So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in? | Page 8 | Vital Football

So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on how soon it will be before Heaton is fit again, I would be tempted to ask AC Milan to provide another 6 months at least on the loan of Pepe Reina. He has shown some good organisation for the defence since his howler against Leicester. Nyland is not really the one to fill the gap until Heaton returns and Reina does have loads of experience and does seem to have an affinity with the club.

There is a whisper that he may be back. After this, why not?

Give your head a wobble.
You sent me an email for saying this once advising me of my conduct 🤣

The forum doesn't need the mods at each other.....where's JPA when you need him.

We survived, we need to progress, we await the owners next move (and dream of success)

Don't wish to piss on any parade but I think a some might need to temper their expectations as to our transfer business.

The transfer window , seasons, finances and in fact the whole world is out of routine due to the pandemic. I don't expect a run of the mill window . I think it will be incredibly difficult to get exactly what the fans and the club want or expect.

It will be the same for all clubs.

Good point, not forgetting that we are dealing with people even if they are highly paid. There’s a shortened window (I assume), players haven’t had holidays or time with family, then you’re asking them to move geographically or potentially into a new country - during a pandemic and what could be a situation with new lockdowns. It might be players want to sign but not move geographically, then they’re a couple of hours from Bodymoor.

At the opposite end of the age spectrum, my grandson, Aaron, currently at Brighton, has plenty of potential.

You're related to Aaron Connelly? He really impressed me when we visited Brighton in the League Cup and wasn't at all surprised he made an impact on the league soon after (v Spurs if I recall).

He isn't what we need now but is doing what Keinan should be doing for us - impressing in cameo appearances, putting a shift in when given a start and finding the back of the net on occasion too.

It looks as if he's now beginning to jump over Murray in the pecking order down there.

You sent me an email for saying this once advising me of my conduct 🤣

The forum doesn't need the mods at each other.....where's JPA when you need him.

We survived, we need to progress, we await the owners next move (and dream of success)

Not at each others throats mate, I've been busy so kept to light threads today that I didn't really need to follow, hence my delay in coming back here.

I accidentally overstepped, comments I meant as jokes to keep things light didn't read as jokes when I read this thread back this morning so I got JF's position and that was my mistake - the debate remains true and there are valid points - but some comments were significantly out of order and when I realised I quickly apologised.

This is me doing the same in public, in effect.

We're all big boys, some of us just aren't bald.

I’d definitely be interested in Mitrovic.
I didn’t realise he was 25, I thought he was closer to 30 for some reason.

Getting Tammy and Mitro would be very good but I don’t really see that happening!

You're related to Aaron Connelly? He really impressed me when we visited Brighton in the League Cup and wasn't at all surprised he made an impact on the league soon after (v Spurs if I recall).

He isn't what we need now but is doing what Keinan should be doing for us - impressing in cameo appearances, putting a shift in when given a start and finding the back of the net on occasion too.

It looks as if he's now beginning to jump over Murray in the pecking order down there.

No, I was being my flippant self although I do have a grandson called Aaron.

I’d definitely be interested in Mitrovic.
I didn’t realise he was 25, I thought he was closer to 30 for some reason.

Getting Tammy and Mitro would be very good but I don’t really see that happening!

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! :rocker:

It may just be paper talk, but we are linked with a £33 million striker (Rashica) who scored 8 goals and just avoided relegation in Germany. The others are £20 million from the Championship. Anyone see a familiar pattern emerging?

It may just be paper talk, but we are linked with a £33 million striker (Rashica) who scored 8 goals and just avoided relegation in Germany. The others are £20 million from the Championship. Anyone see a familiar pattern emerging?
Yes, a pattern of the media making up lots of rumours in the hope that one of them comes true and they can claim credit.

We were linked with him a while back, sounds as impressive as a Joelinton or Haller

Other teams will up the prices, as they did last summer. I don't think we'll pay over the odds, or only in exceptional cases. £20m for Championship players? Nope. In general, buying Championship players is even worse than buying relegated PL players.

I'd look for players from the Spanish and French, and maybe even Italian, leagues, where clubs have a lot of financial troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.