So who do you want as new boss? | Page 36 | Vital Football

So who do you want as new boss?

Who next for Gills got seat

• Total voters
“ I don't know nothing.” This is double negative. Try not to use it. It is sort of a slang and usually used by less educated people. If you think mathematically, double negative should be positive, so “ I don't know nothing” should mean “ I know something.” But that is not the case either.
?????
Think you forgot to put your glasses on Chris. You really don't like Darcey do you?

Think you forgot to put your glasses on Chris. You really don't like Darcey do you?
Actually I just don't like Crawley.I think Darcey might well know more than he is able to say .It does make sense he would have a chance at very least .My previous post was copied from Google.
I know nothing.Means nothing.
I think if Lindsey was out of the running weeks ago he probably would have made that public.
Starting to wonder if he might get the Gills job with Holden moving to Crawley.

Actually I just don't like Crawley.I think Darcey might well know more than he is able to say .It does make sense he would have a chance at very least .My previous post was copied from Google.
I know nothing.Means nothing.
I think if Lindsey was out of the running weeks ago he probably would have made that public.
Starting to wonder if he might get the Gills job with Holden moving to Crawley.
Chris, are you a fan of Rodriguez by any chance?

Being a football manager is a very thankless job (salary aside). Most are available because they have been sacked and have fans howling about all the mistakes they made. In a normal career progression you move on to different companies with a perfect CV and excellent references. Smoke and mirrors all round really.
Unless you are a young coach under a top manager you are always having to counter historic criticism. 100% support for whoever we appoint from me.

What are we thinking then - potential announcement between today and Friday?

Also starting to think it might be Lindsay.
Thursday is the most logical day of it is this week.The players are off today so a ideal day to complete a deal .But you can't make a announcement until the players and staff are told.
So that logically would be Thursday.On that basis I reckon about 1 to 2pm assuming they train tomorrow or it would be Friday if they don't.

Thursday is the most logical day of it is this week.The players are off today so a ideal day to complete a deal .But you can't make a announcement until the players and staff are told.
So that logically would be Thursday.On that basis I reckon about 1 to 2pm assuming they train tomorrow or it would be Friday if they don't.

You may well be right Chris. But I can’t see why a manager can’t be announced today. Players could be simply phoned and told, or not. No issue. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard new managers interviewed saying “I’ll meet the players tomorrow”. It’s not a given they have to be around and meet the new man before he's announced to the public.

In fact, it would be pretty hard to keep it a secret for a day if he’s been chosen, and a day later all the players are called in for a meeting first.

I’ll be hoping for something announced today and the players having 2 full training days of input from the new coach. But not holding my breath.

Dean Holden's odds have been slashed to be the next Bradford boss after an article published by the I newspaper stating he's in the running for their job.

You may well be right Chris. But I can’t see why a manager can’t be announced today. Players could be simply phoned and told, or not. No issue. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard new managers interviewed saying “I’ll meet the players tomorrow”. It’s not a given they have to be around and meet the new man before he's announced to the public.

In fact, it would be pretty hard to keep it a secret for a day if he’s been chosen, and a day later all the players are called in for a meeting first.

I’ll be hoping for something announced today and the players having 2 full training days of input from the new coach. But not holding my breath.
Going by Shannon’s tweet last night, I’m not sure they’ve made a final decision yet.
They were meant to be meeting shortlisted candidates this week, so after flying in on Monday, perhaps met 1 or 2 yesterday and the same today before deciding who gets the role?

Tomorrow is the most logical day to do it. I think todays is too soon and tmw gives the new manager and the players Friday to prepare for Saturday

Going by Shannon’s tweet last night, I’m not sure they’ve made a final decision yet.
They were meant to be meeting shortlisted candidates this week, so after flying in on Monday, perhaps met 1 or 2 yesterday and the same today before deciding who gets the role?

Think she said “making some decisions”. Sounded to me like they’d interviewed everyone and will now make the decision.

Who knows 🤷‍♂️

Well the press conference for Newport will be tomorrow afternoon, if it’s Keith Millen taking the questions I’m sure he’ll be asked about it, unless we have an announcement before then of course.

The process is quite interesting with the interviewing here.

In football I assumed it was more of head hunting process. The club identify their first choice candidate and go for him. If that fails they go to the next best one. The interviewing being a bit of checking everyone is happy and rubber stamping.

Instead are we going with whoever impresses Brad (who still won’t know not a lot about football ) on the day?

Last edited:
In the early years Scally used to interview the field, was always talking about CVs and had tales about people he’d interviewed, for some reason one about Dave Bassett giving a breakdown of our then squad and saying it was way too old on average sticks in my mind. In later years he seemed to draft a mate back in or have someone lurking in the stands for a week or two before the decision was confirmed.

While I’d like a new face in ASAP I like the approach being taken, properly size the field and a clear desire for a more attacking approach to judge people against.

I am still hoping for bruce or colin lol.

How do know for sure that there are any interviews or that any being done are just for show because we have already been tapping up a currently employed manager innit?

I am surprised that since BG flew over earlier this week, nobody has been hanging around close to the ground, or the Queens Head if they can find it, reporting sightings of recognisable applicants.

Disappointing.

I am surprised that since BG flew over earlier this week, nobody has been hanging around close to the ground, or the Queens Head if they can find it, reporting sightings of recognisable applicants.

Disappointing.
Ah but they have been, staked out night and day.

Unfortunately Brad and the management team have been undertaking interviews at a hotel just outside Meopham

Steve Bruce flew back from his villa in Portugal on Sunday.

Chatted to him at Faro, he was sociable as normal but nothing more, said he was flying back as the weather in Portugal had changed (very true, it was hissing it down)