Southampton | Page 10 | Vital Football

Southampton

Answer - get some strength into the team's midfield.
I really thought Leitner would do well in this league and would have been the player to get the assists for Pukki. Other teams who play the 4-2-3-1 have a forward in the number 10 role where we play a central midfielder or an attacking midfielder - Saints had Long in the number 10 role but he would change with Ings and that caused us all kinds of trouble. With McLean in the number 10 role, he drops back and is too far from Pukki but I do like him in the number 10 role more than a central midfielder, with Stiepermann in the number 10 he drifts to the left too much. I would like to see what Roberts can do just give him a go].

We must be the only team who signs players on loan and then refuse to ever play them. I honestly get shocked sometimes when I remember players we actually have. Heise at LB is always one that I forget even exists even when we had no options for Lewis cover. Surely that doesn't happen at other clubs?!

We must be the only team who signs players on loan and then refuse to ever play them. I honestly get shocked sometimes when I remember players we actually have. Heise at LB is always one that I forget even exists even when we had no options for Lewis cover. Surely that doesn't happen at other clubs?!

I wouldn't play Heise over Lewis because Lewis is the better player.

BTW we signed Bamford on loan and hardly played him.