So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 169 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Right so nobodies going after the buildings then? Agreed.

The statue was targeted legitimately. Cheers!

As for Hadrian’s Wall it’s just another attempt at whataboutery. It is again a false equivalence.
If thats what you want to believe Rich then thats up to you. Cant see how an ancient statue taken down in that way is legitimate. That would be down to the Local Authority in Bristol who unbelievably have left it there for this long.

Really don’t know what you’re trying to get at.

people protested, pulled down a statue of a slave owner. Shouldn’t have been there in the first place.

When that argument falls down you switch the convo to riots in London and how the police didn’t want to intrude?

Is it the protesting you don’t like or the statue being pulled down?probably a good time to make your mind up.

I agree with both protesting and creating history (by pulling down the statue).

But these views shouldn’t be extraordinary. The statue should never have been there in 2020.

Of course I’m not anti police or anti government. But when a government fails to do its job then you can expect things like this to happen.

You are spectacularly missing the point...nobody can disagree that the statue should have been removed years ago by the ( Labour ) council but this is just mob rule. So if a right wing mob got together they could turn up at Corbyn's gaff and burn him out ?... or a left wing mob burn all the Wetherspoons down because they dont agree with the owners stance on Brexit ? Ofcourse not.

What that lot did in Bristol was provide a perfect excuse for the silent majority to turn their backs on the whole thing. They have fucked up again because they always do.....nobody wants to be associated with this rag tag army of dickheads.

If thats what you want to believe Rich then thats up to you. Cant see how an ancient statue taken down in that way is legitimate. That would be down to the Local Authority in Bristol who unbelievably have left it there for this long.
I said it was targeted legitimately. Not that it was taken down legitimately. Get it right.

You are spectacularly missing the point...nobody can disagree that the statue should have been removed years ago by the ( Labour ) council but this is just mob rule. So if a right wing mob got together they could turn up at Corbyn's gaff and burn him out ?... or a left wing mob burn all the Wetherspoons down because they dont agree with the owners stance on Brexit ? Ofcourse not.

What that lot did in Bristol was provide a perfect excuse for the silent majority to turn their backs on the whole thing. They have fucked up again because they always do.....nobody wants to be associated with this rag tag army of dickheads.
Missing the point yet you overlook the backlash that has been recieved to any notion of it being taken down by the opposing Tory councillors and many protests and petitions have been ignored. Don't get it twisted.

They created history yesterday whether you like it or not and in the next few years we will see this as a watershed moment in our education of the Empire and its effects. The following generations will benefit greatly from this.

Right so nobodies going after the buildings then? Agreed.

The statue was targeted legitimately. Cheers!

As for Hadrian’s Wall it’s just another attempt at whataboutery. It is again a false equivalence.

'The statue was targeted legitimately. Cheers! -

Targeted = an object of attack.
Legitimately = in a way that conforms to law or rules.
What utter nonsense you are speaking. If the statue was targeted legitimately then it raises a few questions!!!
1. So this so called peaceful protest already had the intention to cause damage.
2. How does vandalism conform to laws or rules?
3. If any of the so called protesters had got injured pulling down the statue who would have been held responsible?
4. What about potential pollution to the water ways?
5. For a so called peace loving person how can you condone vandalism?
6. If the said statue is so abhorrent, causes so much discontent then why not apply through the proper channels to have it removed....you know through the courts, laws, discussion with relevant parties!!!

If everyone just stopped going on about what skin colour/religion etc they are it wouldn’t cause all the bloody arguments. We all have a name, that’s how we should be identified.
This BLM movement will do nothing but incite more trouble. Granted some were out to protest peacefully, they’ve hardly picked the best time to do it in the middle of a pandemic though. Others have joined the protest and have their own racist/extreme views and are trying to blame and take their anger out on completely innocent people. A colleague said to me today, if Asian people had done something similar they’d be labelled terrorists and if white people did it they’d be labelled racists. Everyone matters, the whole thing has just gone too bloody far and needs to stop.

If you want a statue removing then start a petition, don’t tear it down. The idiot who wrote graffiti all over the Churchill statue clearly has no idea what the man did and stood for during a horrible time for the world.

people protested, pulled down a statue of a slave owner. Shouldn’t have been there in the first place.

When that argument falls down you switch the convo to riots in London and how the police didn’t want to intrude?

Is it the protesting you don’t like or the statue being pulled down?probably a good time to make your mind up.

But these views shouldn’t be extraordinary. The statue should never have been there in 2020.

Of course I’m not anti police or anti government. But when a government fails to do its job then you can expect things like this to happen.
Now in the context we are discussing , which government did not do their job. I agree the present one slipped up because the protests and marches should not have taken place because they involved greater groups than six in a public place. On Colson both Tory and Labour governments have been in power whilst that statue has stood. Do you mean the government didnt do its job because they didnt have enough police on the streets or even armed services so thats why you expected this to happen. I wouldnt expect violence and vanalism to occur at all in a peaceful demo.
See in Plymouth the local lads stood guard over the war memorial. Maybe the behaviour of a few is prompting this action. Those lot werent 2metres apart either.

