So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 156 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Kuenssberg was in Johnson's pocket all during the election.........also, remember the "sources say" tweets when the Cummings story broke? Direct line to DC. No doubt on which side her bread's buttered.

As for Neil, it's hardly his fault if Johnson was too chickenshit to turn up for an interview. All the other leaders had had new one ripped ........ why shouldn't he do it to the empty chair.

Sneering Laura was anything but in Johnsons pocket IMO - her bosses wouldn't allow it - and the way she looks at SKS with puppy eyes means she's running you close as his #1 fan
Also to clarify I was not criticising Neil for empty chair rant quite the opposite.
The fact that he ripped everyone a new one is to be applauded as it was a balanced approach. The kind of approach of balanxe that his other BBC colleagues should take note of

He was challenged about it by journalists in April. However, he didn't/wouldn't respond, so I guess they had to build their case .................. no point going ahead with a story until they knew they had the relevant evidence.
;)
Or the time for maximum exposure arrived post covid peak ! Wouldn't want the impact diluting 🤔

That'll be Laura (from a long line of Labour supporters and in the case of her dad doners) Kuenessberg would it ?
As for Neil IMO he's the best of the bunch or have you forgotten his empty chairing rant against the PM during the election as well ?

Well aware of her connections. Which is what made me more surprised she was a Tory. Dan Hodges the Tory who writes for Daily Mail is the son of a former Labour politician.

Just because a parent had certain views doesn't necessarily mean your child will adopt those.

Sneering Laura was anything but in Johnsons pocket IMO - her bosses wouldn't allow it - and the way she looks at SKS with puppy eyes means she's running you close as his #1 fan
Also to clarify I was not criticising Neil for empty chair rant quite the opposite.
The fact that he ripped everyone a new one is to be applauded as it was a balanced approach. The kind of approach of balanxe that his other BBC colleagues should take note of

Of course she was. she went on tour with him. She did the documentary with him. She's just had to be defended by the BBC for sending out those tweets (from "sources") that defended Cummings.

Re Neil....... ah, OK, fair enough.

Also, to those accusing the BBC top brass of being too liberal, full of lefties, pushing bias against the government, needing reform etc, let's just remember that they've immediately capitulated to a whinge from No 10.

Well aware of her connections. Which is what made me more surprised she was a Tory. Dan Hodges the Tory who writes for Daily Mail is the son of a former Labour politician.

Just because a parent had certain views doesn't necessarily mean your child will adopt those.
Maybe not but it's a reasonable conclusion to arrive at.
And her fawning around SKS ?

Or the time for maximum exposure arrived post covid peak ! Wouldn't want the impact diluting 🤔

......or ........ they were very responsible and didn't want to distract from what was a very serious and worrying time.

Always two sides mate, always.
;)

Of course she was. she went on tour with him. She did the documentary with him. She's just had to be defended by the BBC for sending out those tweets (from "sources") that defended Cummings.

Re Neil....... ah, OK, fair enough.

Also, to those accusing the BBC top brass of being too liberal, full of lefties, pushing bias against the government, needing reform etc, let's just remember that they've immediately capitulated to a whinge from No 10.
Don't think Lord Hall read that memo.
These lefties that inhabit the BBC current affairs and news managements are on notice that they need to deliver the charter requirements they are bricking it as most wouldn't last 5 minutes in the commercial broadcasting arena.
The giant of interviewing John Humphries called this lefty bias out following his retirement last year once he was able to "speak freely" without the yoke of BBC management hanging over him.
The BBC sadly resembles Animal Farm

......or ........ they were very responsible and didn't want to distract from what was a very serious and worrying time.

Always two sides mate, always.
;)
Agreed but you would need to believe in fairies to believe it was about being responsible rather than for maximum "scoop" impact, exposure and kudos.
It's the MSM not the brownies 😉

Nice to see she’s been replaced for this evening show.

And that little shit Jones is outraged by it.
I must admit, seeing him outraged is one of life's little pleasures at the moment.

When This wee was still going, I don't know who I enjoyed Neil roasting the most ...... Owen, or that jumped up little racist creep Shapiro form the States .

Different politics, same pleasure.

