wasted 45mins of the game snd gave soton 2-0 headstart. Thought tettey was good when he came on. Lacked any real cutting edge and still woeful at the back. Godfrey losing his marker is becoming annoyingly regular. Byram bad game today, shots at the end compounded his game. We needed another striker up top to chase a game like that. Onel hardly touched the ball bar last ten mins.

Why oh why didn't we play like that in 1st?

Tettey was very good. Stiepermann I'm.not sure what he did. Emi looked decent. Trybull poor, byram poor.

We just tried too much in their box.

Sheffield u will be tough and if the 1st half norwich turn up we will be fucked.

Get Tettey back in for trybull.
Emi for Cantwell

Yep Bears, Teabag actually made all the difference. His cutting passes right down the middle were causing Saints all sorts of problems and Pukki was loving it. We kept insisting on going wide too much and we just had no end product there ! We cross it in but we have no one to win the air balls. Saints were happy for us to run ourselves ragged doing that all night. Next game Teabag must start, Lewis to come back in from the awful Byram. Emi to start over Todd.

To my surprise, the ht subs actually helped us get back in the game! Pukki showed again that if given chances he will score, we’ve just got to get the ball to him. Sounds simple eh?! Buendia’s quick feet nearly made something happen and Byram had the chance to be a hero at the end but blew it. Sheffield Utd will be very tough, even tougher than last season.

Was the plan to contain in 1st half and attack in second? We went 2 down and yet df was signalling to go back be tight etc.

I think so Bears. But it's silly as we can't defend for toffee, we couldnt last season in Champ let alone this season in Prem. If we base any point of our game on our ability to keep it tight we're screwed. Our only chance is to outscore people - we don't have the defence to be shutting teams out and we didn't invest to change that.

Yeah united will be hard. I just can't see us beating them at this time. I would get Tettey and amadou in the middle with buendia infront of them.

Lewis back in maybe? Move McLean to the left and Hernandez right? It's tricky but I wish we could play a 4-4-2 at times.

Either way DF has to know United will be bloody tough and we have to have a better game plan than tonight.

Also saint have now got their GD down to the same as ours. Saints out of the relegation zone. And now we have a 3 point gap to make up on 18th and 4 points on 17th. I don't like that teams have a gap already.