'Really don't know what your trying to get at '....
Protests should not have been allowed to go ahead be that in Bristol, London, Manchester or anywhere else...social distancing etc, the usual rent a mob crew in attendance causing trouble.
You'll be one of the first to complain if we have a 2nd virus spike whilst berating government failings. Oh n not wishing any ill will, wonder if you'd be of the same feeling if one of your family / friends were injured in said 'peacful' protests.

As to my switch to 'riots in London'.......they're all linked, violence & disorder in all of the so called 'peaceful protests'.

"Of course I’m not anti police or anti government. But when a government fails to do its job then you can expect things like this to happen."

It looks looks like momemtum have finally got over Jeremy Corbyn's humiliation at the 2019 general election and relaunched themselves.

no doubt richymac you do not agree with your leader Sir Keir Starmer comments on the vandalism.

Missing the point yet you overlook the backlash that has been recieved to any notion of it being taken down by the opposing Tory councillors and many protests and petitions have been ignored. Don't get it twisted.

They created history yesterday whether you like it or not and in the next few years we will see this as a watershed moment in our education of the Empire and its effects. The following generations will benefit greatly from this.
Attempts have been made for years to remove Coulston stuff from Bristol.
Petitions etc.
Seems like there was local political resistance from establishment figures. As reported on local TV news down here.

Now what about:
Clive of India
The lady who supported apartheid and called Mandela a terrorist
Cromwell for what he did in Ireland
That bloke who thought India's population to be unimportant during the partition

Last edited:
My Mum had a bit of a cough over the end of last week and the weekend. My sister's a nurse, and thought it worth getting my Mum a Covid test ....... just as a precaution.

She went online and tried to order one from the Gov.UK website. She was on her phone and when she'd got to the end of the application process, and found she had a problem (it couldn't confirm my mum's identity) she asked me to do it on the laptop.

I did.......but had the same problem. The last step was an identity check via "Transunion". I also got the same problem........it couldn't confirm my mum's identity. I thought nowt about it, and booked a drive in test instead. (The test was at the old Tuson College site in Preston, so no too far away .......really well organised, quick and easy). So test booked and undertaken yesterday, and results through today - negative. Excellent.

However, today, I've seen a few posts share on "you know where", saying that Transunion is actually a Credit Report company. So, I checked ...... yep. WTF? I've absolutely no idea why neither me nor my sister had the problem with the "data check" (NI number was the key data element), but why the hell is a Credit Company involved in the verification process?

It wasn't a problem to nip up the M6 with my Mum, though it did put her at unnecessary risk, being in the car, not socially distanced.....though I did wear a facemask (I felt like bloody Dick Turpin), but it shouldn't have been necessary.....if we could ordered one to be delivered directly. As it happens, going there, getting it done, and getting the results so quickly was probably a better option in the end ........ but that's not really the point.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Now in the context we are discussing , which government did not do their job. I agree the present one slipped up because the protests and marches should not have taken place because they involved greater groups than six in a public place. On Colson both Tory and Labour governments have been in power whilst that statue has stood. Do you mean the government didnt do its job because they didnt have enough police on the streets or even armed services so thats why you expected this to happen. I wouldnt expect violence and vanalism to occur at all in a peaceful demo.
See in Plymouth the local lads stood guard over the war memorial. Maybe the behaviour of a few is prompting this action. Those lot werent 2metres apart either.
What are you talking about? You're conflating your argument. Clutching at straws.

What's the difference Richy?

Having been "targetted", what were they going to do, if not take it down?
Targetted as a statue that should be in a museum, not on the streets. The cries weren't listened to by the people in charge. So the people took it into their own hands. Simple.

If Colston is such a great guy they won't struggle putting a replacement up?

"Of course I’m not anti police or anti government. But when a government fails to do its job then you can expect things like this to happen."

It looks looks like momemtum have finally got over Jeremy Corbyn's humiliation at the 2019 general election and relaunched themselves.

no doubt richymac you do not agree with your leader Sir Keir Starmer comments on the vandalism.
Don't know what you're on about haven't voted Labour at the past two GE's. Because of Corbyn. Next.

Starmer said it shouldn't have been there but they should have done it in a different fashion. That would be my stance ordinarily. But the protests for years were buried and overlooked. So the people took action.

Could say they were following through with the Brexit message of "taking back control"

Targetted as a statue that should be in a museum, not on the streets. The cries weren't listened to by the people in charge. So the people took it into their own hands. Simple.
So are you saying it was taken down illegitimately then?

Just trying to understand your comment to Jeff's Right.