So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 151 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Hampton, I'm quite capable of distinguishing between separate remarks made by an individual .............. whether they're ones I'd normally agree with or not.

For example, I disagree with you on many things, but we seem to find ourselves allies in condemning Cummings' actions.

It's not necessary to hate everything that a person you don't like says.
I think you will find it is myself who has aligned with your general view on DC rather than the other way around which kind of negates your point 😉.
I would agree that some folk - the donkey mon and Mr Tusk for example have never done or said anything i could agree with or support - I don't hate anyone (well maybe the first Mrs Hampton) - dislike a few absolutely.

So you agree then he did nothing wrong if you accept there was a technicality 👍

Why do you persist with "nothing wrong"?

1. Went back into work after believing his wife to have shown Covid symptoms.
2. Travelled "proactively", as a precaution ........ not as an emergency, or under "exceptional circumstances".
3. Drove to the hospital whilst he was supposed to be in isolation.
4. Drove to Barnard Castle, not for exercise (which was still forbidden anyway).
5. Drove whilst his eyesight may not have been up to standard (though I'll grant you, this is speculation on my part).

He did wrong, there's no doubting that. Even if you insist the travelling to Durham was justified, (and argue that he had no other option but to go to the hospital), the return to work before he went away was stupid, and the Barnard Castle stuff is simply a lie.

At least stick to your original Barnard Castle line.

I'm not about to get into a Moonay /MiW all nighter on this by delving into granular detail.
We disagree - fair enough.
You stay on your side of the fence wi Dom the PM and the whipped members of the cabinet, I'll stay on mine with pretty much the rest of the country and Moonay can sit on top of it 😉

No stamina some people. ;)

God forbid anyone should accuse me of sitting on the fence on this one though!

B
Don't be so sanctimonius. How is that virtue signalling. He may or may not have known about Cummings' Uncle, but that's irrelevant anyway.

As for your condescension toward the people of Moray, don't make yourself look silly.

Because his reasoning is bollocks. He said he listened to his account - but conveniently forgets the bit about his uncle. A bit like those gullible folk of Moray.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

I know you’re not keen on facts

ell that's certainly your "go to" defence.

It not a defence. Just the truth. Which you don’t like as it shines a spotlight on your faux outrage.

I think you will find it is myself who has aligned with your general view on DC rather than the other way around which kind of negates your point 😉..

With regard to DC, I simply said that we appeared to be allies ...... I didn't suggest who had aligned with whom ............... but I'll let you have it your way ....... .

I would agree that some folk - the donkey mon and Mr Tusk for example have never done or said anything i could agree with or support - I don't hate anyone (well maybe the first Mrs Hampton) - dislike a few absolutely.

I just found his statement funny .......... though I fully admit (and it's no secret) that it does match my own view. ;)

Why do you persist with "nothing wrong"?

1. Went back into work after believing his wife to have shown Covid symptoms.
2. Travelled "proactively", as a precaution ........ not as an emergency, or under "exceptional circumstances".
3. Drove to the hospital whilst he was supposed to be in isolation.
4. Drove to Barnard Castle, not for exercise (which was still forbidden anyway).
5. Drove whilst his eyesight may not have been up to standard (though I'll grant you, this is speculation on my part).

He did wrong, there's no doubting that. Even if you insist the travelling to Durham was justified, (and argue that he had no other option but to go to the hospital), the return to work before he went away was stupid, and the Barnard Castle stuff is simply a lie.

At least stick to your original Barnard Castle line.

I tell you what, i’ll stop repeating it if you stop in repeating lies.

Matt Hancock shutting down Peston was just quality 👏👏👏

I thought Hancock looked shaken for most of that. His response to the Vicar re the fines was bloody stupid ....... but I suppose he'd no option given that they're virtually changing the law to accommodate Cummings.

I tell you what, i’ll stop repeating it if you stop in repeating lies.
???
Which lies? If you go back to saying that his wife wasn't ill when they set off, then you can't justify the travel for "childcare purposes".

I don't mind which way you have it, but you can't have both.

???
Which lies? If you go back to saying that his wife wasn't ill when they set off, then you can't justify the travel for "childcare purposes".

I don't mind which way you have it, but you can't have both.

Point 1 you raised. You’ve been told several times that no he didn’t. His account, not my interpretation. I stopped reading at that.

I thought he was very composed.
Just goes to show ....... we all see things differently. What about the review of the fines? Also, no second questions, and as soon as he could, he was off like a shot.

Not too happy about defending Cummings all over again I reckon.

I thought Hancock looked shaken for most of that. His response to the Vicar re the fines was bloody stupid ....... but I suppose he'd no option given that they're virtually changing the law to accommodate Cummings.
Credit where it's due Moonay 😉
Hancock schooled Peston to the delight of most people 👏😁

Point 1 you raised. You’ve been told several times that no he didn’t. His account, not my interpretation. I stopped reading at that.
Right ....... I've just listened to the first 5 mins of that interview all over again!

So:
- gets call to go home
- so he did
- after a couple of hours, wife feeling better urged Cummings to return to work
- so he did
- returned home that evening
- somehow, she thought she might have covid (but didn't have cough or fever)
- he also thought he might get/have it
- feared hospitalisation

Let's be clear ........ neither parent had it, neither parent showed symptoms, people Cummings worked with had been off work and returned (presumably without hospitalisation) ...................... and yet, he considered it "exceptional circumstances".

I tell you what ........bugger it ....... I'll give it you ........ he did nowt wrong there ....... so, that just leaves us with Barnard Castle ........ on his wife's birthday.

Baton passed.

Just goes to show ....... we all see things differently. What about the review of the fines? Also, no second questions, and as soon as he could, he was off like a shot.

Not too happy about defending Cummings all over again I reckon.

He gave LK a second question and the last chap who was on.

The review may have some traction going forward - probably made up on the hoof, but may not be a bad thing to show ‘fairness’ if it transpires they were incorrectly imposed. I doubt there’s has been that many issued for this reason either.

Credit where it's due Moonay 😉
Hancock schooled Peston to the delight of most people 👏😁

I expect Peston had a second question lined up, because that was a long hop, waiting to be smacked out of the park..........so I suppose kudos to Hancock for moving on so quickly.

On that subject, you've got to ask yourself .......... if both you and your wife were hospitalised, how many people - friends, neighbours - who lived reasonably close by (5 mile radius?) do you reckon you could ask (without guilt) to look after your kid? For Cummings to not have that option is a bloody shame.