So Who Do You Want As The New Manager....? | Page 2 | Vital Football

So Who Do You Want As The New Manager....?

Latest reports are that the delayed sacking of Bruce is down to not appointing a Director of Football yet

It makes perfect sense as the new director of football will be tasked with getting the new manager in

From reading between the lines I think the ratifying of the takeover took even pif by surprise. So with the club as ran under Ashley essentially being ran on a bare minimum of staff I'd say they're not really setup if Bruce and his cronies had just been binned immediately. Also if you're bringing in a sporting director to orchestrate the vision of the club for the short to long term future he would surely be the priority ahead of a manager. They've consulted figures associated with Newcastle such as Shearer and I wonder if they've then advised to give him a little longer. Wouldn't be my call and the danger of relegation is only increasing with every match he takes charge of .

Last edited:
Latest reports are that the delayed sacking of Bruce is down to not appointing a Director of Football yet

It makes perfect sense as the new director of football will be tasked with getting the new manager in
Whilst I get that Mac and you make a good point I still feel this is a total dampener that’s gonna go down like a hot cup of sick. What’s the point in keeping him on? Everyone wants him out; he’s an Ashley putz; completely disingenuous and- above all else- absolutely fucking crap. May as well put Jones in as caretaker, surely? It’s not like Bruce is gonna help us* get a result on Sunday so what’s the difference?

As for penfold still there - again- disappointing to say the least.

* nice to say that again, at least

I wonder if from their point of view they may be thankfull of the job Bruce has done over the past couple of seasons

I certainly don't think they share the same desperation as the fans

Personally I think the need to get Wilson playing games is of more importance than rushing Bruce out of the club

I wonder if from their point of view they may be thankfull of the job Bruce has done over the past couple of seasons

I certainly don't think they share the same desperation as the fans

Personally I think the need to get Wilson playing games is of more importance than rushing Bruce out of the club
I just want everything out of the club at the earliest juncture to do with Ashley. Clearly they don’t share the same view. Overall, and all things considered, I just think it’s best to cut ties with him and be done myself - that’s all. He’s not going to be here next season any way you slice it, and, as he can only negatively impact on the game on Sunday and any future games, I don’t see the point in giving him a stay of execution. But hey ho - let’s hear what’s to be said at this press conference tomorrow I suppose, and get the low down hopefully regarding the immediate future.

Ashley has run the club down as much as possible whilst the 'for sale' sign has been up. Even before that the lack of just the basic maintenance has been neglected. This is a problem throughout the club that will put off potential managers, players and integral personnel like DOF who will give it a sidestep for now. There is so much to be done behind the scenes we want to hope we are not cut adrift by Xmas. Good luck in the managerial selection, what you wish for sometimes is a step too far.

Too many people involved in the decision making hence the delay. Staveley seems to have been impressed by Bruce unfortunately. How does he need thanking for keeping us up, its his job, they should be more concerned about his abysmal record, meanwhile we sink further into the relegation zone. Have they actually interviewed anyone yet for any of the positions?

Get the impression that they were completed blindsided by the speed that the takeover happened. Also makes me wonder if they're struggling to get anyone. Are the powers that be in the Premier league sticking a spanner in the works perhaps. Alternatively they may well actually just be doing a proper job and getting who they want. Which is of course a very un-nufc thing to do

"How does he need thanking for keeping us up"

Maybe Staveley listened to the doom merchants who confidently predicted we were going down last season, and thought a 12 placed finish was worth a pat on the back under the circumstances.

& maybe people forget that now's the time to remind ourselves that fatty doesn't exist anymore! he's just a dark history & bruce will be too. Ower the Fells on Sunday & will miss the party. MOTD on Sunday night in some B & B in Cockermouth.Need 3points & a bit of patience. Be good to hope we hammer the opposition for the first time in a while,a few of us became bitter & twisted, he's fkn gone. That's worth celebrating!

& maybe people forget that now's the time to remind ourselves that fatty doesn't exist anymore! he's just a dark history & bruce will be too. Ower the Fells on Sunday & will miss the party. MOTD on Sunday night in some B & B in Cockermouth.Need 3points & a bit of patience. Be good to hope we hammer the opposition for the first time in a while,a few of us became bitter & twisted, he's fkn gone. That's worth celebrating!
I can't get my head round it Ry.
Juergen Klopp yesterday publicly stated that we are the new super power , meanwhile our fans are stressing about Bruce being in the dugout against Spurs :grinning:

Most of these Managers in the top league that get sacked walk away with a huge payoiut and in a lot of cases become instant millionaires, if they are not already. Part of the price of this money is to get flack if results are poor.As for the Coaches under Bruce, money for old rope imo as they do not appear to have done much. Various mates of Bruce saying he is a good Manager as he would have been in charge for 1000 games is pure nonsense. His results are tell the real story and there are plenty of clubs out there prepared to give journeyman Managers a job.
I think the owners need to start making appointments as we are in danger of sinking further into a relegation battle which may be very difficult to get out of come January