Sommat else | Vital Football

Sommat else

Kendal Blue

Vital Reserves Team
I've started this thread because I don't want my appreciation of Whatmough to be lost in the match day thread.

Who is the player that you thought was something else? Not your favourite (Jordi 🥰🥰🥰), but someone who was on another level that should have been leagues above than where we found ourselves at the time.

I'm throwing my hat in early saying Whatmough should be at a much higher level. I'm also expecting a lot of De Zeeuw, Dan Burn, Luis Antonio, Reece James votes (or Jordi), etc, but wondering what everyone else thinks. We've had a phenomenal amount of talent at this club and it makes me proud

Last edited:
Nick Powell. End of thread.

Cracking player, and I agree was way above out level at league one. Hardly a thread ender though. Tailed off in the Coyle/Rosler year, didnt pull up trees in the Caldwell years, but was stunning under Cook

Cracking player, and I agree was way above out level at league one. Hardly a thread ender though. Tailed off in the Coyle/Rosler year, didnt pull up trees in the Caldwell years, but was stunning under Cook
No, it's a thread ender. Form or attitude doesn't come into it, the fact is that he was the most naturally talented footballer we've ever had (if not then certainly in the top three), and we had him playing in League One!

Whatmough (how do you say it?) is class (closest thing to De Zeeuw I’ve seen), Keane has so much quality and if he keeps up his numbers he will be the next Powell if not better. We’ve got the makings of another squad with a few players who live in the memory. With all that’s happened over the last couple of years, this season could be something special.

Tony ‘the belly’ Kelly…..genius ….if he’d trained as hard as he supped , he could have been anything.

Went on to do great things with f******g B****n !!
…I can’t tell you how much that hurt

Whatmough (how do you say it?) is class (closest thing to De Zeeuw I’ve seen), Keane has so much quality and if he keeps up his numbers he will be the next Powell if not better. We’ve got the makings of another squad with a few players who live in the memory. With all that’s happened over the last couple of years, this season could be something special.
It's been a great start, but put the shandy down son.

Tony ‘the belly’ Kelly…..genius ….if he’d trained as hard as he supped , he could have been anything.

Went on to do great things with f******g B****n !!
…I can’t tell you how much that hurt
Our Zico. 😥

EDIT ...and to be fair, for a few games, Archie Gemmill bossed our centre circle (without ever moving out of it ! ). No

I was a big fan of David Thompson in the late 80’s, so much pace and played teams on his own at times. It never worked out for him after he left us though.