Sounds a bit Ominous | Page 6 | Vital Football

Sounds a bit Ominous

Financial liability is either a fact or not. It's not a choice. Incompetence is no excuse. The loan matter started off last Nov. It's public knowledge. A little old man in Wigan can't be the only one to know. I tried to explain all this to you before. As regards telling them to sod off etc the EFL wouldn't agree. It's mandatory. NFL are a registered creditor. That's it - final.

I get the fact they're a creditor. My point was that I would rather not pay them anything whatsoever (if that's legal) and incur the EFL penalty of a 15 points deduction for the coming season.

Paying them can't be "mandatory" ....... otherwise, why have the penalty?

'congratulations Bicky you win the award for most incisive comment of the week'. Sarcastic dig - needless.

You have good analysis but let yourself down on silly things like that.

To be fair, I thought Pies' comment was sincere ..... agreeing with Bicky, having a pop at Whelan.

You wouldn't say it to my face keyboard warrior. Acting the big I am on here cause you know a few big words.
I'm afraid if anyone crosses my 'boundary'. Confrontation doesn't and has never worried me.

You make yourself sound very silly referring to me as using 'big words'.

The thing which is very worrying is that after I spent a lot of my time trying to provide insight and help, as I did with Bickymon your primary action come back at me with what seems a petulant adolescent comment. Whatever, I say to others is nothing to do with you. Why are you bothered? Don't tell me. Your part of the PC 'waiting to be offended brigade'. Best advice; swerve my posts.

I get the fact they're a creditor. My point was that I would rather not pay them anything whatsoever (if that's legal) and incur the EFL penalty of a 15 points deduction for the coming season.

Paying them can't be "mandatory" ....... otherwise, why have the penalty?

Here we go again - down the rabbit hole...

First, it's legal not to pay. But you are taking a subjective approach. The admin cannot go through a list and select those he likes etc. At the end of the process, he divides the proceeds of sale of assets equally. That's is the law in the UK

The 25p in the pound is manadtory as authoritatively ordered as per the EFL rules; it's obligatory; compulsory to avoid the penalty cited by the EFL

Thanks Pies. I suppose the question was:
- how do you term IEC a small loss making company, when the value of it's shares - or rather the "value regained" is how I think you put it - is circa £275m.? ......... unless that's deemed small. Fair enough if that's so.

For context though, your "End of the Pier" report said that the "the present stock market capitalisation (value) of IEC plc is £36.48 million".

If "market capitalisation value" is the number of shares multiplied by the price, then how does that equate to the circa £275m?
I'm not sure where the 36 million comes from but I think that's what Pies is referring to as IEC not having a lot of money, relatively speaking for running a Championship club.

I think the 275 million being regained is more to do with the fact that when IEC sold to NLF, the stock price (of IEC) rose which gave all the stockholders including Choi a much higher market value than when they owned Wigan. So on paper IEC if they sold all their shares to someone, that would be the total price? I'm not as on top of this stuff as someone like Pies but I think that is the difference.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=f...1440&bih=754#scso=_Z9k2X5OYL8Cg1fAPntuKoA01:0

Go on this link and sort the graph by 6 months and you can clearly see in June how much the stock rocketed up

If that was meant be be sincere and a compliment it comes accross condescending and sarcastic.
You need to take a good look at yourself.. it was a fucking joke. I have friends who have read it and Bickymon didn't take exception - just you.
Todays top tip; PLEASE STOP READING MY STUFF. if it upsets you. As soon as you see the big P - swerve it.