So, how is everyone feeling about Wednesday? | Page 2 | Vital Football

So, how is everyone feeling about Wednesday?

I want us to get promoted, and see the Imps playing in the second tier again.

But at the end of the day, this is the culmination of a great season, spoiled by not being part of it at games, and it will still have been a great season if we lose this tie. Playing in League 1 next season will still be a great place to be in terms of our progress. So in a way I'm relaxed about things

However, come 6pm tomorrow I will not be sitting relaxed in front of the telly, I will be on edge and living every move. All the pressure and expectation is on Sunderland. So let's do it!

And to those lucky enough to attend......give the lads a shout from me:utv:

Although it feels like (and is) a massive opportunity for us to play at a level I have only ever dreamed of, after everything is said and done it still feels like a free hit to me. I'm pretty relaxed about it and just looking to enjoy the (at least) next two matches!

Fairly relaxed about the ties and the outcome as a whole, but definitely more nervous for Wednesday than Saturday. I think if we keep ourselves in the game after the first leg we've got a chance. Away at their place with the pressure on them and hopefully more opportunities to break seems more favourable providing we are still well in the tie.

Firstly we have had a brilliant season, and are well ahead of the plan. So I feel that initially a big welcome and cheer for the lads to say thank you will hopefully encourage them to go one step further . In any event the final result will be acceptable knowing that we should be able to see them next season,and appreciating this seasons effort . So many good comments make it difficult to find anything fresh to say so I will just say I agree with all preceeding contributions . Get the lozenges ready to cheer yourselves hoarse . Enjoy the game !

I am excited that I can attend a match.

I think the pressure is on Sunderland. The Sunderland manager has said that they will be stronger as they have players that have been in the play-offs before and know what to expect (I think that can add extra pressure as they don't want to repeat the failure of 2 years ago in the play-offs)

With the majority of our squad being young, I think they will be looking forward to the matches and won't be fearful of losing.

I think the final will be between The Imps and Oxford.

UTI

This season has been a terrific watch for any Imps fan, the frustration that its all been via a screen and for me and most will be the same tomorrow and on Saturday.

We are ahead of 'The Plan' and punching way above our budget, so it is indeed a free hit. But having got to the play-offs, and having been the last contender to miss out on automatic promotion, I have a sense of nervous expectation, and, that dreaded word as it always kills you, hope that we can finally succeed in the play-offs.

With a fully fit squad and over 3000 passionate Imps supporters, tomorrow night is an opportunity for some of the best players seen in an Imps shirt in my lifetime to really show what they can do and for the supporters to show why the atmosphere at Sincil Bank is so special. Some of these lads will be making their only home appearance in front of spectators so give them something great to remember, they might just give something great in return.

Those who are going tomorrow, enjoy the privilege, make huge amounts of noise and trust the methods which have got us here. Nary a murmur of apprehension or impatience when Palmer first rolls a goal kick to Walsh five yards away, or when a passing move up the right wing works its way back to try another line of attack!

We can do this!

UTI!

To paraphrase what I posted on another thread. Even if Sunderland go up via the play offs they are still failures as they should be a Prempoo side apparently; so just more failure on top of failure for a club that has already failed.

We have already succeeded; if we get promoted it is more success on top of success.

There is no need for anybody connected with LCFC to feel nervous or worried about the outcome. The baggage my dears, is all Sunderland's to handle.

For those lucky enough to get a ticket I would imagine it will be quite emotional bearing in mind the havoc this pandemic has caused and looking around at a half empty LNER is a further indication.

I’m pretty cool with it all at the moment, once tomorrow’s evening meal schedule is sorted with chef-kok I’ll be better.

To those that are going - Enjoy it, and every last one of you, give it large for 90 minutes. Seldom for Imps fans do these opportunities come around. Well before Clive rocked up anyway.

Pretty peeved that my Wednesday working hours were switched today from 9-6 to 11-8, but as I'm working from home... work can get to f***.

Oh yeah, and Sunderland scare me less than my boss.

I'm pretty relaxed. To some extent it feels like a free hit but on the other hand, we've been up there all season and still feels like a bit of a missed opportunity for autos tbh.

I'm nervous. I think it's because we actually have a real chance at promotion to the Championship. The teams back on form, we're fit, we're rested, we know we can beat anyone on the day. Can you believe it!

Either way, considering where we were a few years ago, win or lose this is nothing short of exceptional. Just being in the league one playoffs is mind blowing.

The pressure is on Sunderland.

Still nervous though, maybe excited nervous.