Something’s not right… | Vital Football

Something’s not right…

The journalist this chap references was a Mail one, Oliver Holt I think. From memory I think he criticised one of his Qatar articles suggesting it was borderline racist. No doubt it would have upset this virtue signalling idiot and I get the sense his mate is having a pop back. A ‘source’ suggesting players want to leave is most likely made up.

I’m less concerned this morning reading that than I was last night. That said I’d still like some clarity today. An explanation as to why they are late and measures taken to ensure no repeat. Bar the initial outlay, I can’t imagine our balance sheet since they took over is particularly concerning so perhaps it is just an issue with payments from a non UK bank so nothing to be worried about.

Players should come out to mock that statement regarding players not being happy, besides, it was the wage company that caused this mess, not the owners.

I think this is probably a molehill being made into a mountain. But the one concerning aspect to me is that the reporter from the obnoxious Daily Mail must have received the info about the late payment form somebody within the club. The basic fact about the day late payments have been confirmed by Mal Branigan, the rest is just tabloid journalism, but somebody, somewhere within WAFC must have contacted the journo.

I think this is probably a molehill being made into a mountain. But the one concerning aspect to me is that the reporter from the obnoxious Daily Mail must have received the info about the late payment form somebody within the club. The basic fact about the day late payments have been confirmed by Mal Branigan, the rest is just tabloid journalism, but somebody, somewhere within WAFC must have contacted the journo.

On Twitter I think the counterpoint to that is that he’s only created the Mail article after Mal Brannigan’s statement was published on line ….and so he ‘jumped in‘…..now whether that’s accurate or not ….dunno

If you believe anything in the Daily Mail, how gullible must you be?

Hang on a bit….whilst I’m also perfectly comfortable to have nothing but contempt for The Mail in general…..’even a broken clock‘ etc

I'm not saying that the story is completely valid …I genuinely don’t know but I can’t pretend that I didn’t immediately get the heeby jeebies when I saw the Brannigan article yesterday.

If you believe anything in the Daily Mail, how gullible must you be?

To be fair Brannigan has confirmed the wages have been late. Twice. So the essence of the article is correct. The stuff around ‘sources’ suggesting players want out is probably bollocks to create drama and the way it’s written tells me this bloke is upset Talal challenged his mates shit article.

It’s brazen attitudes like that which got us into the shit last time out. The warning signs were there and ignored. I won’t be caught out a second time.

So what is it you just expect to do or don't do ? There's F-all you can do either way.

It’s brazen attitudes like that which got us into the shit last time out. The warning signs were there and ignored. I won’t be caught out a second time.

There is well over 10m in the club accounts with a wage bill under 1m a month and debt free. A cash injection of 4.7m on top of the 7m solidarity payments and money already in the bank. More money to arrive this month with transfer installments from the 20+ or so sold players over the last few seasons. The Daily Mail is the biggest farce of a paper out there.

To be fair Brannigan has confirmed the wages have been late. Twice. So the essence of the article is correct. The stuff around ‘sources’ suggesting players want out is probably bollocks to create drama and the way it’s written tells me this bloke is upset Talal challenged his mates shit article.

That was the only bit of info they had as per Brannigans comments, the rest was just made up as a deliberate attack on the club. Suspect if we had English owners then they wouldnt even have ran the article.