Not just a labour politician but Dame Glenda Jackson

Agreed but you would need to believe in fairies to believe it was about being responsible rather than for maximum "scoop" impact, exposure and kudos.
It's the MSM not the brownies 😉

Hearing Johnson today go on about "false allegations", and then fail to name a single one was just embarrassing.

The only false "allegation" was the second trip ........ which was only rumour and not offered as a proper allegation.

I've seen a fascinating breakdown of Cummings's story, (by David Allen Green from the FT) literally going through it word by word, and as you might expect, he reckons it was absolutely put together by lawyers. He compares it to a witness statement in a trial, aiming to rebut every possible angle of attack.

That's why though each point is covered, the actual story just doesn't read fully true. Part rebuttal, and part narrative. It's a little tedious, but it's up on the FT site.

Hearing Johnson today go on about "false allegations", and then fail to name a single one was just embarrassing.

The only false "allegation" was the second trip ........ which was only rumour and not offered as a proper allegation.

I've seen a fascinating breakdown of Cummings's story, (by David Allen Green from the FT) literally going through it word by word, and as you might expect, he reckons it was absolutely put together by lawyers. He compares it to a witness statement in a trial, aiming to rebut every possible angle of attack.

That's why though each point is covered, the actual story just doesn't read fully true. Part rebuttal, and part narrative. It's a little tedious, but it's up on the FT site.
I was under the impression you didn't subscribe to the FT sir.......?
As for Cummings as you know I'm with you on this one.
As for Maitlis I agree with what she said / read (again makes a change) though without any "balance" to the argument it's by definition biased and against the raison d'etre of the BBC by charter.
She either wrote the piece herself and if so is bang to rights and is correctly benched accordingly or she read someone else's "view" from autocue if so she's been thrown under the bus.

Interestingly just recieved a letter from my kids primary school advising that school will remain closed with exception of key workers kids.
Apparently because Lancashire doesn't meet the 5 criteria set out by the govt.
Whilst individual schools are "responsible" for making the decision Lancashire county council are "supporting" any schools who refuse to re-open.
It's taken the educators at our school literally moments to vote themselves further time away from work (on a rota basis obvs😉)
That would be Labour run Lancashire county council - quelle surprise !

I was under the impression you didn't subscribe to the FT sir.......?
As for Cummings as you know I'm with you on this one.
As for Maitlis I agree with what she said / read (again makes a change) though without any "balance" to the argument it's by definition biased and against the raison d'etre of the BBC by charter.
She either wrote the piece herself and if so is bang to rights and is correctly benched accordingly or she read someone else's "view" from autocue if so she's been thrown under the bus.

I don't, but there was a link from twitter ......... and it played fine. Don't say I didn't warn you ......his voice is a bit nasal too! https://www.ft.com/video/e82b5a00-3ad5-4d2c-9703-ff14942aa5b1

I've watched Maitlis again, and it's like the BBC statement said. Part was fact, but part was editorially nuanced .......and they should have said that. That said, I'm not sure what balance they could have offered ......especially when No 10 won't send anyone for interview. The only "non factual" thing she said was in relation to Johnson's "blind loyalty", which is (I suppose) opinion .......even though it's proving to be factual too.

The Editor has denied she's been benched, as has Razzle, her replacement, indicating it's just rotation. I expect they'll lead off with summat on it.

I don't, but there was a link from twitter ......... and it played fine. Don't say I didn't warn you ......his voice is a bit nasal too! https://www.ft.com/video/e82b5a00-3ad5-4d2c-9703-ff14942aa5b1

I've watched Maitlis again, and it's like the BBC statement said. Part was fact, but part was editorially nuanced .......and they should have said that. That said, I'm not sure what balance they could have offered ......especially when No 10 won't send anyone for interview. The only "non factual" thing she said was in relation to Johnson's "blind loyalty", which is (I suppose) opinion .......even though it's proving to be factual too.

The Editor has denied she's been benched, as has Razzle, her replacement, indicating it's just rotation. I expect they'll lead off with summat on it.
It is opinion - the blind loyalty bit- no question.
Also Maitlis signed off last nights programme with "I'll be back tomorrow" so unless she's got her shift pattern mixed up someone's telling porkies here !